The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote]Between why is that when a terrorist kills 10 people our court gives him a death sentence but when someone kills 15 thousand people he gets bail for 25 thousand rupees?
i think crime committed by Warren Anderson is no less than any terrorist attack only that one killed because of ideology and other because of negligence and hunger to make money, but then he is an amreican![/quote]

Sajeetharan,

I agree that the crime is more than terroist or killer. In general the warren Anderson and group should be hanged to death so that in future no one will ever dare to negelect lives of people for money.But in this case he is not the only one...many people are involved include india justist system ..dont you think so? :unsure:

I think US support is there for Anderson but India support is not there for its citizens or victims...They just want to get rid of the victims for a good amt offered by the company...
Hence i think the victims havent recieved Justice neither peace from the incidence.
Jobin wrote:
[quote]@ sajeetharan

Its true that compensation given for the victims of bhopal tragedy is very less. Why such cases takes so much time to handle with. This time gap gives a big GAP for the culprits to make their path safe.

@ Santhosh

Compensation given for such cases are just a show off. money can't count the vaklue of money..
Though high officials says that Anderson was allowed to escape also to avoid the public issues and violence related to the tragedy. but was it just a cover for the real culprit to escape and made a way to show the weakness of indian government? a big topic to discuss..

@ rajani

Its true that this is not a case of natural disaster to just give some compensation to the victims and say that everything is over.. This was a human disaster caused because of lack in safety precautions and human care. So, punishment should be given to the persons if they are really had a hand in this.

@ sridevi

you have said that "justice delayed is justice denied" which is apt about this case.. this much delay in such cases are not appreciable.[/quote]

Jobin

Thanks for considering my opinion,Yes the people involved should be given sevear punishment so that many be other have a lesson....However victims who are suffering from mental truma can never recover back even with the money...Though money can just give some relief to handle the medical expenses of victims i is not sufficient for leading entire life with disability or sorrow...
[hide]
Jobin

Thanks for considering my opinion,Yes the people involved should be given sevear punishment so that many be other have a lesson....However victims who are suffering from mental truma can never recover back even with the money...Though money can just give some relief to handle the medical expenses of victims i is not sufficient for leading entire life with disability or sorrow...
[/hide]

@Rajani

It is correct. because he is a US citizen, he is protected by their government. Our government has no will power to demand US for the custody of andersan. Their prestige and our prestige are different.

Though Mahatma was shot to death infront of everybody, the Killer was not killed at the spot by pelting stones. We know, Ajmal Kasab was the one who involved in Bombay Tragedy, but see how the proceedural law is handling him. It may be a great joke, that he was a suicide bomber, but our law sentenced him for our extream punishment as to hang him to death. The same is the fate of Killers of Indira, Rajiv, etc.

The culprits to be awarded with maximum punishment is the desire of all nationalists. But if you are within the sphere of rule of law, then you have to to maintain equality before law and equal protection of laws.

n order to know the clear picture, you should know the real facts of the case.

After the leakage of MIC, thousands of innocents died in Police registered FIR against the person responsible under sec 304 IPC.

Sec 304 deal about Culpable Homicide not amounting to murder. Maximum punishment for the same is Life Imprisonment. The accused filed petition to quash the charge in High Court of Madhya Pradesh on ground that no ingridients of Sec 304 is attracted here. High Court refused to quash. Parties approached the Supreme Court

The question raised was whether Charge under Sec 304 is sustainable or not. Supreme Court had gone in to details and analysed the facts and circumstances. After that it is found that Sec 304 can not be charged against the Accused

But instead of quashing the whole case against the said Accused, the Supreme Court held:.

"As a result of the aforesaid discussion it is held that on the material led by the prosecution appropriate charges which are required to be framed against the concerned accused are under S.304A IPC so far as the accused Nos. 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are concerned while so far as accused Nos. 2, 6, 4 and 12 are concerned charges under S.304A read with S.35 IPC will
have to be framed.

Why should you be shame of Judiciary??
sajeetharan wrote:
[quote][hide]
Jobin

[/hide]

@Rajani

It is correct. because he is a US citizen, he is protected by their government. Our government has no will power to demand US for the custody of andersan. Their prestige and our prestige are different.

Though Mahatma was shot to death infront of everybody, the Killer was not killed at the spot by pelting stones. We know, Ajmal Kasab was the one who involved in Bombay Tragedy, but see how the proceedural law is handling him. It may be a great joke, that he was a suicide bomber, but our law sentenced him for our extream punishment as to hang him to death. The same is the fate of Killers of Indira, Rajiv, etc.

The culprits to be awarded with maximum punishment is the desire of all nationalists. But if you are within the sphere of rule of law, then you have to to maintain equality before law and equal protection of laws.

n order to know the clear picture, you should know the real facts of the case.

After the leakage of MIC, thousands of innocents died in Police registered FIR against the person responsible under sec 304 IPC.

Sec 304 deal about Culpable Homicide not amounting to murder. Maximum punishment for the same is Life Imprisonment. The accused filed petition to quash the charge in High Court of Madhya Pradesh on ground that no ingridients of Sec 304 is attracted here. High Court refused to quash. Parties approached the Supreme Court

The question raised was whether Charge under Sec 304 is sustainable or not. Supreme Court had gone in to details and analysed the facts and circumstances. After that it is found that Sec 304 can not be charged against the Accused

But instead of quashing the whole case against the said Accused, the Supreme Court held:.

"As a result of the aforesaid discussion it is held that on the material led by the prosecution appropriate charges which are required to be framed against the concerned accused are under S.304A IPC so far as the accused Nos. 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are concerned while so far as accused Nos. 2, 6, 4 and 12 are concerned charges under S.304A read with S.35 IPC will
have to be framed.

Why should you be shame of Judiciary??[/quote]

THANKS for the details of entire tragedy Sajeetharan..I just could not understand why it took so many days for the final decision of supreme court...this was why i said our Judiciary system...too involved. Nothing more than that. :huh: :)
Dear friend I got some links so we would know more about this topic.
Links are

http://www.panna.org/bhopal

http://zoomtv.smashits.com/video/15884/will-bhopal-victims-get-justice.html

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/southasia/features/article_1561357.php/Bhopal-victims-cry-injustice-vow-to-carry-on-fight-News-Feature

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

The underlying thing is that many people were made to live a handicapped life for absolutely no fault of theirs.

And the verdict coming after 25 years itself is a shame. Not to tell of the lightness of the punishment with the lame excuse that it cannot be well-defined as to who is actually responsible.
The discussions are rocking with many points coming out.Keep on friends.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@ santhosh

instead of posting those links you can share those by taking important points from that.

anyway thanks for those links

@ sridevi

Yes i agree with you. You have suggested the same point.

@all
if after investigations it's found out that whatever happened, happened due to negligence/mistake/carelessness.. ??

You drive a car, hit 10 people on footpath kill 5 of them and claim "carelessness". Logical indeed.

We can investigate. We can know about the reasons that made that car go berserk killing 10 people.

If the breaks had failed, then we can't blame the driver.
If the car GOT HIT BY SOMETHING a lost control, can't blame the driver.If the driver was drunk, high on drugs etc etc then we can punish the driver severely.

So we can INVESTIGATE and then decide LOGICALLY.

In this case of bhopal tragedy, maybe those who caused the gas to leak, may have been too casual, but, what they proved in the courts matters. If they have proved in the court that it was a mistake/little carelessness then, two years punishment is just fine. And i guess, they may have proved just that. :)
Rajani,

One point is said by you is correct.. Anderson is getting support from US government ( India is also giving indirect support) but victims are not getting real justice and support from the government.. Such a delay in case is also a vital role in giving injustice to the victims of one of the most dreaded tragedies that India has ever faced..

It is also true that money will not create a good life for the sufferers of the tragedy. But it will give some relief and it can be considered as a symbol of justice in such public issue cases.. but giving a less amount of money for just the sake of giving is not a right thing to do... punishment should be also given for the real culprit who was the cause of this tragedy.. This case shows the inefficiency of our government to deal with such cases in which foreigners are included..

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
The entire case of Bhopal Tragedy shows the inefficiency of the different bodies of our nation; not blaming a single one...

Taking this much time to just giving a punishment just for the sake of giving is not justice.. It shows that how flexible is our law system.. we say as a joke that there is a loop hole in every law of India and this case has become a perfect example.. how easily was the case was framed into a carelessness..

Get hot offers& tricks for Indians..Hurry!!
www.IndianOffer.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.