The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Actually shiva sena oppose other culture which we Indians opted. so On valentines day if these shiva sena people see any couple just they will sound them and make their marriage.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

"The Shiva Sena and Bajrang Dal will not permit even husbands and wives to celebrate this western function. "
It is really a bad thing. But I want to know whether they opposes Friendship day, Women's day or worker's day.
Gulshanji, can you tell something about this?

They are opposing only valentine Day. Workers' day on 1st may is observed by politicians and the trade unions mostly sponsored by politicians. Women's day does not appear as popular as valentine Day. In fact, even our constitution and democracy are foreign rather western. Shiva Sena and Bajarang Dal have their own agenda for opposing Valentine day. Only they may explain why they oppose only Valentine and why not other occasions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

According to me, of 365 days, if we are able to give one day fully dedicated for our loved ones and show our love it is really great. All want their love to be expressed and if they are getting one special day for it, it is really good. It is celebrated only with good means. So it should be accepted. East or west, good things are to be accepted. All persons have love in their heart. That's why this day has become so popular. But, some see it as only a part of business. I totally disagree with such people. Love is not at all business, in any case.

Meera sandhu
I think our discussion so far and the respective views of all members who have chosen to take part in it, indicate one thing running common in them which is utter dislike for any agnecy - either any political party or any cultural outfit to dictate our free choices.In this land of love - if I am permitted to use the terms - there is absolutely nothing wrong to be inspired by any example any icon irrespective of place of origin. So these elements may be kept out of our discussion.

The question here is how many of us are laying importance on substance than the form.A substantial section of our people have a craze for anything foreign.To them Indian heritage is to be always looked down upon - they look blissfully happy and turn to any direction for ideas,inspiration before making sure if it is aavailable in our own land!!
I agree with chinmoy,We should not encourage such foreign crazy culture.

No comments, Actually after reading all post I am in confusion,to whom I will support.One day when I was young then I celebrated with great joy but now I am against it as I am a father, and I would not like to see that my children have any lover.This is an example but this is fact.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Passion and craze are two different terms with altogether different imports. Our great men were all having a universal outlook - be it the field of religion.literature or art. Swami Vivekananda was the first to address the people of the United States of America as 'brothers and sisters' and those words had electrifying effects.His views and interpretations of 'Vedanta' struck a harmonious chords in the hearts of all religious minded people of the world.Rabindra Nath Tagore set Shantinekatan and Viswa Bharati to bring enlightened people all over the world. He even adapted melodies of some Eurpoean music to create his unforgettable musical work. I am mentioning all these just to emphasise the point - that cultural interaction on global scale is not only desirable but also a must to enrich one's culture.

I have no issue with anyone who loves to express his or love on this day but I am against carrying it to excess to the point of aping anything foreign. Indian loved before it,love without it and will love without it!!
Passion and craze are two different terms with altogether different imports. Our great men were all having a universal outlook - be it the field of religion.literature or art. Swami Vivekananda was the first to address the people of the United States of America as 'brothers and sisters' and those words had electrifying effects.His views and interpretations of 'Vedanta' struck a harmonious chords in the hearts of all religious minded people of the world.Rabindra Nath Tagore set Shantinekatan and Viswa Bharati to bring enlightened people all over the world. He even adapted melodies of some Eurpoean music to create his unforgettable musical work. I am mentioning all these just to emphasise the point - that cultural interaction on global scale is not only desirable but also a must to enrich one's culture.

I have no issue with anyone who loves to express his or love on this day but I am against carrying it to excess to the point of aping anything foreign. Indian loved before it,love without it and will love without it!!

I agree that there can be no closed door cultural purity. There is import and export of cultural and religious traditions. Buddhism spread far and wide from India. There is nothing wrong in adopting customs and traditions of the west. However, the import of Valentine and other similar events has been deliberately and artificially encouraged by commercial interests. The events like New Year Day and Christmas have been mixed up with India traditions naturally unlike Valentine. Even then, there should be no hooliganism and harassment of the lovers celebrating this occasion. The organizations like Shiva Sena and Bajarang Dal should not be allowed 'moral policing'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

yes this is right, I agree with gulshanji. As we Indians celebrating Newyear, christmas,fathersday, womens days and even mothers day so why not lovers day. But why People opposing about lovers days because of misusing the day by the lovers as they rome and do mess in parks and some others restricted places and do ilegal deeds. As in my home town most of the lovers meet at the steps of one hill called Kailash giri as there no one come. Due to such things people are taking this day badly.

To My view celebrating valentines day is not wrong.

St .Valentine's Day , is also known as simply Valentine's day, may be it comes once in a year and can be celebrated on February fourteen. Valentine's Day was created simply by Pope Gelasius at the era of 500 Ad to be able to recognize the actual Orlando martyrs known as Valentines. The particular religious observance during the day had been erased through Pope John Mire from your Roman calender associated with new orleans saints in 1969 but continues to be often authorized. Valentine's Evening was associated with intimate love through Geoffrey Chaucer through the Middle Ages. Until the 19th century handwritten Valentines were often offered as opposed to modern mass-produced greeting cards.

Valentine's day is usually celebrated together with expression of our love to others, and Presents associated with Sweets, blossoms, and also cards known as "valentines." Emblems of Modern Valentine's Day time contain coronary heart styles, figures associated with winged Cupid, and doves Etc.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.