The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Many critisizes that government job is for lazy persons and its selection criteria is just certificate verification and formal interview.

I strongly oppose those views.I am an employee.I had very less works in my position but being wish to do something I co-operate to all works going on in my college.It include social activities of NSS, Invigilation duties of exams, accompanying students to somewhere etc.If I wish I may sit idle in my position and receive salary at the end of month.So I think those who wish to work , have many works to perform.Will any one in private sector will do extra work without additional payment?

Regarding selection also , jobs are got after passing through a tough competative exam.You just look civil service exams.Is it easy to go through its various stages?Is that interview a formal one?

Only some class 4 posts have formal interview.Candidates to all other posts are selected after tight competition.I myself had gone through many interviews to government jobs.I don't have the opinion that private interview is an easy one.It must be tough because all those who do not get government job compete there.So selection procedure also will be tough.

Any how government job is preferred over private job.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid is correct. Nobody can be paid without work- private or govt. One must be hard working and increase his skill, wherever he is. I think the best way is to increase qualifications and skill. One should try all opportunities. The best job is I.A.S., next Army, after that multinationals. If one gets job neither in Govt or multinationals or big companies, he has to settle with small companies. The main thing is that you get job according to your talent and get adequate income and job satisfaction accordingly.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]Lohit seth wrote:
[quote]
you are saying about pension in government jobs. you know from where a government employee get his pension. From starting of his job to last year of his job, government cut some amount of money from his salary of every month. And in last that person get pension from this money which got cut from starting to last.

About tension point, i think more tension in government sector, Prices are rising high and high, private jobs provides you financially free service not government job. Less salary in government jobs make you to take loans and loans which will give you more tension.

[/quote]

You are absolutely wrong.The pension plan you told above is not the existing one in central or government jobs.I had heard contributory pension.There employee will deposit an amount and company will deposit the same and on retirement you will be paid from it.No employee in my state Kerala (State and central employees)undergoes the salary cutting for pension.Where does it exist?

Regarding tension, private job is more tensile.It is not predictable the mood of our boss if we makes mistake repeatedly.Even we may not be able to take a leave to relax from that state.But in Govt job your boss will be a friend of you.You can work quietly clearing your doubts.

You told about price hikes.You know there is one allowance called dearness allowance declared by government in every six months after reviewing the price index.Yesterday centre had decided to give 8% of basic pay as DA.With this the total DA will rise to 35%.Will any private sector do this?[/quote]

Abid i am also saying same. my words are different but mean is same. you are saying about contributory pension. I was saying government or private sector our some part of salary is cut and deposited to pension fund. I knew in this pension plan same amount of money our company also adds. Its the known point. So I think now you will get understand my point. But the pension plan is in both. Its your wish in private sector that you can take some different types of pension plans.
soubhagya das wrote:
[quote]Santosh Now days Government jobs has also lot of pressure.My father is a bank manager but he has to fill all his target I have seen he is now going to his big clients( account holder) to sell LIC policies because his bank has a tied up with LIc and branch manager has to fill that target.
CAn you imagine that situation.

Now pressure is every where thats why Government job employees are also taking VRS[/quote]

Yes i am agree with you sir. Pressure is according to the position of job. Pressure is not according to sector even it is government or private.
Lohit- We should not fear pressure or tension if we wish a successful career- private or government. we must increase our skill, work smart and give results. In a Govt job also, one may feel secure but he also cannot be very successful if he does not work well. Best security is your performance. Main thing is your aptitude and interest. The govt sector cannot give employment to all. so, we have to seek employment in all possible places. Some will be employed in Govt, others in private. You get higher status and security in govt. and more money in private sector big companies and multinationals.

Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]Many critisizes that government job is for lazy persons and its selection criteria is just certificate verification and formal interview.

I strongly oppose those views.I am an employee.I had very less works in my position but being wish to do something I co-operate to all works going on in my college.It include social activities of NSS, Invigilation duties of exams, accompanying students to somewhere etc.If I wish I may sit idle in my position and receive salary at the end of month.So I think those who wish to work , have many works to perform.Will any one in private sector will do extra work without additional payment?

Regarding selection also , jobs are got after passing through a tough competative exam.You just look civil service exams.Is it easy to go through its various stages?Is that interview a formal one?

Only some class 4 posts have formal interview.Candidates to all other posts are selected after tight competition.I myself had gone through many interviews to government jobs.I don't have the opinion that private interview is an easy one.It must be tough because all those who do not get government job compete there.So selection procedure also will be tough.

Any how government job is preferred over private job.[/quote]

After reading all these words abid, i just wanna say remember always " EXCEPTION IS EVERY WHERE ". Its mean we can say something is can be maximum or minimum. So my words lazy is not for all government employees, but in maximum selection ways government selection way and private job selection way is so tough. I know you cleared the tough exam. But in government sector, if 100 jobs are there, then some for SC, BC and some for general. The main problem is reservation system. I got AIEEE Rank 9909 and my friend Sahil got AIEEE rank 15000, Sahil was SC and i am general. He is a very rich guy. But he got better college and government college than me, why because he is SC. He got every semester fees deduction. And i am middle class boy always submit full fees. Government selection with reservation criteria is worst.
i dont know anything about it

Lohit- You have raised a very good point. The reservation in govt jobs is at every stage. the schedule cast/ tribes are promoted even bypassing their seniors. This results in the reserved category employees getting opportunity to boss over their ex bosses. So, many unreserved category persons get frustrated. On this reason, Private sector is better for unreserved category persons.

It is wise to have a government job as it provides a hazzle free income [less job, more freedom, etc etc..] and also it gives more security. But the now a days the private jobs are more attractive since the payment schedule is very high. What a senior IAS officer gets from the government can be earned by a manager post from some of the reputed companies. But considering job security I prefer Government jobs rather than Private ones.
Shalu Joseph wrote:
[quote]It is wise to have a government job as it provides a hazzle free income [less job, more freedom, etc etc..] and also it gives more security. But the now a days the private jobs are more attractive since the payment schedule is very high. What a senior IAS officer gets from the government can be earned by a manager post from some of the reputed companies. But considering job security I prefer Government jobs rather than Private ones.[/quote]

Shalu Joseph i am little bit not agree with your point regarding job security in private jobs. Shalu if you are working in a private company, and your are working good and company getting right profit with your work, then why company fire you. Private Company never wants to loose their experience employee.

So its depends upon your work, your work will make your security. If in government job you will not works properly, then management also can takes serious steps regarding your job.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.