The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Absolutely, that is one funny side of the market. This makes no sense while we see an advert of innerwear for men, carried, out by female in most ridiculous way. I am sure it would be the result if they used male models for displaying ladies garment’s adverts done by their male counterparts.
I do not understand the reason, there is no sense at all and this is high time they knew better than that and knew the right kind of strategy for marketing. Women certainly are not an ‘item’, which should be used to show an advert of male shoes in different fancy ways. Her dignity is more important than what we see in today's media world. This is really so embarrassing to view some adverts while sitting with family members. [/quote]

Yes, indeed its funny but the fun is all on the women! And like Sanjeev has stated above, the ads are done by all those women by their own choice, but where it comes to choosing the ads for themselves, do they really have a choice? If a girl decides to refuse an ad for a say, Jockey men's underwear, does she stand a chance to get another ad? No! because there is always going to another woman who will agree to do so in her place, and the economics of the industry are that women are left with little choice. Unless it changes, the present format remains, portraying women as a device to sell anything and everything.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Absolutely, that is one funny side of the market. This makes no sense while we see an advert of innerwear for men, carried, out by female in most ridiculous way. I am sure it would be the result if they used male models for displaying ladies garment’s adverts done by their male counterparts.
I do not understand the reason, there is no sense at all and this is high time they knew better than that and knew the right kind of strategy for marketing. Women certainly are not an ‘item’, which should be used to show an advert of male shoes in different fancy ways. Her dignity is more important than what we see in today's media world. This is really so embarrassing to view some adverts while sitting with family members.

Yes, indeed its funny but the fun is all on the women! And like Sanjeev has stated above, the ads are done by all those women by their own choice, but where it comes to choosing the ads for themselves, do they really have a choice? If a girl decides to refuse an ad for a say, Jockey men's underwear, does she stand a chance to get another ad? No! because there is always going to another woman who will agree to do so in her place, and the economics of the industry are that women are left with little choice. Unless it changes, the present format remains, portraying women as a device to sell anything and everything.[/quote]

That's right Kalyani there is always another girl standing in the queue if someone denies for the job. :( Present format is like there are many ads like of shaving cream too whats the meaning of showing girls in it but they show and people too like it.Consider an advertisement of fair and lovely for women but in that men are shown but again its marketing startegy and to make an advertisement more catchy. :)

Hi Abid i don't see it anything bad with it.Those girls who do modelling for the ads of bike is by their choice there is no compulsion and for that they are paid for too.

Exploitation is when they are forced to do something against their wish. :)

You are absolutely right, Sanjeev. 50 years ago, women loved to stay at home and live like the shadow of her husband and look after her children. But now, she has changed. Now she is educated and is taking her own decisions. Also, most of them want to be glamorous and want to earn by selling themselves for advertisements. It's purely her choice. If she decides she won't do it, then no one can force her to do so.
Our country is famous for its culture and shyness of Indian women. When whole world loves Indian ladies for their simplicity and respect to her husband and family, she dreams about earning more and standing independent and hence she imitate western style to earn quick money exploiting herself.

Meera sandhu
I do not understand the reason, there is no sense at all and this is high time they knew better than that and knew the right kind of strategy for marketing. Women certainly are not an ‘item’, which should be used to show an advert of male shoes in different fancy ways. Her dignity is more important than what we see in today's media world. This is really so embarrassing to view some adverts while sitting with family members.

Yes, indeed its funny but the fun is all on the women! And like Sanjeev has stated above, the ads are done by all those women by their own choice, but where it comes to choosing the ads for themselves, do they really have a choice? If a girl decides to refuse an ad for a say, Jockey men's underwear, does she stand a chance to get another ad? No! because there is always going to another woman who will agree to do so in her place, and the economics of the industry are that women are left with little choice. Unless it changes, the present format remains, portraying women as a device to sell anything and everything.

That's right Kalyani there is always another girl standing in the queue if someone denies for the job. :( Present format is like there are many ads like of shaving cream too whats the meaning of showing girls in it but they show and people too like it.Consider an advertisement of fair and lovely for women but in that men are shown but again its marketing startegy and to make an advertisement more catchy. :)[/quote]
I think they can make it a little more catchy with little bit of extra effort. Being a marketing professional myself, I can suggest you to add spices to those shaving adverts. Want to know how? They would not only be more catchy but far more viewed ones too. And trust me there would be lots of girls willing to do them as well, but I bet you would always switch your TV set off.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

That's right Kalyani there is always another girl standing in the queue if someone denies for the job. :( Present format is like there are many ads like of shaving cream too whats the meaning of showing girls in it but they show and people too like it.Consider an advertisement of fair and lovely for women but in that men are shown but again its marketing startegy and to make an advertisement more catchy. :)

I think they can make it a little more catchy with little bit of extra effort. Being a marketing professional myself, I can suggest you to add spices to those shaving adverts. Want to know how? They would not only be more catchy but far more viewed ones too. And trust me there would be lots of girls willing to do them as well, but I bet you would always switch your TV set off.[/quote]

I know they can make it more catchy by being more innovative. :)

No need to bet as i don't watch those ads :) .But of course there are many people in this world too unlike me and you who like to see those ads and buy products by seeing it.Its not me and you its particular population who get inspired by these ads and who knows manufacturers are happy to target that particular section. :laugh:
I have not quoted my views yet, even after the discussion has already progressed to its second stage.
Abid's question is
"Does Woman get empowered by current methods? What are the practical methods of women empowerment ? "

My answer is of course yes though all are not getting its true benefits. Most ladies are unaware of many of laws provided in Indian constitution. I would like to say, they are not properly utilizing them in a better way.
Best example is my neighbour...a lady of about 40 years just opposite to my present residence. Her kids are studying in plus two or so. Both her husband and mother-in-law treat her in a bad way. Both of them even beat her and close doors against her at night and she often sleeps in the terrace. If quarrel occurs, they won't even allow her to take food from kitchen.
It was just 1-2 months passed we came here, when I came to knew about the problems of this house. It was one night around 7.30 pm she came to my house. My husband has not arrived yet. She told me her problems. Her latest problem was that she gave a complaint to Vanitha commission against her husband and mother-in-law and some how, both people came to know about it. For the past 3 days, she was not allowed to get inside the home and they want her to take back that complaint, if she wants to stay there. :(
I was really shocked and felt sad that I can't help her any way. She asked me, whether she has done anything wrong......She also showed me some healed wounds in her hands.
I said, "definitely no". I also asked her, why she is tolerating it for past 20 years.
She is saying, she can go to her home and stay with her younger sister and family. But they make bad stories about her and brother-in-law. So, she is staying here tolerating all these. :(

Actually, I had no words to comfort her even though I want so. After sometime, she left my home and went to another person's house. Her husband was still standing at door waiting for her :(

2 days later, I heard, she take back her complaint from Vanitha commission. Was she right????? I don't think so.
So laws are there...but only a few people are making use of it.

Meera sandhu
I have not quoted my views yet, even after the discussion has already progressed to its second stage.
Abid's question is
"Does Woman get empowered by current methods? What are the practical methods of women empowerment ? "

My answer is of course yes though all are not getting its true benefits. Most ladies are unaware of many of laws provided in Indian constitution. I would like to say, they are not properly utilizing them in a better way.
Best example is my neighbour...a lady of about 40 years just opposite to my present residence. Her kids are studying in plus two or so. Both her husband and mother-in-law treat her in a bad way. Both of them even beat her and close doors against her at night and she often sleeps in the terrace. If quarrel occurs, they won't even allow her to take food from kitchen.
It was just 1-2 months passed we came here, when I came to knew about the problems of this house. It was one night around 7.30 pm she came to my house. My husband has not arrived yet. She told me her problems. Her latest problem was that she gave a complaint to Vanitha commission against her husband and mother-in-law and some how, both people came to know about it. For the past 3 days, she was not allowed to get inside the home and they want her to take back that complaint, if she wants to stay there. :(
I was really shocked and felt sad that I can't help her any way. She asked me, whether she has done anything wrong......She also showed me some healed wounds in her hands.
I said, "definitely no". I also asked her, why she is tolerating it for past 20 years.
She is saying, she can go to her home and stay with her younger sister and family. But they make bad stories about her and brother-in-law. So, she is staying here tolerating all these. :(

Actually, I had no words to comfort her even though I want so. After sometime, she left my home and went to another person's house. Her husband was still standing at door waiting for her :(

2 days later, I heard, she take back her complaint from Vanitha commission. Was she right????? I don't think so.
So laws are there...but only a few people are making use of it.

That is sad there are many more women in the country who face this from their inlaws and her husband. :(
That is the problem many women know where they have to complain about the exploitation but they fear of what will happen if they don't take any action they would further be in more mess. :(
I know one of my maid who comes to my house once she was telling her story to my wife that her husband daily beats her and takes money from her whatever she earns and spend it for his drinking.But when my wife asks why don't she complains it to POLICE she said no she don't want to lose her husband she said its difficult for a woman to live alone.She is happy staying with him even though he beats her. :(

That is sad there are many more women in the country who face this from their inlaws and her husband. :(
That is the problem many women know where they have to complain about the exploitation but they fear of what will happen if they don't take any action they would further be in more mess. :(
I know one of my maid who comes to my house once she was telling her story to my wife that her husband daily beats her and takes money from her whatever she earns and spend it for his drinking.But when my wife asks why don't she complains it to POLICE she said no she don't want to lose her husband she said its difficult for a woman to live alone.She is happy staying with him even though he beats her. :(

Of course, a very big truth.....
Men always have the feeling that she won't leave him at any stage and that she can't live alone. Many women also think so. That's why many of those laws can't be implemented properly in our country....It may be because, parents always teach their girls to tolerate everything and never return to father's home....as it's against Indian culture. Girls also have the feeling that her parents are right. Men make use of this situation in a better way and he exploits her.

But, in most case, we see women of small families...(poor families) are facing such problems most. Why is it so? Can anyone give suitable explanation???

Meera sandhu
Absolutely, that is one funny side of the market. This makes no sense while we see an advert of innerwear for men, carried, out by female in most ridiculous way. I am sure it would be the result if they used male models for displaying ladies garment’s adverts done by their male counterparts.

The reason of women models for men's as well as women's products is that men are the main earners and it is they who but the items for the whole family. Even women products are bought by men. hence, the advertisement are to please men. So, female models are used. If women become more economically strong and they take decision to buy products for family, male models would be used for even women's products. This will be to satisfy the economically strong women.

The key to most women problems is to make them economically independent and strong and also to creates more social awareness for removing gender discrimination in all walks of life- neither favoring men nor women.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]
That's right Kalyani there is always another girl standing in the queue if someone denies for the job. Present format is like there are many ads like of shaving cream too whats the meaning of showing girls in it but they show and people too like it.Consider an advertisement of fair and lovely for women but in that men are shown but again its marketing startegy and to make an advertisement more catchy. [/quote]

Its more about a little psychology here! Showing beautiful women swooning around men who shave their faces with a particular brand of shaving cream makes the men feel more confident and in a dominant role, in short they feel like a man who makes the difference, this is why most ads feature women in roles that only seem to please and appease menfolk. and since male domination is everywhere, such ads work quite well and there is no way an admaker will resort to otherwise!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.