The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gotham Balaji wrote:
[quote]

@Abid Areacode,

You said that media is mainly concentrating on Cricket which is absolutely false. If you open any news paper (not papers like THE HINDU etc where 3 or 4 pages are allocated for sports news) some regional news papers like Eenadu etc where there is only page allocated for sports column you can clearly see that the most of the page is filled with soccer with just 1/10th of the page allocating to cricket. Presently Indian cricket team is taking part in Asia Cup and there is no Indian team in Soccer world cup but higher priority is given to Soccer world cup only by the newspapers. Similarly news channels are also mainly concentrating on Soccer world cup.

[/quote]

I am from Kerala and here all the dialies are now covering world cup more than Asia Cup Cricket.It is true that Asia cup is a mosquito in front of the Mammat , the soccer world cup. But if the Asia cup was at another time we will have to see a full page story of it. All other individual performances in world level will be only a box news.As you told cat goes behind milk.But once it burnt it will not try.That should happen here.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Does any one knew the news that India lost in Under-16 World Cup Football a couple of days ago ? I knew it when one from my village was the member of this Indian team who lost to Russia in Semi Finals held in South Africa.Our under 14 team also lost in semifinals of World Cup Soccer for that age group.

So India is performing well in youth cups.All other countries care their youth team and gives excellent training.Messi,Ronaldo etc were the products of their youth team.In India this youth team will not be cared as it is in Football.On the other hand in Cricket lots of training facilities are available for emerging stars sponsored by our own government.Why this discrimination? Simply cricket is the game of money. Even a dead body will open his mouth before money.So nothing to say about lively humans.

So cricket is really hampering all the rest sports in India

Visit my blogs:

Firstly, I feel the govt. authorities needs to be very transparent in the selection of the players. Every player even Abhinav Bindra blamed the sports authority for not showing transparency in selection and also showing less concern regarding facilities to the players.

Secondly, The govt. should provide more funds for athletics and related games. Along with that there should be tournaments at national level at regular interval of time. National tournaments for athletics and related sports is very less in our country.

Thirdly, Govt. should form a committee which take care of the proper facilities of the players as it is done for Cricket.
@ Kalyani
Well said , you were spot on about how this is all turning into such a circus . This is never gonna change atleast for the next 10 years as far as I see it . The nation is full of corrupt and money minded politicians , possibly the only thing we can do is lament and crib about them and ya finally vote for them again . These actors are purely shameless btw, well sadly half of them dont even watch cricket properly and end up becoming sponsors . I still dont have a clue why Mandira body was selected to host the Cricket World Cup shows because it was so evident she has the knowledge of second standard lollipop and thumb sucking kid when it comes to cricket . I guess they thought we will all switch our channels just to see her and her half sarees. Psychos .
[quote]As you told cat goes behind milk.But once it burnt it will not try.That should happen here.[quote]
Hi Abid-Your metaphors are nice. And as you said cricket has lots of training facilities and international coaches. The Sports Authority of india needs to conecentrate on promotion of all major sports.

And sponsers pay more for cricket and so TV telecasts more of cricket. Also, youth are attracted to the money paid to cricket persons.

All these contribute to other sports taking getting in the back.
The thing is clearly that our authorities are concentrating only on money machines. JUst look to Newzeland.They were strong in Cricket.Two or three years back they are showing their presence in Hockey.Now in world cup soccer they held the defending champions Italy.There is only 23 professional football players in Newzeland.Still they qualified for world cup.How?They gave good training to those players and acheived the goal.Still they are good in cricket and Hockey also.So without hampering other sports it is possible to develop all games.But in India the cricket mania had made all blind.This addiction is to be treated first to save other sports from its extinction.

Visit my blogs:

I am agree with Abid.

There should be some more opportunity to improve other game like Govt. should make Ranji type tournament for other game like Hockey, Footbal, basketbal etc.

In school other game should be compulsory.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Hi Santosh. That is another point.. Schools can also do their bit in promoting other sports by training their wards in other sports. Nowadays, it has become a fashion for schools to boast of only a cricket team. Also, promoting all the sports at the college level and less media live coverage on cricket will also help.

As mentioned before countries like Australia, America, promote many other games beside the game they are strong in. In America, baseball has the upper place, but very less might say that baseball or basketball undermines football, which is a less popular sport in that country..

Here, very few remember the Olympic bronze medals won by Leander Paes in tennis or Karnam Malleswari in weight lifting.. but Harbhajan's hat-trick, and Virender Sehwag's highest running score will be remembered by many.
Dear Sridevi Ji

Cricket is most popular game and people get entertain by this game that is the reason they remember players performance but other game not played in India much more like cricket and do not have a level like cricket.

So All game can not come on same level it will take more time.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Well it is a good time to share this information here. how many of you knew India's Sania Nehwal stormed into the final of the Indonesian Open Super Series with a 21-9, 21-10 victory over Eriko Hirose of Japan on Saturday.

Hope no one except me. But how many knew that INDIAN cricket team won ASIA cup? Hope Everyone here.

Media is one of the factor that plays a role in improving other games.

There is no such thing that India cannot do well in other sports.

We need parents to encourage children.

Teachers and schools to encourage students.

Govt. to fund sports in schools, how many schools take their kids to swimming classes every week ? (i am not talking about private schools).

Corporates to back-up other sport events and teams.

If a team achives something they should be treated the same way as cricketers gets treated. (Look at history of hockey team)

Encourage children to participate in outdoor games instead of video games at home.

A few sugestions...list goes on...

All we want is India to be good at everything... Look at us 1.2billion people come on.. we can do better than other countries.. there is talent .. all we need is vision
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.