The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In U.S.A. and Canada, senior citizens' health is better than their Indian counterparts. Culture being different, they live separate from their children. In old age homes, the senior citizens enjoy indoor games. Being of same age, the senior citizens give good company to each other. They also go for picnic and visit malls travelling in vehicles specially for their use.

Every senior citizen in Canada gets pension. I know of one friend of my late father. He gets pension in India as well as in Canada. Hence, he spends some time in Canada and some in India.

The concept of old age home in India is not in tune with Indian culture and traditions. Here this is only last option.

In USA if u see the oldage homes, they are luxurious apartment with all the amenities in the apartment. The nurses are well mannered, polite and always smiling, willing to do any work for those old people. When I saw that old age home I was stunned . The old people enjoyed their life there. They get all the respect which they expect from others and thats y they njoy being there.
I hope our country also provides such facility so that the old people can live their life lively at the last moment.

If we work hard, we can also make our home as luxurious as that of USA oldage homes.

Yes we can surely make the oldage homes luxurious only if we all take the pain to work for it honestly. Most of the organisations in India work on corruptions, all the donations are not utilized for the right cause and hence we find lack of luxury for such poor old people.

I have a suggestion. The working men may contribute to a fund for old age. A part of the fund may go to provide old age homes and facilities therein. The contributors to this fund will be entitled to use facilities in old age homes.

Yes its good but only people with decent income can contribute..not others...

I agree. This contribution should also be like other schemes as group health, pension plan etc. contribution must be according to income.

To conclude, It is best that the senior citizens stay with their families. Old age home is not a desirable option but this is not totally unavoidable as many need this. Old age Home should not be a dumping ground for aged but may be considered as a hostel for the old at par with school children's hostel. Families should be in touch with senior citizens even if they must live in old age homes and periodically visit them and also invite to family functions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In U.S.A. and Canada, senior citizens' health is better than their Indian counterparts. Culture being different, they live separate from their children. In old age homes, the senior citizens enjoy indoor games. Being of same age, the senior citizens give good company to each other. They also go for picnic and visit malls travelling in vehicles specially for their use.

Every senior citizen in Canada gets pension. I know of one friend of my late father. He gets pension in India as well as in Canada. Hence, he spends some time in Canada and some in India.

The concept of old age home in India is not in tune with Indian culture and traditions. Here this is only last option.

In USA if u see the oldage homes, they are luxurious apartment with all the amenities in the apartment. The nurses are well mannered, polite and always smiling, willing to do any work for those old people. When I saw that old age home I was stunned . The old people enjoyed their life there. They get all the respect which they expect from others and thats y they njoy being there.
I hope our country also provides such facility so that the old people can live their life lively at the last moment.

If we work hard, we can also make our home as luxurious as that of USA oldage homes.

Yes we can surely make the oldage homes luxurious only if we all take the pain to work for it honestly. Most of the organisations in India work on corruptions, all the donations are not utilized for the right cause and hence we find lack of luxury for such poor old people.

I have a suggestion. The working men may contribute to a fund for old age. A part of the fund may go to provide old age homes and facilities therein. The contributors to this fund will be entitled to use facilities in old age homes.

Yes its good but only people with decent income can contribute..not others...

I agree. This contribution should also be like other schemes as group health, pension plan etc. contribution must be according to income.

To conclude, It is best that the senior citizens stay with their families. Old age home is not a desirable option but this is not totally unavoidable as many need this. Old age Home should not be a dumping ground for aged but may be considered as a hostel for the old at par with school children's hostel. Families should be in touch with senior citizens even if they must live in old age homes and periodically visit them and also invite to family functions.

i also agree with your conclusion sir.
Yet I feel, if kids are there, it's the duty of them to look after their parents. When parents have given the whole life to their kids just in the expectation that they will be near at their old age, just a little love, care and kindness showered, kids should give it in return. After all, their kids learn from them. Isn't it?

Also, i agree ... if we are earning a good amount, we can give a small amount to such old age homes. Even paying them a visit and spending with them a few time, even if they are not ours...is really a great thing. It is not less than money or any help.

Also, laws need to be strictly implemented so that no parent will lose his home in his old age.

Also, i am appealing to every person who read this post....."Never think that if we send our parents to an old age home with some money given, all our duties are completed"
Actually, real duties of children starts when their parents reach old age. Isn't it????

Meera sandhu
Nice discussion here and learned many things from this thread.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I agree with Sandhya.
I don't mean to make oldage homes luxurious. I meant to make our home luxurious.
The best place for old age people or senior citizen is their home (sweet home) and not the oldage homes.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Now also, I am repeating......as Gandhiji told...let it be the aim of every citizen here to abolish old age homes. Such a thought inside everyone's mind itself can reduce the number of refugees in old homes. Isn't it?????????

And let us name it as 'orphanage of old people' or something else...which means...it's the home of people who are real orphans

Meera sandhu
You know there is a park called Dada dadi park in mumbai.There all old people go and enjoy and also share their feelings. They remain happy and we should increase this type of park.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It has been told that if you are old , poor and alone , you have very little choice..the only help comes in the form of an old age home run by government agency.
In India privately run old age homes are quite expensive.I was surprised when I heard at one of the old age homes that they charge anywhere between 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per person ,more surprised when I heard that they had a waiting list of more than 40 ! :ohmy: They are adding on more buildings and also staff since there is constant demand for accommodation.There are all kinds of people living there - a retired ayurvedic doctor and his wife ,even a government official ,retired teachers and so on.They have a prayer hall, a community hall where they all gather after an early dinner and either watch TV or play some indoor games.There is a small library as well.There are days when the ladies join together and cook giving the staff a holiday .The management also organises some excursions and tours for the residents. It is quite a happy and well looked after place and definitely better than an unhappy home atmosphere where the parents are not cared for or respected....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So we are, we are trying to add two more homes for people who are willing to stay in comfort and carefree atmosphere. You know we provide every facility that a lodging house may provide on share basis of course. We charge Rs 2k from every person for a person staying in two bedded room. This is inclusive of boarding lodging and usage of facilities provided by us. In case they are a pair then the charges are Rs3500/ for two. Most of the cost comes from contribution by industrialists who pay regularly. We have 35 rooms in present, which we intend to extend up to 100 soon.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Just to bring it on top! today's the last day for discussion so please post in your conclusions asap!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Old age homes this is common place to find the old people in this homes. As due to busy life the people are not caring their parents. For this they are sending them to the old age homes.

They are forgetting one thing as they grow older they also must stay in oldage homes. But this old age homes is also a benefit for the old people. They will be taken care by the care takers.

Due to this one they loose the love of their children and find the real love in care takers. They will find many friends like them. Some of them live happily due to this happiness they will die.

I am hater of the old age homes our parents are the creators of us. When we are small they had taken care of us like a glass but what the people doing in the old age they are also like a glass which are ready to break so we must take care of them.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.