Hi All,

Here is another round of group discussion contest. To know more about this contest please visit Contest & Rewards forum.

This week's contest title is follows:
"Success is due only hard work. Luck does not make a person successful or Unsuccessful"

Please share your views and win cash rewards. Please follow group discussion manners. All the best.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Well, Success is a beautiful thing in this world which every person wants.So he works hard for his goal and as a matter of fact hard work is the key factor for his goal to be achieved but along with that there must also be some luck.But we can still say that this cannot be luck, and we can mention it as smart work.

Hardwork + Smart work = Success

Luck, really has a minor role and this luck only has a very small percentage, if we work hard and also implement our smart work in the work we are doing, to achieve our success.

Earn Money Online - Minimum Rs. 2000 from Boddunan

http://earnmoney4rminternet.blogspot.com/
my take to the topic-there are some famous quotes about luck-
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” B)

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.” ;)

These two quotes speaks volumes about what I believe about luck - be prepared always for any situation, do your work properly(in whatever way-hard,smart,creative,etc.,) then you'll find that somehow you don't seek for luck, but luck always seeks you! Hence success :laugh:

*Imagination encircles the world *
But still, whenever a person succeeds, he should have worked hard for his success and let me discuss my point of view,

1)There is no success without Hardwork

2)Luck does plays a role in our success, but is is not that, luck is always needed for a man to succeed.For example for a farmer, he can predict the weather to an extent,but he may not be accurate and may also fails due to to lack of rain.

We may say that he was not lucky.But still an experience farmer knew about the seasons and will cultivate crops according to to the season.Luck is also considered, but it is the last option, when the unexpected occurs.There is no one in this world who can win nature and so if the farmer receives rain higher then he expected, then the floods will destroy his crops and he will be regarded as an unlucky man.

So when it comes to success, luck is given the least priority as we don't have any power to control it.There is nothing in our hand to be lucky or unlucky , but we are given the strength and ability to work hard, and so lets work hard for the success and doesn't bother luck factor.

Yes I agree, but I'm not saying that luck is a factor, I'm just saying that "Luck" is something like "God"- some believe in it, some don't.

I believe that hard work alone is not a factor to achieve success.A man might be working hard,but at the end of they day, he might be left with nothing but dissatisfaction.For success you need more than hard work.So I'm saying that do what you got to do, with the right spirit, have the right attitude, good people skills, a willingness to learn, and most important of all the willingness to give.

Also when people say that someone is Lucky, it doesn't mean that some persons have always a touch of good luck.I believe there is something called a Chance, rather than luck.And successful people(-so called Luck people) always find ways to create a chance to get to success hence they get a lot of opportunity to attain success.

But hey remember,Success is not the end, but it is the beginning (of a great struggle.)

Ya Thiru, that's a valid point, and I agree that for achieving our goal we need hard work, which is the basis, and along with that,we must do the work with passion and also with interest.But at the same time we often work hard in the job which we are interested in

But still, some might work for success without any interest and whenever we want to achieve our work and taste the success we must work very hard with passion and also interest.

One cannot achieve his goal only with luck and for achieving sucess we must work hard and definity hardwork never fails.

Hi All,
Nice discussion going on..

What I found so far is, Almost every one here has a little belief for luck.

Thirukumaran Said hard work alone is not enough for success.
Krishnamutrhy I think Believes that you need a support of luck with hard work to succeed. Both believes some thing extra is needed...

But I don't understand what is LUCK.
What I feel is, When you work hard, & every things happens as expected we say its LUCK.
But then how could it be Luck, its your hard work, smart work, which resulted in our expectation.

Now next- @ Thitukumaran, Why we need something extra or something other than hard work. A hard work done in a smarter way will definitely result in a Success.

But then as per Krishnamutrhy said, why farmers fail?
Its because of Bad luck.

Now I am also confused, about what I am saying, but lets assume it in this way.

You don't need luck for success, but having a Bad luck can fail you. Like If the rain does not falls, or falls heavily, its your Bad Luck. But if it falls as per expectation & a farmer cultivates crops, you cant say he's lucky, Its his hard work.

But then what is Winning a Lottery??
Here I think one has to win it, so this time its you. Now for this, if you think you are lucky, then lets do the lottery again, most probably the result will change.

So according to me ...
Only Hard work can let you achieve taste of success.
But Hard work always does not guarantee success.
You do not require luck, or you are not lucky if you succeed, but If you failed to success the reason could be hard work at wrong place OR you had BAD LUCK.

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
Hi Amit your points are valid ...But still when we work hard without any reason, we many not succeed and we must be smart enough also in deciding the next step and that what i said in the farmer example, where we need to cultivate the crop according to weather...

But I really feel Luck is not in our hands because practically speaking,we dont work hard thinking of luck and if luck favours our hard work, we usually accept it...

So always the least priority for luck, but still we have to accept and enjoy because it is like an uninvited guest..

And at the same time we must understand that smart work has nothing to do with luck, because smart work is the key , for any hard worker to succeed.

Again I can say that Hard work which is done with interest and passion will surely result in success...

@Amit you keep contradicting yourself, you say there is no luck, but you think if you fail, it might be due to bad luck?Anyway, the little extra things apart from hard work that I talked about is not Luck, its about doing what's required when it is required.I believe in chance-opportunities and not in luck.

And I think I'm pretty sure about hard work-Hard work alone will not lead you to the path of success.

You need to create your own opportunities, for that do what you do best with the right spirit,there is also something called patience.Once if you fail, it doesn't mean you have to work harder, it means you are working towards your goal but you've something holding you back-it might be your attitude or the way you approach your problems.

I just tried to give a name to that some thing which is holding a person back....
Like in a farmer's example.. there is something(the nature playing a bad role) that is stopping the farmer from cultivating crops..
He works hard, & he will work hard, we cannot doubt his attitude or smartness here, but some thing like this stops him.. So I gave it a name BAD LUCK(can you give some other name).
And This is what i said about Failure..
For success according to me there is no such thing like LUCK.

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
Ya Amit.. I do accept your point..What i want to say is that Luck is factor that is not on our hands and a hard worker never bothers abut luck and at the same time to be practical if situation favors you some might call it as luck an we do accept those favorable situation.....And coming to the farmer example most of the times he knew very well what crops to cultivate according to the climate and we might consider this effort as smart work or knowledge gained from experience but we can't exactly predict nature and if the climatic condition disappoints him.. he is not going to be responsible for that, even though he would have worked hard....And so my point is same work hard and also be smart enough, and if addition if the conditions are favorable( so called "LUCK"), accept it and get succeed...

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.