The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Can you explain it something more? i can't get all of its ideas.

what I feel sandhya he simply says that if the valentines day is getting all this popular this is due to multinationals like cadbuxxxx and archxxx are making their all out aggressive marketing campaigns to sell more. Without they doing this, this would not have become so popular and then all this makes consumer spend more. This lavish spending is making financial health of people and countries ill.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Every businessman is selling his product. Even the Indian private banking sector is not aiming to help or serve people. They want to sell their products to earn profit to their company. Many insurance policies are introduced by different banks, saying, to help its customers. But what actually happening is, they hide many of their taxes in the first premium itself, thus company getting its profit in the first term itself. That's all.
I know it well because my husband is a private bank employee and he knows how to sell his products :laugh: :laugh:

So how can be blame foreign companies like archies only? :whistle:

Meera sandhu
@Sandhya

My reference to European debt crisis which was preceded by subprime mortgage issues in the USA was obviously indicative of a crisis in culture in these parts of the globe to which a section of Indian people always look for inspiration.The crisis was so grave that even the President of the USA had to blame the greed and lack of morality of these corporates!!! The Indian culture always advised moderation and temperance.We already see how some notable European nations are being forced to pay the price of living beyond their means.It doesn't look like Greek which produced the phiosopher of the calibre of Socrates,ironically is at the centre of this crisis,would be free from this life-threatening crisis before another few decades!

As I have repeatedly maintaining that there is absolutely anything irrational- in fact it is perfectly rational - to be open on receiving and adopting,adapting and finally assimilating any custom,practice,idea or whatever it is.And our country is a living proof of this composite culture.What one has to guard against is uncritical and aping acceptance.If our early generations wore dhotis or ate something ,those were all shaped up by climatic suitability and rational considerations.
I agree to Mr. Chinmoy's view that the multinationals promote the occasions like Valentine Day for commercial purposes. Valentine Day has not been adopted in natural course but artificially boosted by advertising and printing industry. In fact, even the traditional festivals like Rakhsha Bandhan and Karwa chauth are commercialized.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree to Mr. Chinmoy's view that the multinationals promote the occasions like Valentine Day for commercial purposes. Valentine Day has not been adopted in natural course but artificially boosted by advertising and printing industry. In fact, even the traditional festivals like Rakhsha Bandhan and Karwa chauth are commercialized.

Yes Sir.
Let me quote something more.
Let us see a festival season and we are going to a temple, church or mosque. What will we see more? Religious ceremonies or small shops????
People will be more concentrated in buying things rather than praying and watching ceremonies. Isn't it? i.e. Even our sacred places are not free from the hands of 'profit making businesses'. Am I right?
Another example relating to this. You all know Attukal is famous for its Pongala where more than 3 million women gathers every year, on that day, at capital city of Kerala. If we go there before the festival season, streets will be calm. But as soon as the 10 day ceremony starts, we can see 100's of beggars in every street leading to the temple, most of them don't have even legs and hands(both).
At early morning itself, we can see them sitting on roadsides near temple. But at night, we can't see even a single beggar wandering around. How it happens????? Large business groups are there, who import beggars for this special occasion. At night, they will carry them back.
What I am saying is, even God has not been left alone :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Friends celebrations are done to make near and dear ones happy. Just to do so, we find out reasons and starts celebrating. This millenium is business era. Businessmen are looking for more and more profits and wide spread business. Being human beings, we can't avoid all as we live in society. How do we celebrate? What do we celebrate? Such question hardly matters. It depends on us. Few people care for what society will think.
Friends, with rise in abnormal price level, people has grown habbits of earning more and more, any how. Everything becomes economical.
A simple couple would prefer to enjoy V-Day as simple as possible while others would prefer to party hard all night.
According to the topic of discussion, V-Day should be celebrated by people in the way they feel the best. It has nothing to do with society, nationality and customs.

Yes Sir.
Let me quote something more.
Let us see a festival season and we are going to a temple, church or mosque. What will we see more? Religious ceremonies or small shops????
People will be more concentrated in buying things rather than praying and watching ceremonies. Isn't it? i.e. Even our sacred places are not free from the hands of 'profit making businesses'. Am I right?
Another example relating to this. You all know Attukal is famous for its Pongala where more than 3 million women gathers every year, on that day, at capital city of Kerala. If we go there before the festival season, streets will be calm. But as soon as the 10 day ceremony starts, we can see 100's of beggars in every street leading to the temple, most of them don't have even legs and hands(both).
At early morning itself, we can see them sitting on roadsides near temple. But at night, we can't see even a single beggar wandering around. How it happens????? Large business groups are there, who import beggars for this special occasion. At night, they will carry them back.
What I am saying is, even God has not been left alone :laugh:

@Sandhya

In the name of God so many things were done,are done and will be done.Perhaps no part of the world is free from it.There were times in our history which is termed 'Dark Ages' when religion degenerated itself into instruments or devices to promote sectarian causes on caste,creed and so on. Ultimately a few saints and sages burst on the scene and saved things for us. I have vivid memories of how things were at a pilgrimage centre as I spent some years of my childhood.And my aversion to ritualistic organised religion grew from my experinces as a kid!

Here again we,the people, have to awaken ourselves to the immoral and shady activities of some of our fake gurus!
Today being the concluding,time has come to offer my concluding comments.As has been observed by many I join them in my approval that there is nothing intrinsically in merit not to accept any positive,beneficial,enriching ideas irrespective of their sources.If Swami Vivekanada enriched and extended the cultural boundaries of the globe so did Sister Nivedita ( Margaret Nobel- his disciple). Mother Teresa defined and redefined what service to humanity is.If Sir Albert Einstein invented the theory of relativity,Prof.S.N.Bose helped him to develop it! So cultural exchanges and interactions are bright features of a thriving civilization.

Love as I already described to be the truest of all emotions but I don't believe this lofty concept stands on physical beauty alone or any expectations to be requited with paraphernalia of glittering cards and expensive gifts- If St Valentine is the latest in the pantheon of God of love I have nothing more or less to say! If this day truly inspires love- not an emotion which is purely driven by carnal desires and ends before it blooms to its full glory! Love has been celebrated in our literature,religious works and folklore and we have icons,legends in good measure and if still one looks beyond that's perfectly in order sans vulgarity and undesirable media blitz promoting crass commercialization.

Thank you all and here I conclude!
Good summation Chinmoy! Come on guys, today's the last day of discussion, post your concluding views quickly!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Good summation Chinmoy! Come on guys, today's the last day of discussion, post your concluding views quickly!

I did read every comment posted by ChinmayJi on this thread and I do agree with him on almost every point. That in fact is the best observation of the things going around these so called 'days' marketing strategies is the only driving force behind all these 'days' getting so popular so fast.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.