The topic is locked.
Hello everyone, a new topic for this week's GD contest!

The topic has been suggested by Rajani and considering the current flood situation in Northern India and drought situation in other parts, I think a it is a good subject for discussion.

How well is India prepared for facing natural disasters?

As usual the winner will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 50 and the Runner-up Rs. 25 along with 50 points each.

All participants who post at least three valid replies will be awarded 50 points in the Group Discussion. The Replies should be in a constructive manner either opposing or supporting the topic.

See link for more information and rules of the contest:
http://www.boddunan.com/forums/3-contests-a-rewards/3854-introducing-the-new-contest-group-discussio

All the best everyone and happy discussion! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks for given importance to my suggested topic Kalyani..
All the best
Well, this topic is entirely different from what we have seen in previous week's. Thanks for the suggestion rajani!

The topic is "How well is India prepared for facing natural disasters?"

Its all natural phenomena; It happens; Our survival depends on how we outsmart these sort of things.

Natural disasters are beyond the control of mankind. The point comes to my mind regarding india's preparation in this issue is We got loan from WB in july to check our natural disaster and what we donate $5million to pakistan, we are great you see starve our own and feed the neighbours seems to the policy.

we should expect the unexpected and think about the people affected not just the politicians alone.what helps are,

proper city planning,
proper drainage facilities
disaster management team
warning about forecasts.
swift action.
Why no one is interested ? Or this thread left unnoticed? Common guys post your values!
I am really pained to see no one is interested in serious discussions! This topic should have attracted many responses!

Once again its been proved that all people are interested in is talks about superficial things!!! :dry: :huh: :unsure: :blink: :angry:

Not only Northern states, Western and Southern regions of India have also been receiving enough of rainfall this monsoon. Gujarat, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Kerala are the few states that have been lucky to get the pretty much sufficient annual rainfall. On the other hand, various districts of West Bengal are in a situation that the next thing we could imagine there is ‘famine’. : :dry:

Is not it quite disappointing on part of the Eastern states to be cursed with less than necessary rainfall, while the Northern and Western states are witnessing one of the best monsoon in the last five years?
The deficiency in rainfall is of course going to have a greater impact on the economy of these states. Or, better to say they have already been facing drought-like situation, which definitely spells into famine. Take the example of West Bengal. The state comprises of eighteen districts and out of that eleven have already been hit by drought. Being a major rice producing state of India, West Bengal requires a lot of rainfall, but the cursed monsoon (for the state) is quite an irony! :laugh:

It is quite unlikely that the Northeaster region of India has received more than normal rainfall before the monsoon hit. It was almost a flood-stuck situation, but at the time when the states need rainfall the most, it is lacking it badly! It is also unlikely that there is such a great disparity of rainfall in the same country. :dry:

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
Most of the people in our country follow Wait and See approach . So it's not only the politicians but even the common man itself. Disaster management has only a contingency plan that is implemented when the flood is ready to arrive or has already arrived. :(
Having a disaster management policy and it being implemented that involves educating children and training them as part of curriculum itself can be helpful in long run. Having training programs in offices and colleges and conducting mock drills on dealing with disasters can also be implemented
India is in a crucial situation that it has scored the position of 11th among the topmost countries that is facing natural disaster.We do'nt need the sympathy of other countries,what we need urgently is thier help.The farmers are really facing a hard life in this disaster environment.The increased rate of floods ,earthquakes,epidemics, and storms had made a great decrease in the overall poopulation
[quote].We do'nt need the sympathy of other countries,what we need urgently is thier help.[/quote]

Your views are good Gopika, but I figure we really do not need outside help. There are unimaginable hordes hard cash in India itself and when we can donate over 5 million dollars to Pakistan, it just seems pointless to take money from others to give to a third party!

Yes we don't need help in financial terms from others but we do need guidance and management lessons. We can share the best practices with other countries since we are still far behind in managing disasters even now. We start panicking and all our media channels are focussed on covering the disasters. We haven't ever seen any demonstration of what safety equipment is required in the event of a disaster and how people should deal in such circumstances. What safety measures should be taken etc.
As Per This topic, I want to say that India has the power to face these kind of disasters but the lazy workers of India which are getting paid for arrangements regarding these disasters are reason of loss during natural disasters.

India is one the country which is very strong in economic power. India can face these kind of disasters, we need full arrangements, but the curruption, greediness.. these are the two main problems..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.