The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
COOL BOY wrote:
[quote]@ Gulshan your view is right that you observe the perfomance of an actor and sportsman in each event and film but if their are no fans group then many less people will view any film as it will not be popularise.

Fans group help to popularise a particular event or film.

@Sajeetharan

My view is same that fans association is must for any celebrity .Surviving in film industry will be hard for any actor or actress if they do not have any fans association . When any one opposes a celebrity then support of fans association is must.

Friends All the popular celebrity have their fans association . One of the reason of their success and popularity goes to such fans association.[/quote]

My view that fans association are a tool to promote certain films is confirmed by this post. Precisely for this reason I oppose fans association. We should promote art and good role. fans Association tend to boost a particular actor and thus discourage the new comers in film industry. Fans association is in fact a sort of restrictive trade practice. This is not in favor of genuine art promotion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar wrote

[quote]My view that fans association are a tool to promote certain films is confirmed by this post. Precisely for this reason I oppose fans association. We should promote art and good role. fans Association tend to boost a particular actor and thus discourage the new comers in film industry. Fans association is in fact a sort of restrictive trade practice. This is not in favor of genuine art promotion.[/quote]

@ Gulshan for you fans association may be a sort of restrictive trade practice but for me it is not . you wrote that fans association discourages the new comers in film industry but it is not So . when any new actor comes then his friends and relatives try the best to get some more people with them and promote films. If there are no such association formed then many films may get flop and the film Industry will suffer.
[quote]@ Gulshan your view is right that you observe the perfomance of an actor and sportsman in each event and film but if their are no fans group then many less people will view any film as it will not be popularise.[/quote]

It is not only fans who popularise any film. But yes, many times fans of certain celebrity go to theaters screening the films of their rival celebrities and scream against them putting an end to the screening. Even if the film may be a good one, people tend to keep away from such films for fear of getting caught into a riot situation.

Therefore, I am against any kind of fan association. There function is more of a selfish nature than anything constructive.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani,

Your point is good. But it happens sometimes, I do not agree what you have said!

Fans association is a good concept. But it should be just a fans association but not another-hero-anti-fans-association too. For example,Aamir fans should support Sharukh but should never go against Sharukh and vice-versa. To make a group or association for someone you love is not a bad thing.. But when they begin to hurt other's feelings, these associations become a curse.. So to have a fans association is good but memebership must be given to only those who can behave properly and have the power to tolerate their star's failure.

The current situation in the film industry is much worse. The fans are seeing their favourite actors movies alone, and they are giving negative publicity to the other actor's movies!!!! Not only do they want their actor to succeed, but they want the other one to perish as well.
Sajee wrote:
[quote]The current situation in the film industry is much worse. The fans are seeing their favourite actors movies alone, and they are giving negative publicity to the other actor's movies!!!! Not only do they want their actor to succeed, but they want the other one to perish as well. [/quote]

This is exactly why I am against any kind of fan association. The current scenario is a cut-throat scenario. The kind of competition that ensues in falling their opponent to ground does not care in any manner for the merits of the film that is being destroyed or the demerits of the film that is being promoted. The really good actors and actresses do not get any kind of further career advances due to this. Whereas an actor who was once a good actor has now reached his prime and is on a dowanward journey but still keeps at the top in spite of dismal performances just because of teh fan assciations. This is just not done.

COOL BOY wrote:
[quote]@ Gulshan your view is right that you observe the perfomance of an actor and sportsman in each event and film but if their are no fans group then many less people will view any film as it will not be popularise.

Fans group help to popularise a particular event or film.

@Sajeetharan

My view is same that fans association is must for any celebrity .Surviving in film industry will be hard for any actor or actress if they do not have any fans association . When any one opposes a celebrity then support of fans association is must.

Friends All the popular celebrity have their fans association . One of the reason of their success and popularity goes to such fans association.[/quote]

The fans group tend to popularize a particular even or film as commented above. This clearly shows that the fans are not genuine. If you are intereste3d in good cinema, you will relish performance and not a particular actor. Amitabh bachan has more fan clubs. Dharmendra also gave excellent performance in sholey, shalimaar and many other movies. But he has less publicity and less fan club and thus his performance is not so much appreciated. Real lovers of cinema will not join any so called fan club but evaluate performance impartially. an actor may perform well in one film but not in another. Fans club will be blind to this and support the particular star in all circumstances. The Amitabh bachan Fans club even held demonstration before Income Tax offices throughout India to protest against notice issued to Amitabh bachan. This shows the vicious role of so called fan clubs. We should appreciate art and not form groups in name of so called fan clubs.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The actors and actress take advantage of these fan clubs. They are very much interested in minting money.They have a great guts that their fan clubs would somehow promote the film. No matter whether the movie has a theme or not. How many of the fan clubs participate in solving real time problems in our country?.How many of the actors have guts to give a open statement on real time issues?. Most of the time they keep their mouth shut or give a statement which will take years for us to understand. Distributing notebooks and blood donation is not the only service which is needed for the country.

Recently i saw an advertisement in TV for promoting JOS ALUKAS. I dont understand whether the advertisement is for promoting vijay or JOS ALUKAS. The advertisement was so funny. I strongly consider that the present actors dont seserve to have fan clubs.
@ Nagalakshmi you are saying that present actors dont deserve fan clubs why it so. Do you think they lack in acting skills then the actors of old time.
Friends why you are not considering the thing that if fan clubs dont promote the films of their favourate actor and actress and many films get flop then there will be less films made and entertainment we get by watching lot of movies will reduce. In todays world people are very busy with their schedule and they watch very less films and mostly they watch those films about which they come to know through others.
Cool BOy wrote:
[quote]Friends why you are not considering the thing that if fan clubs dont promote the films of their favourate actor and actress and many films get flop then there will be less films made and entertainment we get by watching lot of movies will reduce. In todays world people are very busy with their schedule and they watch very less films and mostly they watch those films about which they come to know through others. [/quote]

I do not agree with you on this. If fan clubs cease to exist, there will less number of films is not true. It is only in the recent years that such fan clubs have come into being. Before that there were still films being made and that too of good quality.

Because of such fan clubs the celebrities start becoming arrogant and think that they are above everyone else. What happened in Salman Khan's case??? He killed people, living human beings just like you and me!! But has he paid for his crimes? No, because he still enjoys stardom thanks to his fans!! :angry:

Kalyani wrote

[quote]I do not agree with you on this. If fan clubs cease to exist, there will less number of films is not true. It is only in the recent years that such fan clubs have come into being. Before that there were still films being made and that too of good quality.

Because of such fan clubs the celebrities start becoming arrogant and think that they are above everyone else. What happened in Salman Khan's case??? He killed people, living human beings just like you and me!! But has he paid for his crimes? No, because he still enjoys stardom thanks to his fans!! [/quote]

@Kalyani

How can you think that fan clubs make celebrities arrogant . May be success and money makes any one arrogant. Fans clubs just help to promote the films everything is not in their hand.It is the success the celebrities get due to their acting skills which may make such celebrities arrogant.

In any field if one does not have support of friends and fans success is not possible. Such fan clubs always motivate the celebrities to work hard.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.