The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So, the day for conclusion to this topic has come.
I find nothing wrong in celebrating this day as we do for all other occasions. But, one thing I have to say.
A relation is not just giving a precious gift or promising something new on a particular day, that can't be attained. Anything that is done truly from the bottom of heart is really worthy more than all the hidden treasures of the world. Each person has his own way to express his love. So, let him do his way, as he prefers. After all, it is one's personal life, to make that day a big celebration or not. You can do anything, but never forget what Valentine has left behind....ie. Faith and sincerity in love, of course.

But, I personally feel, if our Valentine unexpectedly give us a Valentine gift, we will be happy. Isn't it? So, deep inside everyone's mind, we had a hidden desire for being cared on this day by our most beloved person.
Then why are we protesting it saying it is only a part of western culture, no meaning in it, nothing worthy, spending money worthlessly....
Just dissolve that thought from your mind and give an unexpected gift to your 'other half' without expecting anything in return.
I think, you will truely treasure that moment. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Yes, even I also feel that celebrating valentines day is nothing wrong as we celebrate new year, Christmas and many more English days.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes..Celebrations are always there so that we can forget every tension in life at least for that moment. :)
So, we should try to see the good faces of it, not criticizing the wrong ones.

Meera sandhu
Thank you very much everyone for participating with such vigor and making this discussion a success. :) :) :)

Will post the results very soon!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.