The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
OK Rajani,

I agreed. Do you think those signed agreement will have any value before court? It is just to make people a sense that we had signed and approaching court in this regard will not have any value.Actually they are making their side clear.Do they know whether we are putting the correct sign or not?If you had signed like me will it be acceptable.So they had their ways to escape and we had our ways to escape.

Regarding the case you narrated above there is severe negligence from patient side also.Why they didn't ask its necessity first?After happening something rising the question is not at all relevant.

So if patient is vigilant doctors will not play more and will be more vigilant also.It is the duty of ourselves to care and be careful about our patients rather than a doctor or nurse.Then only they also will be more careful.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
@Chinmoy,

So as I told you had experienced the difference between the two generation doctors.In fact the old doctors were not greedy.Now money is the king to determine any thing and hence people seek it by any cost.So this doctors had got the best chance to earn it easily.Money has one more peculiarity - it will never satisfy a human being as enough , but will say some more some more ...Even the luxurious man in the world still open some new ventures to collect more.So how can we expect good experience from them?

Visit my blogs:

@Abid

That's precisely the point we have been discussing at length.Deviation or departure from the correct path has caused this sense alienation.Earlier a silent trust used to guide this sacred relations between the two.We hear reports of violence being committed against doctors by the members of the victim's family that's a very disturbing trend as however passionately we crticize the wrong practices of some,doctors are indispensable in any society.But the present situation is sole created by the despicably greedy minded and inhuman members of this profession and if the situation has to be set right the prominent members who have unblemished records have to lead this war against misguided fellow travellers of this medical community.I remember a proverb 'before we seek respect,be respectable'.I am sure if doctors make a small beginning they would get back the honour,love and gratitude of millions of people like me which they commanded even a few decades back!
Abid
I completely agree with you the problem is also there from patient's side and even court will analyze the case as it is clear case of improper dignosis and treatment..But i am talking in common, some cases are unsolvable and mostly doctor can escape easily compared to patient...And i am giving all this explanation to tell you that only in some cases the doctors are clearly punished for doing misdeeds...and as said by other they can escape easily...

But if we compare such cases with foreign medical system it is some what complete different as the doctors have to prove themseleves that they are not guilty...which is really impossible sometimes...and punishment is really severe...so they never neglect or be disloyal to their profession..

I also agree with @ chinmoy previous comments of corruption of premium organization and also know that olden days were quiet good for patients when compared to today's medical system...And want to conclude that doctor's now-a-days,are misusing their profession due to many factors or needs..And proper system both in medical education and profession can avoid this..
Friends,
It is clear that the present generation doctors are entirely different from the past generation of doctors.That is why we are frequently hearing the news of hospital attacks and others.Earlier it was very very rare.This is a combined effect.

First of all doctors exploit the patients to its maximum.So if he fails to save the patient even after it definitely patient's men will be angry.

Secondly the mental attitude of humans had totally changed.The mercy,kindness and tolerance etc has no place in present society.All had their own business and have an attitude that if I pays for something I should get its full result.It may be possible in some cases while in some others there is a chance of 50-50 or less than it.

As Rajani told we cannot compare our system with foreign practices.Their culture is entirely different.They are born and brought up in that way.So they will have some more responsibilities and care.But our situation is like this.We are born and brought up through these situations and naturally our response will be in that way.

Visit my blogs:

Now the time to close the discussion is fast approaching. Let me sum up the discussion points:
The discussion is on two questions:
(a) Is medical profession a business or tool to earn money?
(b) Should a doctor be punished severely for negligence in treating a patient.

I have mentioned many malpractices in the medical profession for which drastic punishment is required. But the issue is more about negligence rather than outright fraudulent practices about which there can be no dispute.

Regarding first point, I am to express in the affirmative. The medical profession has become a business and a tool to earn money. Every business and profession is for earning money. But medical profession is a noble profession and all concerned are required to maintain high standards of morality and professional ethics. Unfortunately, this is not so. The doctors are doing everything including collusion with laboratories, chemists, hospitals to fleece the patients.

The second point is about punishment for negligence. I opine that only gross negligence is punishable. Honest error of judgment about treatment and mistake in diagnosis are condonable. However, the expert committee of medical experts should decide the extent of negligence and punishment.

I conclude my discussion with above.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Dear friends, it's time to record my pleasure to interact with all of you in understanding the various facets of the problem and give my concluding views on the matter.I think all we have covered almost all the aspects of the problem.But before I conclude I must make a mention of the tragedy of Dr.Kunal Saha who lost his beloved wife Anuradha Saha in 1998 when they came to vist their home and she died of a skin infection and I am not going into the details of the case which reached even the Apex court.It's landmark case on medical negligence.It's very interesting in the sense that this charge of medical negligence came from a doctor himself and another aspect is after spending a few crores he is still waiting for justice which gives us an idea of the power of the wrong-doing doctors in India!I won't try your patience any further but would only emphasize that doctors need to revisit the ideals incorporated in the Hippocratic oath which is administered to them.While a scrupulous,dutiful and humane doctor is an asset to be treasured,an unscruplulous,greedy doctor is a blot on our society and has to dealt with accordingly.This is the message the forum sends to them.On conclusion I thank you all and reproduce the modern version of the Hippocratic Oath.

"I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help."
I also wish to conclude my discussion.The topic was -

Has medical profession become a business or tool to earn money? And should a doctor be punished severely for negligence in treating a patient?

Due to the present attitude of society the medical profession had totally changed to a money earning profession.In busy mood of earning maximum amount they are negligent towards the life of patients.So if the case is proved that the mishap is due to pure negligence severe punishment is required.If it occurs as a human mistake, whatever be the degree of loss it should be tolerated by patient's party.So my sincere request to the medical authority is that medical profession should not be made 'a garland in the hands of a monkey'

Thanks friends for exhibiting a very very active GD in this week.

Visit my blogs:

Thank you all for your views. The discussion is closed for this week.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.