The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@sajeetharan

[quote]Just one support for bandh and people like you have started shedding the self knowledge to the masses about the adverse effects.reason is peopel like you expect every thing to be designed in plate and served.[/quote]

You can used such language in discussion.

@jobin

[quote]Government can give subsidies or reduce tax to lessen the burden on the common people. Rather than preparing for studies or meetings, what's the benefit in conducting bharath bandh.
[/quote]

Government doesnt have much money to give in the form of subsidies i.e.,why it has increase fuel price.
@vijay

what are you trying to convey?

@ topic

as if this Bandh will reduce the prices, we have such pathetic govt which cant even listen
to aam aadmi nor to weaker opposition they know, even if diesel/petrol prices cross 100
rs mark, LPG goes beyond 500 rs, they will win the next election easily

The lorry owners association is strong enough to get the Diesel prices reduced.

we support this bandh fully as it is much needed to hinder the sleep of congress govt who is hell bent on sucking common man's blood!! i agree that violence should not take place at any cost and that the bandh should not loose one of its motives
and that is non-violence!!
Bandh and Harthals are protesting way.Agreed.But if people were allowed to open their shops and drive their vehicle freely as in an ordinary day we can see how many favours bandh and how many oppose it.Unfortunately none of our political parties dare to say it.

Also if a government vehicle run or a government office work on Harthal day stones will be showered on them.So destroying common property is a habit of bandh.Eventhough there is criminal case against this it is not heard some one had gone in Jail on this matter.The respective parties when come into force withdraws all such cases.
So bandh and Harthal are only an immediate protest and action.It will not have any long effect on the cause as well as who conducted it.But it will be prolonged in entire life if some one had got hurt during bandh and he may be an innocent one.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
The issue is not the bandh but the way people were forced to follow the bandh. If the issue was so relevant and legitimate then the people would have voluntarily joined in.

I want an answer to the following question from all those who supported the bandh

who has given the power to BJP and other parties to close down shops on the streets and all the other business activities?

This was not bandh but sabotage.

bandh against britishers = Satyagraha,
Bandh against Dongress = ILLIGAL ACT.

and it is not important who followed bandh and who declared it. motive is important. Also it is immaterial whether Congress listens to it or not. The decision is upto govt, they have seen how bandh got full support in most of the states.

Those who oppose bandh have freedom to oppose prise rise, and inflation in their way, but they are seem to justify inflation rather than suggest other way to fight with it.
Our topic of discussion is "Can the recent Bandhs bring a solution for the rise in petrol prices?" and most of the discussion had deviated.

The straight forward answer to this question even by a first standard student will be "NO".Since politicians have no other duties this is the duty.
I wish to ask whether any of these leaders cut short their journey or stop traveling in motor vehicles on account of this price hike? There is bicycle and electric bake that runs without Petroleum products.How many of them choose these vehicles after this hike.Answer will be zero.They also had now acquainted with the price hike.So I realised that all these are just a political drama only.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I agree with you abid,

As we have discussed various issues of bandh, it is the time to conclude, recent bandhs can never bring a solution for the rice in petrol price.

It is the duty of individuals:

I understand the concerns about rising prices but those who are bothered about it they should target the taxes the governments (central and states) charge. In fact Hindu editorial page just suggested that. Of course it is hard to do.

People should become more 'global' and try to understand that global oil prices are under tremendous pressures.

I ride my bike for my comfort. I should be ready to pay the price (NOT below cost, priced appropriately) the seller sells at. The same with all two-wheelers and four-wheelers owners.

The taxes are high for sure. But, they cannot be brought down to zero overnight. And, some of the taxes will have to stay, for long term incomes. But, The govt is definitely working towards reducing the taxes.

Govt should NOT dictate the pricing for petrol/diesel at least, if not kerosene and LPG. Govt should let oil marketing companies price it as per their wish (assuming they will not overprice, since it is a competitive market) and should stop this protectionism, which I guess they are slowly doing away with.

Check illegal mixing of Kerosene with Diesel. A large chunk of the problem is solved!!!

and regarding bandhs,

Due to this BANDH , only common man suffers not those who Are high profile ones.as, they are using all their vehicles, going to big hotels for day-night parties.

so this is not the solution for maintaining the price-hike or any other problems.As abid said it is a political drama by politicians.

so its a bad idea.need something constructive..young and educated people like us need to take over this politics.

Thats all my contribution to this GD.

thank you friends.
@Everyone,

Thanks for participating I will announce the results by today evening..
It was a good performance by all the members who have taken part in this GD and the winners are,

Winner: Abid Areacode
Runner: sajeetharan

Members eligible for 50 Bonus points are,
Abid Areacode
Sajeetharan
vijay
Santosh Kumar Singh
Jobin

My hearty congratulations to all the winners.
A lots and lots of congratulations to Abid and Sajeetharan..you both are really rocking the GDs..

Great work guys..Keep rocking like this..

Congrats to vijay, Jobin and Santosh too for giving them a hard competition.

Aastha Gupta
Heartiest Congratulations to all the winners!!

@Karthik, you are doing an excellent job!!! :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.