The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Actually, that daughter in law is treating them good only because they give her that 'daughter degree'.

Actually, many times, problems occur in adjustments which may result in old age homes of parents, if son hears his wife more

Meera sandhu
Actually, that daughter in law is treating them good only because they give her that 'daughter degree'.

Actually, many times, problems occur in adjustments which may result in old age homes of parents, if son hears his wife more

Yes relationship is more important.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I have already mentioned about the mentality of the people living in India who send their parents to oldage homes, just to get rid of their responsibilities. These people not only avoid their parents, they also deprive them of their rights, exploit and insult them. Thus government has introduced a new act, "The maintenance and welfare of parents and senior citizens Act 2007".

Many children don't help their parents monetarily even though they have good source of income. In order to protect the rights of the parents, section 125 c & d has been made. Many of us either not aware of this law or we just don't want to file case against our children. We keep quiet and simply go to the oldage home. According to this law, son/sons is/are liable to pay 50% of their salary to their parents compulsorily. If couples have only daughter and she has good source of income, she becomes liable under section 125 c & d.

All these activities are against human rights. We the Indians have increased the number of oldage homes. We should now change our mind. It is time for our parents to live a joyful happy life.

Oldage homes are meant only for those people who has no means to live . On the other hand, if someone has home, family, good source of income, there is no question of staying in oldage homes. Oldage homes are made for those people who are alone and without money.
In U.S.A. and Canada, senior citizens' health is better than their Indian counterparts. Culture being different, they live separate from their children. In old age homes, the senior citizens enjoy indoor games. Being of same age, the senior citizens give good company to each other. They also go for picnic and visit malls travelling in vehicles specially for their use.

Every senior citizen in Canada gets pension. I know of one friend of my late father. He gets pension in India as well as in Canada. Hence, he spends some time in Canada and some in India.

The concept of old age home in India is not in tune with Indian culture and traditions. Here this is only last option.

In USA if u see the oldage homes, they are luxurious apartment with all the amenities in the apartment. The nurses are well mannered, polite and always smiling, willing to do any work for those old people. When I saw that old age home I was stunned . The old people enjoyed their life there. They get all the respect which they expect from others and thats y they njoy being there.
I hope our country also provides such facility so that the old people can live their life lively at the last moment.

If we work hard, we can also make our home as luxurious as that of USA oldage homes.
In U.S.A. and Canada, senior citizens' health is better than their Indian counterparts. Culture being different, they live separate from their children. In old age homes, the senior citizens enjoy indoor games. Being of same age, the senior citizens give good company to each other. They also go for picnic and visit malls travelling in vehicles specially for their use.

Every senior citizen in Canada gets pension. I know of one friend of my late father. He gets pension in India as well as in Canada. Hence, he spends some time in Canada and some in India.

The concept of old age home in India is not in tune with Indian culture and traditions. Here this is only last option.

In USA if u see the oldage homes, they are luxurious apartment with all the amenities in the apartment. The nurses are well mannered, polite and always smiling, willing to do any work for those old people. When I saw that old age home I was stunned . The old people enjoyed their life there. They get all the respect which they expect from others and thats y they njoy being there.
I hope our country also provides such facility so that the old people can live their life lively at the last moment.

If we work hard, we can also make our home as luxurious as that of USA oldage homes.

Yes we can surely make the oldage homes luxurious only if we all take the pain to work for it honestly. Most of the organisations in India work on corruptions, all the donations are not utilized for the right cause and hence we find lack of luxury for such poor old people.

Yes we can surely make the oldage homes luxurious only if we all take the pain to work for it honestly. Most of the organisations in India work on corruptions, all the donations are not utilized for the right cause and hence we find lack of luxury for such poor old people.

I have a suggestion. The working men may contribute to a fund for old age. A part of the fund may go to provide old age homes and facilities therein. The contributors to this fund will be entitled to use facilities in old age homes.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

When I think about old people or small children I feel that both need care...In case of small children if we don't take proper care it may effect their future...While that's not the case of old people as most of them need a support and presence of people so that they don't feel depressed or lonely...
It's quiet common to be depressed or lonely in old age as our mind mostly thinks about past rather than present or future...So they need diversion from such type of thinking...

Old age home may create such atmosphere where old people indulge themselves in various activities with others, provided if the old age home is not looking for its own profits...

I too agree with @gulshan that if both the couples are busy then old age home is the only good option left.. while its not good to leave them alone if they are facing some serious health problems as emotion support is needed..
Normally old age homes can never give that emotional support...though they can give 24 hours support for nursing...

There is negative and positive aspects too...

Old age homes by themselves may not provide emotional support. These should not be considered as a dumping place for the aged. Children should remain in contact with their parents in such old age homes. They should periodically visit them and talk on phone. Sending aged to old age home should be like sending children to hostel.

Yes that's what i am stating in my statement above...Children should always try their best to not leave parents alone... but in some situation they don't have any options left.. However even then they should take time to call and be in contact as they do for their children in hostel..
I think this is more joy for us to go to old-age homes and try to be with such inmates who have no one to look after them. This makes them forget some of their sorrows and gives them a soothing effect.
Our group of friends has made it a point to go to a particular old-age home in our area where we visit often with small gifts like fruits and sweets and talk to them. We have even taken them out for sight seeing etc. in groups to nearby picnic spots.
The look of joy on their faces gives us a satisfaction beyond any description. They have become like our family members. I wish some more friends would join in our mission soon. I know this does cost us some money but when we see the happiness on their faces, the feeling is heavenly.

I agree with you on this and it really gives lot of satisfaction when we bring smiles on their faces...I thank you for doing such a great work....Actually I saw some sad faces in my childhood who were cheated by their children as well as old age home... :(

At that time I only felt why people don't care about old aged people at all... they are humans too and have struggled though out their life for their children... Society should do something for them...

I have a suggestion. The working men may contribute to a fund for old age. A part of the fund may go to provide old age homes and facilities therein. The contributors to this fund will be entitled to use facilities in old age homes.

Yes its good but only people with decent income can contribute..not others...
I want to conclude my discussion on this topic
Old age homes are not always a permanent address for aged people..if the relationship between parents and children is good and not mean..

Depending on the situation people should make it a last option for putting their aged parents in old age home. While admitting in a old age home they should also understand whether their parents are comfortable in leaving them and staying there( most cases its always negative). If the amenities, security and other things are good then only they should think about admitted them.. Calling and being in contact is needed as this gives emotional support which is needed in old age.

Also society should also take it as responsibility and help aged people who are homeless, by raising funds and providing shelter for them...
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.