The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Ut appears that we are deviating from the topic, which is about what makes a better companion. Both dogs and cats have their respective merits. We are not here so much concerned with utility like watching, guiding etc. The stress is on companionship. As rightly stressed by one member, a dog even guides the blind persons. There can be no creature more suitable as a companion than a dog. Some may like cat but a cat is more interested in a particular location than a person. Most of the children also like dog to play with. [/quote]

A little diversion is okay as long as the subjects being discussed are not outside the topic, in this case, cats and dogs!

Again, just one thing I would like to point is that preferring a pet, whether a cat or a dog is merely a reflection of a person's personality. The people who mainly need to extend their affections to other being, the need to care for someone, is mostly fulfilled by a dog, if you have a dog, you have to care for it like a child!

On the other hand, a person who does not need to assert their loving nature, but only want a smart companion around, a companion who can takes it own care and will not completely depend on its master for its food or anything, a cat is ideal pet!

And who says cats are not smart or loyal! When I was very young, about 4 years old, since then we have had cats in our household, my father was posted out of town as part of his duties in Air Force, My mother was a working outside and me and my older sister,(only 2 years apart) used to be alone at home, and we had a Cat and her big litter of kittens for company. I remember that cat was so protective of me that I was not allowed anywhere near the door! She used to simply block the door when my mother was not around! Something that speaks for its loyalty and dedication!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]But what makes you think Dogs are not lovable...dont tell me you dont feel like crushing a Pug(aka hutch dog) in your arms. [/quote]

A pug may look cute, but it is very very expensive to buy and to keep him healthy and in fact since a pug is of cross breed, it has too many health problems!

[quote]Another thing i dont like about dogs is they pant most of the time and their saliva falls on the floor or on us.

It is very yuccky sometimes ... [/quote]

Yes, its very very yucky! :S

Here I come rooting for my canine friends!

Let me start off saying that I love cats no less but when it comes to taking sides I have to be on the canine side - conscientiously! As the topic is all about our preference for particular pets, I would like to carry it even further which is our love for animals! Only those who have ever been close to them can comprehend the magical powers they possess to keep us bilissfully happy.

Coming to advancing my arguments for my fondness for dogs, I must emphatically point to their striking abilities to emote, to demonstrate their unflinching loyalty and unselfish love to their beloved ones and above all their extraordinary intelligence about which records are available since the dawn of civilization. I would like to narrate some of the personal experiences about them in my next post. Each of those experiences has reinforced my belief that it is a divine pleasure to have dogs as pets!
One more thing I would like to add is, dogs loiter around in the streets and a pack of dogs are very much a situation to be alert.

Cats don't loiter around in street and lazily lay around on the roads like dogs do and they don't disrupt the travelers. While traveling I find dogs barking at the motorist or car drivers just for naught.

Rarely you will find a cat on the road.

Swetha Shenoy
One more thing I would like to add is, dogs loiter around in the streets and a pack of dogs are very much a situation to be alert.

Cats don't loiter around in street and lazily lay around on the roads like dogs do and they don't disrupt the travelers. While traveling I find dogs barking at the motorist or car drivers just for naught.

Birds of a feather flock together. Thus undisciplined persons like me who wander in street and disturb others will like dog company. Swetha type disciplined persons will like cats more. Dog type individuals will prefer dog company. also dirty people will like dogs and clean/ tidy and neat will like cats.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Although cats are easy to carry everywhere and they look cute, it always wander everywhere even in neighbour's house, which may bring us complaints. Also, it will make friendship with strangers more easily though not sincere. But this is not the case of dogs. They never mingle with strangers or wander in neighbour's home.If we are in any sort of danger or theft, dog can help us more than cats. If we are sitting in veranda alone at night, we will not be afraid if a dog is along with us. I like both cats and dogs. Yet, if I had to make a choice between these two, I would prefer to go with dog.

Meera sandhu
Gulshan ji

hahhahaha.......what a comparison!!!! But the thing is that i am not too much a tidy person, My room is always a mess and I loiter around in my free time

I am supposed to like dogs;right?

Swetha Shenoy

Birds of a feather flock together. Thus undisciplined persons like me who wander in street and disturb others will like dog company. Swetha type disciplined persons will like cats more. Dog type individuals will prefer dog company. also dirty people will like dogs and clean/ tidy and neat will like cats.

Undisciplined persons like you sir...i somehow fail to picture that in my mind :p
Gulshan ji

hahhahaha.......what a comparison!!!! But the thing is that i am not too much a tidy person, My room is always a mess and I loiter around in my free time

I am supposed to like dogs;right?

Yes swetha you are supposed to like Dogs,..Happy realisation :laugh: Evil laugh :laugh:
dancing_b06.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.