The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Education is free and compulsory upto a certain age. But what today taking place is not education.It is mugging up some information for vomiting in answer papers.It makes useless citizens only.
Education is the allround development of innate abilities in a man.Here we are digging our own graves through such exam systems and teaching methods.

You are absolutely right, Abid.
That's why, I don't compel my daughter to study. She is only 4 years. I always feel, student should have a feeling in themselves that he should study. Otherwise it will end only in mug up of subjects, which won't help them in long term for sure.
I want my daughter just to be intelligent according to her age. Also, she should never be below average students. I never dream that my daughter should come first in all subjects. Let her try according to her capabilities and what we people can do is, providing good help for them.
Some of them I am listing below.
1. Peaceful atmosphere in family. It is sure, kids learn many things from home. Of course, some things may disturb their studies. If parents are able to bring a warm feeling inside the home, students will automatically concentrate in studies. Am I not right?
2. Allow them to select subjects according to their mood, not our mood. Sometimes one may feel good to study Maths rather than chemistry. Let him do that.
3. Good school and facilities is also equally important.
4. Just appreciate them with good heart. It will really inspire them to do it again
5. Give them a little rest, of course. I have seen many parents switching off cable when exam is near. I don't think it is a good decision. I am sure, even the bright student will never be able to sit before books continuously for hours. Give them a break. It will help brain to get some rest and acquire more energy to study, the next section.
Rest, I will say later

Meera sandhu
Education is free and compulsory upto a certain age. But what today taking place is not education.It is mugging up some information for vomiting in answer papers.It makes useless citizens only.
Education is the allround development of innate abilities in a man.Here we are digging our own graves through such exam systems and teaching methods.

You are absolutely right, Abid.
That's why, I don't compel my daughter to study. She is only 4 years. I always feel, student should have a feeling in themselves that he should study. Otherwise it will end only in mug up of subjects, which won't help them in long term for sure.
I want my daughter just to be intelligent according to her age. Also, she should never be below average students. I never dream that my daughter should come first in all subjects. Let her try according to her capabilities and what we people can do is, providing good help for them.
Some of them I am listing below.
1. Peaceful atmosphere in family. It is sure, kids learn many things from home. Of course, some things may disturb their studies. If parents are able to bring a warm feeling inside the home, students will automatically concentrate in studies. Am I not right?
2. Allow them to select subjects according to their mood, not our mood. Sometimes one may feel good to study Maths rather than chemistry. Let him do that.
3. Good school and facilities is also equally important.
4. Just appreciate them with good heart. It will really inspire them to do it again
5. Give them a little rest, of course. I have seen many parents switching off cable when exam is near. I don't think it is a good decision. I am sure, even the bright student will never be able to sit before books continuously for hours. Give them a break. It will help brain to get some rest and acquire more energy to study, the next section.
Rest, I will say later

I reached this position due to a normal study.In this time it may not be OK.But today's people have a lot of opportunities than I have in 25 years back.So they have to be tuned like that than making them more tense and stressed.
I was first in all my classes,But my duaghters are not first.I don't say them to be first , but to be best in their area.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Another great here again and thanks Kalyani for thinking this imaginative and highly relevant and topical subject.

It's exam time which brings the share of nightmarish experiences for both the parents as well as students. The entire concept of education in recent decades has undergone a sea change to say euphemistically or shall we call it - ocean change!! May be! The education landscape is dotted by too many negative features. Quest for knowledge has been reduced to that of a quest for marks! Expectations of fanatasical proportions have gripped our minds. I would develop my thoughts and arguments step by step in my later posts.
@Abid,
You are right. Conditions have really changed.
Earlier, students respect their teachers very much, fear them. But now teachers have to use each and every word after a lot of thoughts.
Why are we blaming parents only?
This discussion has an another side also.
Earlier, children had to help their parents also. But over years, economic conditions of society has really improved. Now, everything is ready available at market, even project CD's and study materials for different classes, which was not available even 7-8 years before. Also, every simple thing can be searched from google. So kids have everything in hand and no work at home. So, is it not their duty to give more concentration to studies than computer games? Also, government has taken the burden of SSLC. I think, it is applicable for all syllabus in India. Burden of students is only on plus two and Entrance exams
If so, why can't students study? IQ of students have increased over a decade, I think exploded. Why can't they use their IQ in improving their studies?
If so, can parents be blamed, when they say, kids are more interested in computer games and CD's than studies, because they are ready to give everything their kids want. They want them only to study, because before 25 years or so, it was not easy to get marks. Am I right?

Meera sandhu
Today childrens being more smart they know facebook google well and utilize it well but more in enjoyable subject and entertainment. so parents also need to take care of childrens and provide environment to feel free to develop self and parents need to help childrens and develop them as per his or her interest.

Today parents needs also being burden on lot of childrens.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Today’s world is different from what it used to be a few decades back. The competition is so tough to reach anywhere and no one wants to be left behind. I yester years there were only a few and limited opportunities for children but this is not so in this age. Every one is looking to reach to the top.
So are their parents who know the value of better education with excellence. Why not, while opportunity is there to take, why leave it for some one else if one is capable, what is there if a bright one makes a bit extra effort or an average one does it the harder way.
I am in favor of students go all out as this is going to direct them to their destiny. Why not.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes Sunil,
When whole world is going forward, just our kids can't stay still. But most importance is their interest. Not even a single child is born on earth, who has no capabilities. It is the duty of parents to identify, in which subject or field, he has got talent. It can be done by giving some extra time to be with kids. Then, only a little effort will be needed to nourish them in that field. Since opportunities are huge in every subject, we have large number of choices. Choose the best in which your kid finds interest. It will be good for both kids as well as parents :)

Meera sandhu
The parents wish to fulfill their hidden desires through children. This way they overburden them with unreasonable expectations. A child should grow as a plant. Parents and society need to give necessary inputs and facilities to let children develop according to natural inclination and aptitude. many parents thrust the career of law, medicine or engineering irrespective of child's natural interests. This suffocates a child and obstructs his natural growth. Thus a potential singer is made engineer and a potential engineer is made a lawyer. This harms not only the children but the entire society as we do not get the best out of our citizens rather future citizens.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now turning our attention to the problem of parental pressure.These days with one child norm in place, the only child is the vehicle for the parents to make all kinds of statements - if I am to give a different spin to the meaning of the word 'statement'. In older days in family gatherings no pointed question was ever asked as to name of the school at which one studied.Now some parents feel thoroughly embarrassed if their sons or daughters study at any nondescript school. And If it is not an English medium school - the problem is far worse!

Like any demand and supply situation - operators are active to cash in on this weaknesses. In West Bengal so-called English medium schools have mushroomed in all corners with no proper facilities. The other day I was struck when I chanced upon a person who didn't complete his schooling but made it big as a contractor of a government corporation set up a school and he made no bones about his intentions to me - to make a big killing out of it!!
Reading Chinmayjee's statement about that illiterate contractor let me quote something about Pudicherry's educational minister. I was really shocked and kept me laughing for hours when I read through newspapers a few months ago that he was caught red-handed when he send another person to write SSLC (10th standard) public exam for him. I am providing a link here.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_puducherry-education-minister-hires-proxy-to-write-sslc-exam-exposed_1596818
What can I say more about it? When are living in a country where even educational ministers don't have minimum qualification, can we assume that persons who set up private schools will have good educational background? Never.
Education and hospitals are now only business, nothing else.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.