The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]
But i think she is totally responsible for the situation in which she is in because she never asked her husband to share the household responsibility.Had she talked about this may be she would not have been in the situation she is in. [/quote]

Yes, this is very true, the women are so keyed up and psyched about their roles around house that they do not ask for or let the men share their chores around house. but, Thankfully, most men are now sharing responsibilities very well and sharing in the cooking chores and looking after children etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]
But i think she is totally responsible for the situation in which she is in because she never asked her husband to share the household responsibility.Had she talked about this may be she would not have been in the situation she is in.

Yes, this is very true, the women are so keyed up and psyched about their roles around house that they do not ask for or let the men share their chores around house. but, Thankfully, most men are now sharing responsibilities very well and sharing in the cooking chores and looking after children etc.[/quote]

Hi Kalyani i do understand it that's why i help out my wife in the household chores though i don't know cooking but i normally look after the kids while my wife does the household chores. :) My wife is not a working woman but as we have twin kids of aged 3 years so it is a problem for her to look after the kids together and i understand it so i do support her. :) But still there are people who raise their eyebrows seeing me doing the things which are supposed to be done by a woman traditionally but who cares i still do which i feel i should do let them think anything. :)
[quote]

Hi Kalyani i do understand it that's why i help out my wife in the household chores though i don't know cooking but i normally look after the kids while my wife does the household chores. :) My wife is not a working woman but as we have twin kids of aged 3 years so it is a problem for her to look after the kids together and i understand it so i do support her. :) But still there are people who raise their eyebrows seeing me doing the things which are supposed to be done by a woman traditionally but who cares i still do which i feel i should do let them think anything. :)

Hi Sanjeev I must go allover again and see the position in small towns and villages. Yes you are right I am so used to see from the specs of a Banglorian or big city people that I can not see people who act like what you have described. You see I am surrounded by people who would dare not make such activities. They simply can not afford to expect their wives to cook when they come from their jobs. They must either get an equal share or men folk must be ready to face the consequences. But yes I agree with you that this is the scenario in some places where the women have not yet known their rights. The day is not far when we all shall have to learn our lesson. I am glad for you you did it rather at the right time. You are safe. :P

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Friends,
Still we have not reached the second part of the discussion.What are the practical methods for women empowerment?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Friends,
Still we have not reached the second part of the discussion.What are the practical methods for women empowerment?

Dear Abid, I started the day with a few suggestions for the same. I think this would not be wrong to put the link here about my thoughts in this matter-
http://www.boddunan.com/people-a-places/54-Social%20Life/19168-women-have-every-right-to-stand-tall-in-the-society.html

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@Abid

As far as I understand taking practical measures lies to a great extent in the the sphere of governmental agencies and social organizations. It is clear enough from the rising graph crimes against women and unequal response of society to thesecrimes. Unless we ensure a relatively crime-free environment for our women,how can we expect them to come out and roam free to pursue their career goals towards economic empowerment and consequent emancipation. We must have separate courts for trying crimes against women.We need to have separate police stations run by women. We have to focus on their education,phsical defense,vocational training et al.
Sorry! It's a double post!
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

But i think she is totally responsible for the situation in which she is in because she never asked her husband to share the household responsibility.Had she talked about this may be she would not have been in the situation she is in.

Yes, this is very true, the women are so keyed up and psyched about their roles around house that they do not ask for or let the men share their chores around house. but, Thankfully, most men are now sharing responsibilities very well and sharing in the cooking chores and looking after children etc.

Hi Kalyani i do understand it that's why i help out my wife in the household chores though i don't know cooking but i normally look after the kids while my wife does the household chores. My wife is not a working woman but as we have twin kids of aged 3 years so it is a problem for her to look after the kids together and i understand it so i do support her. But still there are people who raise their eyebrows seeing me doing the things which are supposed to be done by a woman traditionally but who cares i still do which i feel i should do let them think anything. [/quote]

Hi Sanjeev, that's really sweet of you, I wish more and more men understand and help out their wives and mothers in the same manner. My husband too helps me a lot around the house and what's more, every morning when I am busy with cooking and other chores, he has taken full responsibility of waking my son, getting him ready for school and drops him off to school. He also helps me in cooking a little bit, as much as he can when required. I have also taught him to roll out and roast rotis should need ever arise :evil: ha ha ha. Anyway, that has made my life very very easy!

[quote]@Abid

As far as I understand taking practical measures lies to a great extent in the the sphere of governmental agencies and social organizations. It is clear enough from the rising graph crimes against women and unequal response of society to thesecrimes. Unless we ensure a relatively crime-free environment for our women,how can we expect them to come out and roam free to pursue their career goals towards economic empowerment and consequent emancipation. We must have separate courts for trying crimes against women.We need to have separate police stations run by women. We have to focus on their education,phsical defense,vocational training et al. [/quote]

@Chinmoy, I agree totally! There are actually many areas where there are special facilities or provisions made for women but lack of empathy and enforcement agencies do not let women avail those facilities peacefully. Eg., in Pune, in all the PMPML buses run by corporation, all the right hand side seats of the bus are reserved for women, but are occupied mostly by men and when the women who are standing ask them to vacate the seats, these men try to bully them and further humiliate them with snide remarks regarding equality of gender and reservation etc. Most women to avoid public embarassment choose to simply stand and travel. Even women traveling with babies in their arms, pregnant, old women are not spared. I myself have undergone this scenario whenever I had to travel with my little son. The conductor and driver of the bus do not come to the women's rescue since they could easily force the men to give up their seats, but either they choose to look the other way of they simply join in the humiliation of the woman who tries to fight against this.

Which is why I think full emancipation and empowerment of women will never be possible unless there are serious government agencies in place to ensure that the w2omen get all the facilities and help that are established for their sake.

Another important aspect that is much ignored is the lack of public sanitation facilities for women. Men's public toilets are no issue, but lack of women's toilets make life miserable for many. Especially women like police constables, traveling saleswomen etc. who have to be on their feet the whole day. Life is especially difficult for them during their monthly times when they cannot even change every few hours due to lack of clean and hygienic facilities. This gives rise to many diseases and health problems. This is a very very serious issue that should be addressed on an immediate basis.

When women are faced with so many grave issues, with threat to their life and health being the first and foremost concern, how can one think that true empowerment will become a reality??

@Kalyani

What you have portrayed is the scenario in general and it has to be kept in mind that Pune is almost a metro as far my knowledge goes. If the situation could be like this, one can form an opinion about the true situation prevailing in rural and semi-rural areas. In fact, I still can't forget the terror-stricken faces of women at bust stands in New Delhi after dusk!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.