Hi All,

This week we are starting the contest bit late so we would continue the discussion for the next week as well.

Every one of us starting our life as a student learning many things. But the real challenge starts when we are searching for the right job and in that process we will face many exams, interviews or even group discussions. The success comes when we put our full effort heart-fully.

So let us discuss this week about the ways that we can attend the interview so that we can get success. Every one has their own success story which would helpful to many others if we put our experiences, views and suggestions on how to attend the interviews.

Those who did not attend any interview till date, they can still express their views about how they would attend if they are given a chance.

So guys, let us start writing about our experiences, views and suggestions on how to get success with the interviews.

All the best.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Whare to submit the entries for this contest?
TODAY TIPS FOR INTERVIEW

1.Do not tell a lie or exaggerate about anything... be honest because, if they start questioning you, at one point you'll be caught.

2.Be clear and use simple language.... if you think, high level language can help you, you are wrong...... simple english with clear pronunciation impresses more...

3.Do not by-heart your answers..... they'll know even a slightest difference between by-hearted answers and casual talking.... talk casually...

4.I beg your pardon, do not ask me answers for long term goals, short term goals and strength and weakness.... because, you are the best person to answer about your self....

5.Do not get tensed... if you are not comfortable speaking in english, divert the HR himself so that he speaks in tamil...but keep this as a last resort(choice).

6.Be confident and do not tell them anything unless asked..

7.Please avoid including your objective and family background in "about yourself" column..... even avoid the marks, unless you are a academic rank holder...... wat are they going to do knowing your father's name or mother's when they are here to recruit you?

8.Practice your answers standing before mirror... but dont by-heart.....

9.Please dont contradict your own points... if you think you are cornered, better leave it there... and move on to something else......

10.For god's sake, dont argue too much even if you are right and they are wrong.... try telling your answer with a smile..

Some very common manners are,
1.Wish and smile as u enter
2.Give a firm handshake
3.Keep a steady eye contact, but dont stare at them
4.Do not sit until they offer
5.Don’t drag the chair while sitting..
6.Don’t ask for a tea or coffee even if they ask you..tell a polite "no" wih a smile
7.Keep your hands to urself, not on chair and not on table....

BE CONIFIDENT THAT YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!
BEST WISHES!
Sanket Mhaiskar wrote:
[quote]Whare to submit the entries for this contest?[/quote]

I request all the members to discuss about this topic in this forum topic only.

Also request not to use SMS language words. Please write full words and sentences when you are posting on forums. New users, please read forum rules.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Hi All,

Sorry for my delayed participation. Well for any interview I believe, one should keep following things in his/her mind:

Inerview Dress-You should avoid wearing any funky dress and try to wear something formal and professional as thats where the first impression comes from & as we all know "First impression is last impression".

Go through your CV entirely: Be prepared to answer all the Qestions asked from your CV, So be careful about what you mention in your CV.

Avoid exagerration:- Be truthful and honest in your answers. Discuss about the skills that you possess without exagerrating it.

Prepare few answers beforehand: There are few typical questions like why do want to take up this job, Why should I take you, What are you good at and what skills can you bring to this organisaton/company. You should prepare those answers beforehand so that it will be convenient for you.

Feel free to say I don't know:If you are asked something which you do not know about, feel comfortable to say Sorry I dont know about it. Giving an attempt to answer a question, you might get stuck up and may come out with something which is quite irrelevant which would look very funny on your part.

Make a balance:- Telling good things about yourself shows your confidence level but it becomes a fuss when you just keep on describing good qualities of yours. Try to make a balance by describing few of your strengths and few of your weaknesses.
I thing positive attitude and confidence is main key to get success in interview.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

I saw many people failed to answer the very first question, Tell me about yourself.

And you can expect how much they will get disturbed if they could not answer the first question properly. They may not go through the rest of the interview process properly if this happens.

I feel one must prepare beforehand and know about him, his attitude and other stuff so that he will be confident and easily attend the interview. This is just one thought. Please share your views as well.

Here this discussion is about how to attend an interview.Remember many types of interviews are going on to different types of posts at different parts of our country.They may be online interviews and personal interviews.I think this discussion is about personal interviews.

I have seven orders to those who attend a personal interview.They are -
1) Beware of your own strength and weakness ( Your resume should not be like an exaggerated story.It may invite more questions)

2) You must be prepared enough to tell about a subject or topic if you are asked to do so.So choose a topic that can be presented well

3) Always try to apply intelligence.In most interviews your way of approaching a problem is tested other than your subject knowledge.

4) Don't give an incorrect answer.If you don't know say boldly " Sorry,I don't remember ".You may ask clue, but don't ask too many clues.

5) Present your achievements proudly but politely

6) Speak clearly.Your body language,gestures and facial expressions are evaluated.

7) Two way communication between you and the interview board is essential to be successful in an interview.

As a preparation you should have a script or story board of the interview in your mind. Segmentize your study period as school days and college days and expect questions like why you chose this course ? Why not that course? How may this job change your future?What is your ambition?say about yourself etc.You should be present at the interview place at least ten minutes before to get a relaxation.

When you describe your weakness make it sure that the interview board takes it positively.In any interview never ask about the salary offerred,bonus paid,other benefits etc and also don't question the arguments of any member of the board.

There should be some manners when we enter to an interview board.

1) Ask permission to enter and wish all on entering the room.
2) Unless told ,don't sit eventhough chair is ready.When told to sit say "thanks"
3) Don't drag the chair to make unwanted sound.
4) Keep always a smile on lips .
5) Be confident and don't get tensed.
6) Keep a sharp eye and a keen ear to the interviewers.
6) Your dress code should be attractive.
(For gents:- Full sleeve shirt preferably white or light colour with dark pants,common patterned tie,professional looking belt,full socks black in colour and black leather shoe are expected.Face should be shaved and hairs should be combed well.

For ladies:- Churidar or saree , dark coloured closed shoe and natural looking make up are preferred.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Preparing for an Interview

1.get up early on day of interview .Be prepared to face the interview on the previous day only.Don't prepare on that day.
2.Have your ablutions.Take a hair bath.apply a deodrant/scent.wear a elegant dress,while dressing prefer to formal dress mainly prefer light but not dark ones with full sleeves.wear a matching fant.if possible keep a tie.
3.have a good breakfast.wear matching shoes with washed socks.
4.start to go to the interview venue before 2hr from the time of appointment.
5.try to reach the venue atleast 1/2hr beforefrom the time of appointment.
6.if possible enquire and introduce with th awating candidates.
7.when your turn comes,go to the door and ask for permission to enter the room by knocking the door.
8.after 5 seconds enter ,wish the interview panel.
8.after their consent sit in the chair and be straight.
9.don't tell any lies and speak with a good accent.
10.answer the questions smiply.and reveal that you dont know if you are unaware of any question.
11.dont cross your legs or hands .keep your palms on your lap and foot on ground.
12.after completing interview thank all the panel members and come out of the room confidently.
Guys. Here is the end of this group discussion. Sorry for low participation. However we need to decide the winner.

Here is the winner of the contest:
Abid Areacode

Congratulations.

Hooray!!!Thanks to God for making me winner in this contest which was the first contest that I participated in Boddunan.com.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.