The topic is locked.
Friends, you have all been waiting for the GD to start, here it goes,

The topic for this week is as follows:

Should Women Do Night Time Jobs or Not?

Memebers who post at least three valid replies will be awarded 50 points in Group Discussion. The Replies should be in a constructive manner either opposing or supporting the topic.

The winner will be awarded Rs. 50 and the Runner-up Rs. 25 along with 50 points each.

All the best everyone, hoping to see a good participation this week.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The topic:

Should Women Do Night Time Jobs or Not?

In this present economy due to increase in outsourcing market the shift system has increased which is troublesome for anyone including women. The odd timing without proper security can be unsafe for women as well as men. It can even decline the health and create some health problem related to improper sleep and habits.

Married Women will suffer more if they have to handle home as well as job simultaneously. The most important concern that makes women to opt for day jobs is insecurity. If the company can not provide proper security anything may happen. It is already known fact through the cases of hacked, raped,murdered victims previously. This is the main cause it is beleived to be unsafe for women but in real men can also suffer.
Yes i agree with you rajani,

No Issues in working at Night time jobs, provided adequate security is provided from Home to Work Place.

No matter where ever women work, the respective organizations takes very good care of its employees within its premises. So, as long as transportation is taken care of, no need to Worry for Women working at Night. Women doing Night time jobs are perfect just as men do.(Some people may say that work in day shift but concerning about the work we need to know that the work begins only at peak hours Night time Mostly BPO). If they feel secured,It's an adverse Competition for jobs and no one would like to take a chance of leaving any job whether it is night job also. Concerning about the Security, the authorities have taken a diverse step to ensure women that they are much safer than earlier and come out of their homes backfiring they reach the home as they left. We live in 21 st century so it is not wise to say that women doing night time jobs aren't that correct.If we didn't have taken precaution about the safety of women then it may be on the other side to think about women doing night time jobs. From the past experience's about the unsafe of women being Sexually Assaulted. I don't think so we might come across insecure of woman's safety anymore. Now they need to keep an open eye though the Concern people may say that woman's are safer in their organization. If both goes hand in hand perfectly women can work apart from Day shift to Night shift.
Rajani I also agree with your fears shared.

In my view women doing night time jobs is not a matter of worry if they are brave enough.At present all the mishappens towards women comes due to the non opposing from the part of women itself.Just make a reaction those who mis behaves to you in night.Surely he will not repeat it towards another one.So if women had such a mind this is not a problem.

Now I think this is the special case of our country where women get raped and other things occured.Look to western countries where women enjoy the equal status of man in night time jobs and goes out at any time without fear!What is the reason?It is the culture that decides.Our culture had seen women an enjoyment thing and our women fertilise that thoughts through their actions.So our thoughts are to be cleared well.

In Arabian countries also once the ladies were very fearful to go out after getting dark.But now any lady can go out without a man's supportive hands at any time.The strict rules there towards such mis deeds had powered the will of ladies.

So as Rajani said if the security is the problem to do night time job I don't agree to it as it is the demerit of our law and order.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
One of the main worry for any women working at the night time may be the danger of going out at night time and may be less security in office during night time . Many women may be working at night time jobs and may have felt such problems. If their is some vehicle provided for women to come to office at night time and to leave them also the danger of going out at night time may be reduce.

If a office has to be made secured during night time for women then it will be must to keep both women and men security guards So that there will be enough security and no women will take tension while they work.
Abid i want to clarify that security is one of the reason ...which many women are concern about other problems can be solve by themselfs.

In arbaic countries strict rules and punishment may avoid in doing crimes aganist women. In western countries there are cases of women been haressed but most of them can handle the situation which is still not possible for Indian women. Maybe it will take time for them to adopt night life and overcome their fears.

Here no one can opose that women cannt do night jobs as it completely depends on their capacity and thinking..
I will add that they should be strong enough as a group to work without fear.

Finally there is no objection for women to work at night jobs if they do not have these problems.
The main problems that i think in women working at night time is, they will be sexually exploited. As in many companies, the bosses do have some kind of illegal unsocial affairs with their lower level women employees. In the past week, a boss in HP was caught sending illegal msgs to his lower level female staff.

And as others also said, it will become very difficult for the wives and also for mothers, they wont be able to care for their children when they are most needed.

Working in night in our society is considered a bit off and quite eye brow raising statement. Our society elders dont usually like their family members working at night times.
Yes Rajani,

Nowadays women are asking for equality with men.So if they are sincere with this demand surely women will have to work in all situations irrespective of time and difficulty level.

Now regarding the family life night time duty for men also affect their married life.The only thing that affect ladies in addition is that they hold the homely duties also.But in most family when women goes for night duty , gents take the home duties.So that argument is not at all valid.

Really ladies have some inferiority complex in them that they are helpless in midst of a mob.But this comes without a step of reaction.Wherever a lady is reacted towards harassment, she had got respect.So lady's mind is the matter of accepting the night jobs.

"If there is a will there is a way"

Visit my blogs:

nataraj wrote:
[quote]The main problems that i think in women working at night time is, they will be sexually exploited.

Working in night in our society is considered a bit off and quite eye brow raising statement. Our society elders dont usually like their family members working at night times.[/quote]

The sexual harassment at work places are not bounded with time.It is according to the getting of chances.So it is not an argument for leaving ladies from night jobs.

Our society's eye brow will rise when a lady goes for work at night.It is because the society follows traditional practices and customs.It hadn't changed in this modern world also.But when a lady goes in midnight in next generation it will not be a new thing as it will be the practice at that time.

Visit my blogs:

Yes we are again and again focussing on the same topic "security"

The given topic itself indicate about security issue,else i don't think there is any problem for women to work at night..MNC/Call center jobs are good examples.but be practical and avoid night job as much as possible because whether it is for Man or Women it has always adverse effect.

But, if they are permitted at home then the opportunity makes them more independent and and also a bit tough.In this century no one wants to step back if they get an opportunity to prove themselves.But they have to be in their own control .Its better if they learn some activities to protect themselves in dangerous situations.
Sajeetharan,
You are right in the sense that Man or Women night job has always adverse effect.But our topic is focussed on ladies - Should Women Do Night Time Jobs or Not?

I think there is no difference in pay perks for man and woman working in the same category.So if a man in some post has to do night jobs the woman in the same post also has to do the same job at night.A sexual discrimination in that case will not be tolerated always.

More over ladies and gentlemen knows the nature of work before applying for that post.They are agreed to abide all the rules of the post and are ready to perform the works.They get selection after their agreement.So why should be a question like this?

As Sajeetharan said if the same work is given to perform at home men and women will sit till the day begins.Then there is no problem of night or day rises.That means the security is the concern that creates problem.The only thing that can be done is that make the night as day in your mind first!Come to the work place in day time , sit the whole night in the office itself and get back home in day time again.Then there will not be any security issue from outsiders.If there is some 'night devils' in office it is to be cared!

Visit my blogs:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.