The topic is locked.
Hello Friends, back with another topic and hope it will be a super hit!

This week's question is inspired by a movie I saw yesterday 'The Mothman Prophecies' supposed to be based on a true incident, and also on series of 'X-Files'

For those who don't know these movies, a short update, these are based on experiences of some people who claim they have seen otherworldly creatures with supernatural powers, something like a ghost or a spirit.

So the question is,

Do supernatural beings exist? If so where do you think they come from?
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6609]}

Please note this is supposed to be a pure abstract and fun topic and not in way trying to promote superstitious beliefs. So restrict your answers as such.

The usual rules apply, in short, your answers must be relevant and original, no copy-paste from other sites allowed, although you may make use of available information in Google. No spamming please.

The winner gets INR 50 plus 50 bonus points, the runner-up INR 25 plus 50 bonus points, and all participants who post minimum THREE valid replies also get 50 points. But please note, anyone posting merely nice information shared, thank you and only repeating others' posts will not be considered and will not be eligible for 50 points as well.

A request to all, please read this post thoroughly and carefully and also others' replies before posting your reply. Thank you! All the best!
0048.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No i don't beleive on super natural powers at all. :)

And those who claim that they have seen ghosts i don't how they say it may be they must have seen the ghosts. :laugh:

I once went to BALAJI MEHNDIPUR to see ghosts on people but i could not find any real person who's having it. :evil: And those who were claiming that they have looked as if they were just acting to gain attraction from the people. :evil:
Thank you said by: Santhanu Suresh
Thanks Kalyani for the debatable topic on Supernatural

As far as my belief goes, I believe that the world and the religions have divided the supernatural beings into two: the good and the evil.

Generally the 'good' beings are the ones that are considered as helpful or guards the humans from accidents while the 'bad' beings are considered to cause trouble and havoc.

I have personally experienced the 'Good' many a times as preventing me from accidents. I do not know about the 'bad' beings, they could be demons or ghosts?

Swetha Shenoy
I have watched a movie 'The blessed child' and it was good in terms of art. There are many movies such as 'the grudge series', 'scary movie' etc which are also considered as good in terms of art.

There has been many series on Television like 'Ghost hunters' on AXN that threw light on existence of the supernatural beings.

I somehow find it difficult to believe the existence of the 'bad' beings, but i do believe that the good ones exists.

Swetha Shenoy
Thanks Kalyani for the debatable topic on Supernatural

As far as my belief goes, I believe that the world and the religions have divided the supernatural beings into two: the good and the evil.

Generally the 'good' beings are the ones that are considered as helpful or guards the humans from accidents while the 'bad' beings are considered to cause trouble and havoc.

I have personally experienced the 'Good' many a times as preventing me from accidents. I do not know about the 'bad' beings, they could be demons or ghosts?

But i feel the "Good things" which happen with us is God who does it :) .May be you can say it a super natural power then. :)

But personally i too never had an experience of feeling/seeing ghosts though i have heard many instances from people that they saw a ghost in real. :laugh: I beleive on the things which i see not which i hear. :)
In my opinion I do sometimes believe on supernatural powers but not completely as i havent yet seen any of them. But have experienced their presence in my own life.

And as heard by my grandma, that when a body is not burried then its soul exists in the world.

a.s.
I do believe in such things. As i believe that if bad is there then good is also there. If fire is there then water is there. So In the same manner, if God is there then Ghost is also there. But never has such experience and i heard alot of stories about it and but i experienced few things but not exactly with ghost. I feel it may be due to ghost. I used to work in a company and we used to have lunch at the top flour then few of the people said that there are few ghosts beside building. After hearing this news, i used to get lot of ghosts picture in the website which ever i open in the office.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

i have such incidents in my life when i was in 12 standard, after my birth day my health constantly started becoming bad and that time a maulana and even a pandit told my mother that its due to some bad spirits or other things like that and he gave me a "tabeej" to wear in my hands for life time and since from that time im wearing it as he told that if she will remove it she can even die.and now when in anger sometimes i remove it then really bad things happen with me.even once i met an accident but was safe a truck hit my auto and my auto turned but due to some good people nothing happened to me.

a.s.
Very complicate question but interesting indeed. :)

I agree with swetha that good thing are visible to all of us in some way or other.
Though there is no complete proof that supernatural things exists, depending on the concept - Both good and bad rule this world.. we can consider that they too exist.
Hi Kalyani- Look I do not want to interfere with the people's faith regarding supernatural, ghost, good or bad souls wandering all around to help or harm people in general, or particular. For me this is all belief of a person that works the way he or she wants to imagine things. In Case if I want to trust that a good soul helped my cause, it's perfectly all right for me or otherwise, BUT LET ME SAY this is all matter of trust and upbringing only.
My wife would say to my child who was a toddler then, 'hey don't go there the cat will come', I always stopped her saying that she would think that a cat is some thing that can only harm us nothing else. Now my child is big enough and she does not know what fear is, at least not that can make her afraid if she is walking in dark which most people think that a ghost would come and catch them.
I have nothing to believe that there exists any thing, which we can put in to that category. This is all what we want to trust.
Now about that movie you mentioned, I have seen many such movies from Hollywood to Bollywood and from Tollywood to Kollywood, but not because I have any thing that makes me feel horrified or trust them, just for the sake of curiosity that's all. Nothing much
The movie you mentioned is based on experiences of couples 50 years back whom though they saw some thing like that.
I wish to repeat that despite I do not wish to contradict trust and belief of many of us, I am not in the category of 'ayes' in this matter.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Everyone have their own beliefs. If people experience such supernatural things then they will be in deep belief and some people who atheist then wont believe even supernatural power. This is the main reason.Most of the people get frighted and belief through movies. Movies are the main source which make us know and afraid of such power

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.