The topic is locked.
Hi Friends,
Here is the new GD open for all of you.

Topic: Fans Association - Good or Bad to Cinema Industry ?

Memebers who post at least three valid replies will be awarded 50 points in Group Discussion. The Replies should be in a constructive manner either opposing or supporting the topic.

The winner will be awarded Rs. 50 and the Runner-up Rs. 25 along with 50 points each.

Now hurry up.Have a very exciting discussion.Hope all of you would participate.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
First of all let me thank abid for choosing a excellent topic for group discussion.Hope this week's contest will be rocking with many participants! :lol:

Well the topic for this week is "Fans Association - Good or Bad to Cinema Industry ?"

Let me start with two valid reasons.

1) They do lot of charity works
2) They are required in all languages to create hype for a movie that in turn benefits producer.

The disadvantages of having them are

1) They want all the opposite actors films as flops.and try to downgrade good films internationally..
2) They want entertainers from their star and that in turn effect the quality of a movie.And superstars may fall in to some kind of image.

If fans can do creative criticism and support other actors films ( only good ones) then its worth having fans association.
I think Fans association in cinema industry is good. Mainly because:
1. As all actors and actresses have fans, so its bit guaranteed that they will surely get minimum amount of revenue which can be used to break even for the costs spent to take the movie. So that no film director or actor or others gets discouraged.
2. All officials involved with cinema are humans too, they tend to make mistakes, if fans are there they always try to encourage the officials by having much faith and confidence in them.
3. If fans weren't there, we wouldn't have got Rajni, Amitabh, Sharukh, etc.. And dont forget M.G.R the former CM of tamil nadu. Even in Hollywood, look at Arnold being governor in one of the state.
"As all actors and actresses have fans, so its bit guaranteed that they will surely get minimum amount of revenue which can be used to break even for the costs spent to take the movie. So that no film director or actor or others gets discouraged."

I do not agree with this, if you consider vijay(tamil nadu hero), who is considered to be the next superstar of tamilcinema has a huge fan following behind him and his last film "Sura" was worst flop and who had to pay rupees 10 crores to the producers.
what fans were able to do?

"If fans weren't there, we wouldn't have got Rajni, Amitabh, Sharukh, etc.. And dont forget M.G.R the former CM of tamil nadu. Even in Hollywood, look at Arnold being governor in one of the state."

Fans haven nothing to do with heroes, it was their hard work and determination. With their hard work they could achieve this feat. I accept fans are one of the support for success of heroes in their career, even some fans who changed their favorite heroes when they failed to give hit movies!
I don't fully agree with Nataraj's points that Fan's associations in cinema are good. Many times the actors exploit their fans for their personal growth and the fans are not rewarded properly for their work. Sometimes the fans are so much involved in their association work, they stop doing their personal work and their career gets affected.

Fan's association is good only if it does anything for some good cause.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Sajee wrote:
[quote]1) They do lot of charity works
2) They are required in all languages to create hype for a movie that in turn benefits producer.
[/quote]
If they are doing genuine charity work, then it is good. BUt if they are there only for he sake of name their existence is absolutely useless and pointless.

[quote]"If fans weren't there, we wouldn't have got Rajni, Amitabh, Sharukh, etc.. And dont forget M.G.R the former CM of tamil nadu. Even in Hollywood, look at Arnold being governor in one of the state."[/quote]

It is the media that creates a hype or an aura arround any celebrity, fans do not. Fans are the resulting entities that are created after the media hype.

The celebrities of the cinema industry greatly incfluence the prevalent trends everywhere. If the fans association can make use of such influence in creating positive trends then it would be a welcome benefit. Other than that, there is not much function for such associations.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

My view is that fans association is a must for any actor or actress.
1. Fans association always support the actor or actress they like even if the movie of their favourate actor or actress gets flopped.
2. They always promote the movie of their favourate actor and actress and always watch the first show of the movie.

Fans Association helps actors and actresses to make their movie popular .
Cool Boy

Those points have been already discussed by nataraj.

My view is that fans association is a must for any actor or actress.
we are not discussing about fans association is needed for actors or not. the topic is about having fans association is good or bad!

Yes you are right kalyani! If they If they are doing genuine charity work, then it is good.

I want to share one of the recent incident that happened in chennai. Everyone knows MU KA alagiri's son acted in movie called "vamsam" in tamil. This film has been released before a week. He does not deserved to be an actor. The movie is utter worst. Since he is a son of politician, the politicians give money to watch his film and there are free tickets been issued for the same. By doing that they create fake association of fans, this would end in bad way.

This is one of the incident.

I disagree any actor who acts for fans association sake'

Nowadays, many leading actors have started to act for their fans' sake. I can easily name them here, 'Ultimate Star' Ajith and 'Super Star' Rajnikanth. Mr.Ajith said that he s gonna start acting to his fans' wishes in 'pre-Billa' interview.It is well known that SSRK hav sticked to it, long time before.

"If movies came for fans sake and goes to producers pocket, do you think it is a worth movie to be a Cinema?"

whereas some of the actors uses his fans association to campaign for political parties like congress. This is such a bad thing .

now a days if a hero acts in a single movie, there will be a fan association for him on next day, this looks like a politics in cinema. Because of some fans association youth bunk their colleges and start to work for their heroes by putting banners on the roads on their birthdays. It is really sad to see some of them treat their heroes as god.
It is natural to fall in love with a celebrity's style and personality. But this is a matter of personal liking. Fans association is an attempt to deliberately push up a celebrity. Fans association is a marketing device. Such associations are not genuine.

Fans association give rise to personality cult. The fans go to the length of blindly supporting their favorite star. I witnessed the Amitabh Bachan Fans holding demonstration before Income tax offices to protest against notice sent to the super star. It is okay to love Amitabh Bachan's role in films. I do not understand the support in income tax matter.

We appreciate the cine stars for their acting and sportsmen for their sports. Any celebrity may not perform equally in all movies or tournaments. One should impartially appreciate a celebrity's performance in individual events. The fans association tend to create support for the celebrity even when the performance is below expectations. The fans association create a sort of blindness. people are disabled to impartially judge a celebrity.

I am opposed to fans associations. I favor impartially observing an actor's or sportsman's performance in each event or film.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@ Gulshan your view is right that you observe the perfomance of an actor and sportsman in each event and film but if their are no fans group then many less people will view any film as it will not be popularise.

Fans group help to popularise a particular event or film.

@Sajeetharan

My view is same that fans association is must for any celebrity .Surviving in film industry will be hard for any actor or actress if they do not have any fans association . When any one opposes a celebrity then support of fans association is must.

Friends All the popular celebrity have their fans association . One of the reason of their success and popularity goes to such fans association.
I totally disagree with Fans Association. It may be good to the film industry or the actors for whom they have fan clubs. But it is not good to the public. The youngsters are getting trapped by these fan clubs. They dont concentrate either in studies or the job which they persue which is really more important for their family and life. They waste too much of money on buying liters and liters of milk, big garlands etc..when a film is released.

The Charity work which the fans club do is really for the publicity of the hero. Do they allow the public to watch the film peacefully on the first show?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.