The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So yesterday was a great day for lovers as we were made to believe courtsey Valentine Day! Like everybody I too celebrated in my own - I didn't buy any card.It's not that I couldn't afford to buy but I just exhibited a little bit whatever sense I am left with by not playing into the hands of those companies making a big killing out of this hype! At personal level,I always feel any exhibitionism in the matter of love is nothing but insult to this concept of love.
If there is love between or amongst us - its loftiness demands dignified expression.There is a proverb:When it's two it is company and when it's three,it's a crowd!!

Now the central question is: Should we be following or aping anything that comes from distant lands and glorify them to the utter ignorance and consequent neglect of our great ones No,we shouldn't! That exposes our intellectual as well as moral bankruptcy to the ridicule of the entire world. Be receptive to rich ideas coming from all directions but with a critical evaluation before these are accepted and followed.Inverted snobbery,competitive peer pressures should be sensibly avoided.
What I feel is love has nothing to do with cultures, cast, creeds, countries, genders or relations. This is purely associated with humankind and every creature. I do love my relatives as per their relations to me and I do love my flowers, trees and pets as well. There is no fixed day for me to love or not to love therefore, every day is a heart or love day for me.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

What I feel is love has nothing to do with cultures, cast, creeds, countries, genders or relations. This is purely associated with humankind and every creature. I do love my relatives as per their relations to me and I do love my flowers, trees and pets as well. There is no fixed day for me to love or not to love therefore, every day is a heart or love day for me.

To say that every day is love day tantamount to oppose celebration of a particular day as day of love. However, this is true about other days. also. Rakhi is a festival of brothers and sisters. This is fixed day for brothers to promise security to sister though he is duty bound the whole year. A married woman celebrates Karwa chauth for her husband's long life though she has such feeling the whole year. Thus, it is okay to celebrate valentine Day also on a particular day as mark of love. The fact remains that this is borrowed from west but then there are many things and ideas borrowed from west.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
Yes, we can borrow any good things to our life, even if it is from west.
Many people are crying, we are simply imitating the west. But, it is not true. If we can accept their dress code and make it a part of our own culture, then why can't we accept their good motives to dedicate one day for our loved ones. There is nothing wrong it. If we were still holding our old tradition in closed hands, men would have been still on dhotis and women on sarees only.
Of course, love is the most important essence of one's life and we can't live without it. Though all of us don't express it fully, love dwells in everyone's heart. The true message of Valentine's day is to express our love towards our loved ones rather than hiding it behind deep corners of our mind and later buried, without letting the other person to know its depth.
It can be done through a small flower, a sweet smile or even a favourite dish made with your own hands. The true message of this day is, just to convey your love and dedicate one day for it. You can do it in any way you like, your preference. It has nothing to do with some other person's principles and concepts. Those who want to express it through cards can do like that and those who like to drive her to a favourite spot can also do like that. Some people give and take new promises also.
According to me, it is strictly personal and nothing to discuss it even with your close friend.Do, what your mind say. What do you say????

Meera sandhu
Love in life is such vital process that it counts and matters in every moment of our lives and while its presence makes our moments so lovable and lives so worth-living that it's open to debate if any particular day of the year may be celebrated when life itself is celelbration of love!Unfortunately commercial forays into domains of some of our most sacred and pure pleasures have made things appear a little bloated!!
@Sandhya

Wearing dhotis per se is neither a symbol of lack of modernity as Mr. Chidambarm would vouch for me- nor wearing trousers necessarily confirms one to be very modern in his thoughts and actions!!
@Sandhya

Wearing dhotis per se is neither a symbol of lack of modernity as Mr. Chidambarm would vouch for me- nor wearing trousers necessarily confirms one to be very modern in his thoughts and actions!!

I am saying about the convenience of using pants and shirts (not about symbol of modernity) My father still uses only dhoti, no pants :) . Sure, pants and modern dresses are more convenient to use, than dhoti and sari. So, we accept their dress code. If we are able to bring such good changes in us, why are we finding fault in dedicating a day for our loved ones?? That's what I am asking.

Meera sandhu
Go through my posts! Not even once I have been allergic to accepting anything which our common sense and pragmatism tell us to do.What I disapprove is the hoopla that surrounds this day!!!
sandhya you are right. When we are opting other culture in wearing modern dresses, using modern good and celebrating newyear, mothers day , fathers day and all then why cannot we celebrate valentines day. Most of the people are opposing it. In andhra if sevasena people find any couple going out on valentines day they are performing their marriage. This is really bad. Loving others is not compulsary to marry them know. I realy oppose for this kind of behavior of BJP people

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I think Valentine's day celebration is similar to our cricket team. Media and business industries, hype them both, because they get huge amount of money in return. Even then, the importance of this day is not diminishing. In the modern world, every thing is needed to be expressive and as I have told in one of my previous posts, people are more insecure in the case of love. So they are finding new ways to make it fresh. Business people make use of these emotions as weapons to sell their products in the name of poor Valentine. That's all.
In today's competitive world, everyone has money in hand, yet people don't find happiness at all,also enough time to spare for their loved ones. So, let this day also happen as every one wish. It depends upon the personal decision only, how to make this day different. :)

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.