The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ha...Dance and Song....with a little madness!!! ha ha

Meera sandhu
Yes, those looking from outside felt so.But the impact it made among students was very high.They began to think before acting.They became self sufficient at least in some activities like going to a bank and paying the amount.They directly studied the soil type and vegetables to be cultivated in that soil, from the farmers.

But the burnt out children mugged up all these in their mind without any practical sense and application.So it remained in their mind only for years and died there itself.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
So am concluding my discussion with this.
Our topic was "Are we producing a generation of burnt-out children?"

Really parents reproduce children and we in turn produce from them a generation of burnt out children.

The main reason for this is the education system that we follow.

The best solution is to give them opportunity in extra curricular activities like Scouts & Guides , NSS,NCC etc with equal priority of class room education.

Also they should be given or trained some social experience during the studentship itself.

Thanks to all who encouraged to put more and more ideas.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
So am concluding my discussion with this.
Our topic was "Are we producing a generation of burnt-out children?"

Really parents reproduce children and we in turn produce from them a generation of burnt out children.

The main reason for this is the education system that we follow.

The best solution is to give them opportunity in extra curricular activities like Scouts & Guides , NSS,NCC etc with equal priority of class room education.

Also they should be given or trained some social experience during the studentship itself.

Thanks to all who encouraged to put more and more ideas.

Are you canvassing parents to send their children to scouts and guides :P :angry:

Meera sandhu
[quote]To my humble understanding of the problem existing in the field of education, we need to think in radical terms. As a first step we need to de-brand education.A motley group of businessmen have taken over this role of promoting 'brand' and liberally showering money at the feet of those of governmental authorities to get permission to set up private institutions to 'sell' education! A cursory glance at their activities show that they do not care for quality, don't ensure acceptable lab facilities yet charge whopping fees, fill their pockets with filty lucre and go scot-free! The government must come down heavily on them[/quote]

Very true! But I think we cannot blame only the educational institutions in this regard. It is the lack of vision on our part as well, almost all the parents want to make their children an engineer or a doctor or an IT professional. They are refusing to look beyond the established realms of professions. Very few parents really take the interests of their children to heart and allow them to do what they really want!

There are also so many different avenues regarding professions taht can be practiced, but no one is willing to take a step towards those, all have but one goal in mind, to get a professional degree and start earning money by going abroad!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

So it's time to conclude and what else I can add as I have tried to bare it all in the way that's possible on my part. I thank all of you for going through my posts and giving your feedback, thanks once again!!
Let me conclude this group discussion with my own points. Through the discussions, it is clear that present educational system has many drawbacks. Yet, we are not able to provide a better one. But, as parents, what we can do is not to pressurize our kids to see our dreams fulfilled through them. We should try to see their dreams through our eyes. If so both ours and our kids’ pressures will be decreased considerably and it is sure, he will achieve his goals with our support, not our pressure. It is most important responsibility of parents to make their kids a better citizen than a better professional. If so, not only parents but also the country can expect many contributions from a kid in return. Also, make your kid mentally strong by giving him good advices and guiding him through proper channels. Give him both good education and better and peaceful atmosphere at home itself, with a smile in your faces than a face filled with over ambitions and tensions. It will of course prompt your kid to study better and fulfill his parents’ ambitions up to some extend because education is to be attained by one himself, not by pressure of parents or situations.

Meera sandhu
I have said enough, and would like to stick to what I already have said. I am not satisfied with present form of education, which is not knowledge oriented but producing degree holders. I know so many fresh pass out from different business schools that cannot draft an application and go to typists to do the job for them. I know so many software engineers who are not aware about ROM and RAM. There is no use of education like this which makes one a matter of laughter.
This is high time they really do some thing about the present system and change it for good as soon as possible.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I have said enough, and would like to stick to what I already have said. I am not satisfied with present form of education, which is not knowledge oriented but producing degree holders. I know so many fresh pass out from different business schools that cannot draft an application and go to typists to do the job for them. I know so many software engineers who are not aware about ROM and RAM. There is no use of education like this which makes one a matter of laughter.
This is high time they really do some thing about the present system and change it for good as soon as possible.

We can't get everything perfect Sunil. We have to choose one among the best and do our best. That's all.

Meera sandhu
No nothing would ever get perfect but this should be worthwhile at least.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.