The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Cool Boy wrote:
[quote]In any field if one does not have support of friends and fans success is not possible. Such fan clubs always motivate the celebrities to work hard. [/quote]

In ideal situations, I agree with you Cool Boy, that should be just the nature and function of the Fan clubs. But unfortunately and sadly, in today's world, it is not true. In coms instances it may have helped build someone's career, but not always so. Again, it is seen that fan clubs belong to only the successful and powerful stars and not the young upcoming ones.

Case of Amitabh Bacchan's fan club holding demonstrations against the authorities when he was asked to pay the defaulted income tax along with fine is one. But did these fans joined any of the rescue efforts when calamatiies struck India? Is that all they can do? Raise their voices against some so-called injustice done to their idols?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Fan clubs are centered around celebrity stars and divert our minds from art to Hero. I never bother much about cast in a movies. If I find that the theme is good and the movie has nice features, I shall see the film. The first films of Navin Nischal and Rekha were also nice. If I went by fan club, i would not enjoy those films. Hindi Film star Raj Kumar performed better than many better known stars. Deva Nand was considered an ever green hero. Dilip Kumar got the title- tragedy King not without reasons. These stars got popularity because of their talent and not fan clubs. Personality cult is as bad in art as in politics. Incidentally, Fan clubs add politics to movies. This is very disgusting.
Let us not create groups in name of stars. A film is team work. Fan clubs just underplay team work and concentrate on a particular star. Let us recall sholey. Amitabh bachan, Dharmendra, Sanjiv Kumar, Amjad Khan- all these performed exceedingly well. The fan club would just worship one hero and ignore others.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Advantages.

1. Some good actors have the association and they are servicing it for Aged home to look after them.

2. Some actors using it for social works like Mr Laurence.
He is looking after Orphanages.

3.Actors should not aim to his future life. in political area.

4. They have to concentrate on such activities.

5. Taking care of a school and its developments.

Dis advantages:

1. The Fans association is not good. Because the actors have no command and control on their association.

2. Then they will try to become a politician .

3. No value for actor because fans are only to become a politial member, using the actor's famous.

I will agree that, Fans associations are good. for society.

Chant Hare krishna and be happy!!
I am also a fan of my favourite actor.But there lies some difference.I try to understand a person,nature,behaviour,etc.& then I proceed further.In case of my favourite actor also,I began to like him only when I have seen and talked to him personally.If a person is different from what we see onscreen, we should not favour him / her.I am writing such things because it is fans who follow the guidelines laid by their celebrities. If they see them doing some kind of social work, fans also starts participating in such social works.There are many more examples relating to that.
However, I would say that celebrities or filmstarts are the mirrors of our society.They show us the good or bad existing in our world.Therefore, whatever they do becomes a news.People follow them on mass basis. Thus there must be an association of fans but they should work for possitive reasons.Association of Fans is nothing but a small organisation which can make impact in our society.However, the responsibility also lies on our celebrities to show them the right path.
Gulshan wrote:
[quote]Fan clubs are centered around celebrity stars and divert our minds from art to Hero. I never bother much about cast in a movies. If I find that the theme is good and the movie has nice features, I shall see the film. The first films of Navin Nischal and Rekha were also nice. If I went by fan club, i would not enjoy those films. Hindi Film star Raj Kumar performed better than many better known stars. Deva Nand was considered an ever green hero. Dilip Kumar got the title- tragedy King not without reasons. These stars got popularity because of their talent and not fan clubs. Personality cult is as bad in art as in politics. Incidentally, Fan clubs add politics to movies. This is very disgusting.
Let us not create groups in name of stars. A film is team work. Fan clubs just underplay team work and concentrate on a particular star. Let us recall sholey. Amitabh bachan, Dharmendra, Sanjiv Kumar, Amjad Khan- all these performed exceedingly well. The fan club would just worship one hero and ignore others[/quote]

This is so true Gulshan. You have very nicely explained the situation. Because of not paying attention to the cinema or the content itself and focusing only on the actors and actresses, many good cinemas have not done well. Whereas movies with the same content that is repeatedly used, the same masala-type song-and-dance sequences and gross, below-the-belt type of comedy do well only because of the cast.

Mathi wrote:[quote]I will agree that, Fans associations are good. for society. [/quote]

Only if such fan associations are able to provide some kind of employment and means to healthy sustenance of livelihood to crazy, unemployed fans, only then can it be called good for the society.

Some of us are having the same view as of mine that fans association are good for society and they are must for celebrities.

I will like to tell the various benefits of fans association from my point of view.

1. If some one is a crazy fan of some celebrity then he may be able to meet the celebrity he likes after joining the fans club as often the celebrities like to meet the people who are their supporters and always support them.

2. Fans association helps people to know about the new movies through their promotion campaigns.

3. Fans association help to make a good film achieve popularity and success.

4.Fans association may do some good activities for the benefits of the society.

For any celebrity having fans association is must to survive in the competitive world and thats why celebrities also take care of their fans association.
Yes. The Fans association if do all that things as help to public. But taking care of Aged home and Orphanages this is also a good and help to public.

Because as a charity they can get tax relaxation also.

If government provide for such things then Actors are ready to do such helps to public.

Cool BOY WROTE:

[quote]4.Fans association may do some good activities for the benefits of the society.[/quote]

I have never heard nor read any such thing about even a single club of numerous fan clubs that exist. can you cite a few examples of it?

so If Government support them, they are willing to do more good things through association. But government is waiting for them, to join with us and to get poll result. so the actors also loose their confidence and demotivate by politicians. If they are not supporting with ruled party, then they agr torturing by customs raid and etc...

So people also must support to the good association.

So now a days its looks like a mini political parties.

The Association leader should be a leaders,to encourage the association.

Still this Old actors Associations are doing well to society and public.

Like blood donation, Awareness etc etc..

So this is good for society.

I think I am bit late here... :( Well let me post my entry too... :)

Fans Association.... This is the Group formed on the behalf of the craze and interest for a achieved popular person or celebrity.
This might be present in any field of art or science.
For Example:
Tendulkar's Fans Association : For cricket fans, in particular Tendulakar.
Rajani's Fans Association : For the movies fans, in particular Rajani Kanth.
Students Association, like ISA.
Caste Community Associations.

There are many advantages and disadvantages also associated with these "FANS ASSOCIATION"
ADVANTAGES:
1. Good opportunity to carry out many social welfare activities under this association.
2. Voluntary camps would be conducted for the welfare of mankind, like Blood Donation camps.
3. Charity programs would be possible; which would be very feasible to donate for the needy, like charity to Tsunami effected people.
4. These associations would help in circulating the latest news about the celebrity of this association.

DISADVANTAGES

There are some disadvantages also associated with Fan Clubs. Here are some.
1. These may be waste of time and money when the association is not at all active.
2. These associations can be misused by politicians inorder to create hartals strikes; for their party benefits with vested interests.
3. There may be presence of any illegal activities carrying out under the mask of Association.

FACTORS TO LOOK INTO
There are many issues to be looked into regarding the "Fan's Association"
1. Government should issue some sort of approval for these Associations as "Genuine Associations" inorder to avoid the disadvantages associated.
2. People should look at the association's values and aspirations before joining it.
3. The associations should be running under the guidance of the celebrity; or should be intimate with the celebrity about all the welfare works going on.

So in my view, The "Fan's Association" is good for the society, if they were approved and having good aspirations.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.