The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Talking about quantum jump in IQ about which some members have chosen to go gaga. I frankly feel unconvinced! With all talk of significant improvement in this regard,I have a very simple question here. Have we produced a scientist like the calibre of Dr J.C.Bose,Professor S.N.Bose,C.V.Raman in the last sixty years? A Ramanujam? Another Rabindra Nath Tagore? What is the scenario of higher education. A UNESCO research reveals poor standing of India vis-a-vis China in production of original scholarly papers. Not a single Indian univarsity figures in the top 100 universities of the world. So what this rat race has produced? A boneless wonder!!!
Unless the Indian Education system is changed, this scenario will continue. The students work hard, they toil a lot, but what about the understanding capacity of the students? Its a big question mark. The students study hard, the parents are making them to do so, only for one reason. That's to score marks. The parents and teachers don't care whether the student has understood the subject or not. In tenth the parents want their child to score good marks for taking A or B ( Biology or computer science) groups in the higher secondary. In 12th they want their child to score good marks for getting engineering or medical seat in merit. this doesn't stop here, it continues in college as well. The parents want the child to study well in college and get campus placement. This results in nil understanding of the course in most cases and the students are left with stressful life throughout their educational life . And more importantly they tend to do the same mistake with their child in future as well. So, this can be changed only if the educational system in India gets changed. Then only, the student can enjoy his educational life without stress.
But still a Dr.Amartyasen is there. :) But, if we are considering population of India, it should be at least in thousands. Isn't it? Same is the case of each and every field in India.
I think our Gurukula education is far far better than our present system. At least some students come out, who actually know the true meaning of education. Education is not just earning a certificate. All universities give moderation marks for students to pass. In SSLC, if he scores 10 marks out of 50, he will get moderation and will be declared 'pass'. Actually, will the student be benefited from this? I don't think so. A student should learn the subject to know about it, not to 'just pass' and continue further education. When his basement itself has not been well-built yet, how can he achieve more heights? Never possible at all.

Meera sandhu
@Sandhya

Dr. Amartya Sen started his student life at Gurudev's Shantiniketan and his parents were all associates of Rabindra Nath Tagore. It goes to prove my point that is the superiority of earliers system!
@Sandhya

Dr. Amartya Sen started his student life at Gurudev's Shantiniketan and his parents were all associates of Rabindra Nath Tagore. It goes to prove my point that is the superiority of earliers system!

Can you quote something about present education system at Shantinikethan, as you are from Bengal? Are they still following the old methods of teaching? Just a few words, please

Meera sandhu
Yes i remember when i was in 12th standard i had lot of pressure on my shoulders as percentage in 12th matters much as on the basis of it only we get admission in colleges i know many of my friends could not get admission in good college due to less percentage.I don't know what is the present scenario but of course today too children have pressure to get good marks. :(
Actually parents and child both need proper counselling.There is no such system here.Recently I have seen a bengali movie named ICHHE, which showed this.Parent want to make his child established anyway.So if we will get proper guidence it will help more to child.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I think old days education was better than todays days becuase that time no cd,computer vedeos, etc only learning and learning so student mind become more sharp with good memory.

So more facility is also not a good thing because student should enjoy student life not professional life with a lot of facility.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Yes in those days education had some meaning with morality and a social value.Now a days all are running behind number.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yes in those days education had some meaning with morality and a social value.Now a days all are running behind number.

Now, people will be popular in society only if he is an Engineer or doctor. All jobs are not getting dignity here. So, parents are giving pressure to their kids to join some professional course, because they believe that only such studies will only enable them to acquire security in future life.

According to me, everything has to be well balanced.
It's sure, the field selected by a person should be 100% according to his will and parents should provide support to them with proper guidance. But kids should also dream courses that parents have appropriate financial status to give it to them.
Every kid dreams to be a doctor and get admission in a private college. But, is it possible if parents can't afford its expense?
So,while choosing a career, kids should remember this factor also. Am I not right?

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.