The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rakesh is right
The participation is less as there is no debating point in favour or against. A member can write everything in one post. He has not to support or oppose others. In earlier group discussions, we would read others and then contradict them with own views. There is no such scope with the topic on article/ blog writing.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes Gulshan. Rather than simply opposing or suportting,we can provide useful information about writing good article.

Cool information and hot earnings @
http://bit.ly/cbOLIy
Firstly, carefully research and study your subject matter.

Think it all through very carefully, WHAT you are going to say and HOW you are going to say it.

I believe the essence of writing a good interesting article is simplicity, but with a touch (or could it be "tinge" of the unusual).

Always aim for clarity and simplicity in your writing.

How long should your article be?

In writing for newspapers or popular magazines the length is probably around 500-750 words (or one to 2 pages).

I would far rather read a 1000 word article giving information that would help me, than a breezy 3000 word article of waffle that doesn't say much at all.

Always try to put yourself in the position of the reader.

After completion, re-read your article a number of times.

Polish it up by changing words and expressions.

Ensure that your article reads quickly and easily.

Otherwise if an article is too long the reader can easily lose concentration and give up.

Examine your sentences and paragraphs carefully to ensure that the words flow smoothly.

A paragraph should deal with one idea, developed in one or more sentences that logically advances the points you are trying to make, add meaning or develop thestory you are telling (the plot).

Always try to make your meaning clear.

Ensure that your sentences are well structured and that your grammar iscorrect.

The first words of your article are of vital importance to grab yourreader's attention.

You are doing a "selling" job to entice them to read more - so make the reader want to read more.

Develop your theme logically. Carefully plan what you are going to say.

Make a list of your main points.

Then progress from one to another (logically), so that they lead to a conclusion.

For example

"...and that is why I think the resource management act is good for the local environment."
or
"and that is why I believe all accountants and actuaries should be set in concrete and used as traffic bollards"
Oops sorry accountants and actuaries!
Do you know what an actuary is?
An accountant who didn't have the personality!
An Example Of An Article

Eg: You are writing about the growing popularity of home computers.

Identify 4 or 5 main points:
say,
* cost
* who is buying them
* how they are being used
and
* implications for the future.

In a short article each of these points will be a paragraph.

In a longer article, the points will be developed.
Arrange your points logically.
You can include sub-points under each main point.
In the example on computers you may include:
* word processing
* computer games
* accounts
and
* school work.

There are three main parts of any article.
Your article should have an introduction.
This introduces the reader to the subject.
Then the main body of the article which comprises most of an article.
This then leads logically to a final deduction or conclusion.
This is essentially a summary of all the main points mentioned before.

I believe the key to writing good articles lies in good PLANNING.
Collecting your material and thinking clearly.
Spend a quiet time thinking before you even set pen to paper.
Ask for inspiration.

Your article should answer the five questions of a very inquisitive person:
WHO
WHAT
WHERE
HOW
and
WHEN

I've just remembered I used to drive my dad 'dilly' with those questions when I was a kid.
"Inquisitive little bugger!"

As I mentioned, the title and your first words are of vital importance to grab your reader's attention.
Make them want to read more.
Develop your theme step by step - it's like building a wall brick by brick.
Plan what you are going to say, and how you are going to say it.
Make a list of your main points.
Then elaborate on them.
Progress logically, naturally and smoothly from one to another, so that they lead to a conclusion.

I'm repeating myself, not out of senility... but for effect.
Also saves me the trouble of even more editing!
Have a strong summary to round off your article.
If you know exactly how you are going to end off , the more easily you will shape the article as a whole.
It's like starting off with a piece of clay then moulding and shaping it.
You are adding your personal touch, a bit of your personality, your individual thoughts and creativity to the sculpture of life.
It is a bittle bit of the real you coming out - a little of you and your unique "work of art" is being expressed to the world.

PRESENTATION

Not one of my strong points, but here are a few points to help you...hopefully!
# Present your work on A4 size paper.*
# Type on one side of the page only.
# Use "double space" between lines.
# Leave a margin of at least 1 inch (25cm) each side, top and bottom.
# Have a Title Page with the name of the writer on it. Makes you feel quite proud of your 'little effort'!
# Use a Header with the Title, Your Name and Page No.

Much easier writing for the www and being published on the net. No chopping down trees, so the "greenies" must be very happy.

OTHER POINTERS
I firmly believe writing articles should be entertaining as well as informative. I aim for that in my writing STYLE.
Don't be too impersonal - put in little anecdotes about yourself.
Also don't be afraid to express personal opinions on issues.
(I must learn to keep quiet at times!)
So why not start writing that article.
You may even see that article published.
Seeing my first article in print gave me a big thrill.
Now use your creative imagination to the fullest and happy writing. Perhaps I may even see your name in print.
Good luck and happy writing.

As the ancient Chinese proverb said so wisely...
The journey of a thousand miles begins with ...
a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.

Article writing can be both a hobby and a good source of income. It is therapeutic as well as it fattens your wallet. If you love to write, likes to see your name published, or needs exposure, then maybe you have to start the ball rolling. Here are the tips on how to write article:

Think

Think about what your subject matter would be all about. It should be something you are interested in to or what many are interested in to. If you have decided what your article is going to be, start thinking on how to write your article in different dimension. For example, if you have decided to write an article for a certain place, think about its extraordinary features rather than those what people commonly know about the place.

Title

This is one of the most important parts of your article. It should be catchy and self-explanatory. Also create a title that speaks for the scope and limitation of your write-up. Some writers make the title first while others do it last. Whichever way, it should give readers the exact idea of what your article is all about.

Question and Answer

Build some questions that you might like to answer and make these queries as the foundation of your ideas in writing your article. This is another way of drawing the scope and limitation of your article to avoid writing unnecessary materials. Every sentence you write should be significant and relative to your subject matter.

Write your article

Now that you know what to write, start writing a draft before writing it online. If you want a good quality article, do not write it swiftly. If you would run out of words or ideas, leave your article unfinished and go back writing if ideas pop out of your mind. You do not need to be the most prolific in order to write a good article, but at least it should be something you can be proud of!

Edit your article

Review and rewrite your article if you think you need to. No writer has ever written something they think is enough (at least) without going through the process of rewriting some few words and sentences. It is during this part that more ideas pop out of your mind that you just could not stop writing!

Let someone read your writing

Ask someone to read and criticize your article before publishing it. It is always good to ask for the opinion of others. Encourage the person to criticize your article and make the most out of that criticism. It's always for your own improvement. After doing some changes, finalize your article and submit it!

5 tips on how to write a good article:

1. attention grabbing headline.
It doesn’t matter how well written your article is unless you have an eye-catching topic name. Most of the time, when people are looking for information on the Internet, they tend to click on the catchy or ‘inviting’ headlines instead of the boring and the mundane topic names.

2. simplify your words.
It is also important to remember that people who surf the intern et come from various backgrounds and are usually looking for some information or the other. So in order to reach out to a wider base of readers, you must try to use simple words that are easy for everyone to read and understand rather than use big words that would confuse readers. Also, when catering to a wider audience, it’s important to stay away from technical terms. For example, “PLR articles” maybe a common term for an Internet Marketer, but it is something that an accountant will know nothing about.

3. use short sentences and paragraphs.
When surfing the web, the attention span of most people is reduced to 9 seconds, equivalent to that of a goldfish! In other words, people tend to be a lot more impatient when reading from a screen as compared to reading from a book. This is why it’s important to keep your sentences and paragraphs short, simple and to-the-point. Another way to keep your readers attention would be to use a lot of bulleted points.

4. make your article conversational.
The best way to make your article likable is to break the ice with your readers by using conversational language. To put it simply, try to use the sort of language you are likely to use on an everyday basis. This should make your article feel more personable and your readers will take personal interest in your article because they feel you’re talking directly to them.

5. infuse your personality into the article.
When writing an article, try to inject some of your personality into it as well. For instance, you could mention if you had any personal experience related to the article or if you particularly like something related to your content. You may even slip in a light joke or two to entertain the reader as long as it is funny and goes in sync with your article. Whatever you do, the basic idea is to let the reader know that there is an actual human person who has written the article. Doing so will eventually lead to forge a relationship with your prospects.

To conclude, there are always different approaches to different cases and though you may be able to use all the above mentioned tips in some cases, you can only use one or two of the techniques in most cases. And I am sure you will learn more about how to write a good article as you go along.

i think in this month many people will perticipate in this contest because all are staying free in the summer holydays
Rakesh- when there is a debatable point, we can write many posts be way of answering to others. Nut in absence of debating point or controversy, it is enough to write one post only.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The author should not deviate from the topic and he should not contradict himself in his own views. Otherwise It will reduce the credibility of the article.

Author should keep away from using slang and colloquial terms in the article.
Because those terms are not the part of standard language. Everybody can not understand these terms. Hence it will limit the communication. Reader may not get the exact idea what an author wants to convey.

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
i had given a suitable reply for this

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.