The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]@Kalyani

What you have portrayed is the scenario in general and it has to be kept in mind that Pune is almost a metro as far my knowledge goes. If the situation could be like this, one can form an opinion about the true situation prevailing in rural and semi-rural areas. In fact, I still can't forget the terror-stricken faces of women at bust stands in New Delhi after dusk! [/quote]

You are right Chinmoy, Pune is a metropolis on the way to become a megapolis, but it is still miserable in so many aspects, until now at least it is much safer for women than in New Delhi, but it can soon turn into a nightmare in that aspect also. If conditions are like this in a city like Pune, we can safely assume that they are more or less the same everywhere!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

All OK.But why women does not respond to the over exploitation of them by media?Don't you see in advertisements for men , women are coming!In bike advertisement women are used to gather attention.Don't it make a non sense?

Now, we are living in a visual world and such advertisements are targeting the youth. That's why women are used in such ads.
Many women associations are responding to such exploitations. But it won't come into effect until women race feel they are being exploited by men and used in ads to sell their products.
About 15 years ago, when Miss.World contest was conducted in India, many of the organizations come forward to boycott that event in India. But it brought only shame to our country in front of world media. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
[quote]@Kalyani

What you have portrayed is the scenario in general and it has to be kept in mind that Pune is almost a metro as far my knowledge goes. If the situation could be like this, one can form an opinion about the true situation prevailing in rural and semi-rural areas. In fact, I still can't forget the terror-stricken faces of women at bust stands in New Delhi after dusk!

You are right Chinmoy, Pune is a metropolis on the way to become a megapolis, but it is still miserable in so many aspects, until now at least it is much safer for women than in New Delhi, but it can soon turn into a nightmare in that aspect also. If conditions are like this in a city like Pune, we can safely assume that they are more or less the same everywhere![/quote]

That's right New Delhi is not a safer place for a woman alone at night anymore.We have seen lot of instances in Delhi against a woman at night :unsure :angry: .And its true i live in Delhi i too have observed it during late evening people just kill a lonely woman if she is alone they don't even hesitate to comment absurd things recently it has been difficult for women to travell in late hours from work place to home. :(

Government needa to take some measures and reinforced them so that people should not pass those dirty comments.

Moreover there should be some agency which should be more active during the late hours who can monitor more on those people. :)

Personally i always think those women who frequently come to home in late hours must learn how to defense themselves when stuck in any adverse situation.

Recently i saw in Crime petrol how a girl was raped when she was coming back from work place to home from Dwarka as only mistake she did is taken lift from an unknown person.I think that incident would not have happened if she did not took lift from that man.May be this awareness itself among women can avoid many such bad incidents. :)
The biggest offence against women is rape particularly gang rape. The latest event is gang rape of a bar employee in Haryana.

While there is need to change the mindset that stigmatizes the raped woman rather than the man, very strict measures must be taken to prevent such inhuman crime. One way is to immediately seize the vehicle and other things used in crime. Mostly, rape is in moving car. In such cases, vehicle should be immediately seized and ultimately confiscated. Driving licence and pass port of the offenders should also be similarly seized.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Sanjeev..
Some days before I saw such a case in TV.
Two familes, neighbours so close.....The girl treats that boy as her elder brother.....so do her family.
After some celebration, her family send her along with that boy to her home.... i.e. The boy dropped her.
But when the parents returned, they saw her dead body, she was rapped and killed by that boy, whom she calls 'Bhayya'. Till now, the parents feel guilty of themselves that they have send her along with a person, whom they believe most.
Now...even persons who are very close can't be believed.

What to say more? Perhaps Abid knows about 3-4 cases reported in our 100% literacy state. I am really feeling ashamed to tell so.
In all these cases.....the crime was done by none other than father himself and all girls are below 15.
So, girls are not secure in her family itself.

Let me quote one of them happened just before 3 months. Father left mother of a girl when she was below 5 years old. He returned just 5 months before, after 10-15 years. Not only did he molest her, but also give her to his elder brother and his son.
One case reported from Thiruvananthapuram before 6 months.....girl is just 12 years or so. Her mother knows everything. But she kept quiet till that girl was admitted to government hospital after some days.
How many similar cases reported.......in the past few years!

So, a girl has to be vigilant not only from strangers, but also from her own family members.

Meera sandhu
@Sanjeev..
Some days before I saw such a case in TV.
Two familes, neighbours so close.....The girl treats that boy as her elder brother.....so do her family.
After some celebration, her family send her along with that boy to her home.... i.e. The boy dropped her.
But when the parents returned, they saw her dead body, she was rapped and killed by that boy, whom she calls 'Bhayya'. Till now, the parents feel guilty of themselves that they have send her along with a person, whom they believe most.
Now...even persons who are very close can't be believed.

What to say more? Perhaps Abid knows about 3-4 cases reported in our 100% literacy state. I am really feeling ashamed to tell so.
In all these cases.....the crime was done by none other than father himself and all girls are below 15.
So, girls are not secure in her family itself.

Let me quote one of them happened just before 3 months. Father left mother of a girl when she was below 5 years old. He returned just 5 months before, after 10-15 years. Not only did he molest her, but also give her to his elder brother and his son.
One case reported from Thiruvananthapuram before 6 months.....girl is just 12 years or so. Her mother knows everything. But she kept quiet till that girl was admitted to government hospital after some days.
How many similar cases reported.......in the past few years!

So, a girl has to be vigilant not only from strangers, but also from her own family members.

Rape in own family by brother or even father is most heinous. The family is liable to up bring children. Possibly, the girls are helpless to protect themselves. In such cases, neighbors and women organization need be more vigilant and active. Rape by step father is more likely. There need be special cell in police to monitor such cases and protect the helpless girls.

The biggest offence against women is rape particularly gang rape. The latest event is gang rape of a bar employee in Haryana.

While there is need to change the mindset that stigmatizes the raped woman rather than the man, very strict measures must be taken to prevent such inhuman crime. One way is to immediately seize the vehicle and other things used in crime. Mostly, rape is in moving car. In such cases, vehicle should be immediately seized and ultimately confiscated. Driving licence and pass port of the offenders should also be similarly seized.

Yes i too heard of it today in the news but one thing which always come to my mind are we really modern these days that the girl was working as a bar attender? :unsure: .No the answer from my side too and i will say that we have modernised our self but our thinking is still what we had 25 years back. :(

I know this time too people will blame a girl and will say what the hell she was doing late night and there is always a risk when a girl does a job like this which she was doing :evil: and again they will forget about a situation of a girl which she now is going through after being gang raped by 6 people. :evil: :(

Yes i too heard of it today in the news but one thing which always come to my mind are we really modern these days that the girl was working as a bar attender? :unsure: .No the answer from my side too and i will say that we have modernised our self but our thinking is still what we had 25 years back. :(

I know this time too people will blame a girl and will say what the hell she was doing late night and there is always a risk when a girl does a job like this which she was doing :evil: and again they will forget about a situation of a girl which she now is going through after being gang raped by 6 people. :evil: :(

Personally, I believe that if a prostitute has fundamental and basic right to protection against rape. There is no sense in saying that a girl working in pub or club has less right to dignity. Recently, an Anglo Indian woman was similarly gang raped in a moving four wheeler. even the chief Minister commented what she was doing late night and why she went to club and drink there.

Women organization have a big role. They must fight for justice for all women- housewives, working women and even call girls and prostitutes. The names of offenders should be publicized, their vehicles, driving license and passports confiscated.

@Gulshanji

Perhaps you were referring to the incident which took place in Kolkata and I made pointed to reference to that in one of my articles and the most shocking aspect of this incident was that the chief minister herself being a woman tried to gloss it over. It was through the determined efforts of another lady officer who heads the crime branch that people could know the truth!
Whenever an incident of rape is reported, the initial fingers are all raised against the woman, what the hell was she doing where the rape took place? Why was she out at night instead of being safely at home? etc etc. etc. Does it mean that a woman has no right to be alone somewhere during the late hours, forget that she may just be trying to earn decent money for her family, her own aspirations to be something in life that has made her work at those hours, even if she does want to go to a bar and have a drink, why is she being judged of being a loose character?/ :angry: :angry: :angry: and who are the judges of her character? those same men who keep their wives locked at homes and are out to ogle and leer at other women who happen to be conveniently just there for them to grope and if possible, rape?

Regarding the recent incident in Kolkata, Mamata Banerjee has simply gone down in my eyes, previously I held her in high esteem, now I just doubt whether she really aspires to raise women's status like she actually claims to!

We have had enough moral policing supposedly under the garb of protecting a woman's chastity, let women do their own policing and make their own choices. When a man can be allowed to indulge in whatever pleasures he wants to, just to prove his manhood, why cannot a woman simply choose to go to a bar or wear whatever clothes she wants without inviting attacks on her modesty! There has to be a stop to this and unless there is a fully dedicated women's police organization, it cannot happen!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.