The topic is locked.
Dear Friends,

A new topic for this week's GD contest!

Nowadays with more and more women working outside home in full-fledged and demanding careers, it is nothing new that even very small infants and toddlers are kept the entire day in a daycare facility! I have floated this topic just to discuss the pros and cons of such a practice!

Is it okay for women to entrust their young children in a daycare facility and focus on their own career?

As usual the winner will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 50 and the Runner-up Rs. 25 along with 50 points each.

All participants who post at least three valid replies will be awarded 50 points in the Group Discussion. The Replies should be in a constructive manner either opposing or supporting the topic.

See link for more information and rules of the contest:
www.boddunan.com/forums/3-contests-a-rew...test-group-discussio

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Undoubtedly, kids need personal care of their mothers. It is also beyond doubt that career seeking moms have difficulty in devoting whole time to child. These days, it is necessary for both spouses to engage in job.

It may be argued that a woman may wait for a few years till child is a little grown up. But this is not feasible as career needs continuity and waiting till child gets a little grown up may render her overage and unfit for job.

The remedy lies in striking a balance between need for child care and job. The parents may avail of day care facility but should not leave the child entirely to the mercy of the child care center. The parents should occasionally visit the day care center and ensure that the child is well cared.

The couples living in joint family may not feel so much of difficulty. Other family members like baby's aunt, grandmother, uncles, aunts would also give a helping hand.

There is facility of maternity leave in many establishments. This may be availed as far as permissible.

Briefly speaking, child care is a matter that depends on individual circumstances. It is not advisable to ignore career prospects. The father of the child can also lend helping hand. Other family embers in joint family may also help. If absolutely necessary, day care facility should be availed with precautions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Well, a good topic of current society had been chosen for discussion.

According to me it is not a good practice to keep this young child and toddlers in day care for job sake.As Gulshan said waiting for few years to get the child grown may not be possible at the present situation.But delivery may be planned according to our job situation and others for which the parents are to be ready first!!

I had seen a baby lower than one year age was there in a day care centre near to me.A new born baby requires to be breast fed during the first two years.How will this baby get it?Can it be fed all that it lost during night?No.Also the warmth of a mother gives a pleasure and an unexplainable releif to a child.Once lost it will never come back.

I think the result of old age blooming is also due to the revenge of such children to their parents.

So there should be a minimum age above which day care can be allowed.As the government allows 6 months maternity leave one more 6 month without pay can be afforded for the sake of their own baby which is not considered by any of the parents today.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Why no participation ?

Today Daycare centres are also blooming in every nook and corner of the country.I think it is due to the change in mind of the society.Today none has time to spare for others.Children are not exempted from this.MAn has become more selfish.He has no time to look after his/her own child.So it is exploited by some as a business.We will see more drastic results of this practice in near future.

Visit my blogs:

I agree with Abid that parents are now very selfish and they do not wish to personally care even fore babies. As regards breast feeding, there is a trend against this among ultra modern women. Even if they are unemployed, they will not breast feed. They are more concerned with beauty and body maintenance.

I agree that maternity leave plus some more leave without pay may be availed for child care.

But career is also important. The service of day care center cannot be totally eliminated. But the parents should exercise some precautions. They must devote some time to child and also check that child is well looked after in the day care center. The mothers can even during course of duty visit the day care center at least for some time and breast feed the child.

We cannot also ignore duty of father of babies. Dependence on day care center can be curtailed if both parents share the job of child care. When both spouses are employed, the duty of child care should also be shared by them instead of burdening the mom fully.

You cannot trust to the day care facility department but mother do have to trust to earn for their living. Mother's care to their new born child is very important . Some mother do understand this but for earning they have to keep their own child in day care facility department. But according to me it shouldn't be done until its more and more necessary. Mothers need to think that for the new-born baby her's love and caring is very much important. Mother is the only one who can give her child everything which a new-born needs at the initial stage of the baby's life.

Want to make each day Accountable

As Gulshan said mothers should care their child eventhough they are left in day care centres when they get an interval.I think a good remedy for this is establishment of day care or child care centres under the expense of the company itself.If all companies provide such facility to its employees it will be a revolution in this area and all parents can do their both official duty and their parental duty at the same time.

Another thing we have to keep in mind is that a child's first school is his family.If he does not get enough good experience from there definitely his growth will be in a wrong way.So beware of such future threats when we put our children in day care centres.

Visit my blogs:

Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]As Gulshan said mothers should care their child eventhough they are left in day care centres when they get an interval.I think a good remedy for this is establishment of day care or child care centres under the expense of the company itself.If all companies provide such facility to its employees it will be a revolution in this area and all parents can do their both official duty and their parental duty at the same time.

Another thing we have to keep in mind is that a child's first school is his family.If he does not get enough good experience from there definitely his growth will be in a wrong way.So beware of such future threats when we put our children in day care centres.[/quote]

Thee suggestion of day care centers in companies is fine. In fact, factories Act 1948 provides for child care facility under trained person if there are minimum prescribed number of women employees. These provisions may be made applicable either by legislation or voluntarily by all establishments. But still the very small concerns and shops will be left out. child care centers may not be completely abolished but it will not be proper to completely depend or trust the. Even in case of a little grown up children, people keep track of child performance at school. similarly, parents must keep a watch on child care in the center. Also, parents should avail maternity and without pay leave for some time and also pay a brief visit to child care center randomly to ensure that the baby is well looked after.

As the discussion is on whether it is desirable to engage 'day care' centres to perform a duty which is exclusively reserved for the parents especially mothers in the scheme of things of Mother Nature,we have to accept that such intervention is not at all desirable as it is like going against the grain! At the other end of the spectrum is the hard reality of more and more women are joining the workforce to achieve economic emancipation and looking for job openings to meet their self-actualization needs.This is a trend which is a settled one and no force on earth can reverse this trend.Thus the fact remains however fondly we may remember the good old days when a child's best address was mother's arms and lap and those days were gone out of our lives for ever and search for an alternative arrangement of varying nomenclatures is on and 'day care' centres are one of them.So let us call it a 'synthetic arrangement'.As we have learnt at considerable expense that the breast milk is the best one for the baby.Similarly the care of mother is the very best for one who is in this planet not more than a few months or little more!None feels more guilty in her conscience than a mother who has been forced to leave her baby to the care of a day-care centre!That truly sums up the desirability aspect! I would discuss some other relevant aspects in my later posts.
Chinmoy has presented the issue in a picturesque style. He has well explained the divergence between what is ideal and what is the ground situation. Mother's personal care is best but this is not always possible owing to reality of life. so we have to strike a balance. Day care centers are not entirely avoidable. But these should be taken as a last resort and even then parents should not entirely leave the baby at mercy of these centers. The parents should take as much personal care as possible and also keep some watch on the efficiency and dependability of the day care center.

Mother do understand their importance to their child but due to circumstances of their earning ,they have keep their children in day care centre. As Abid suggested that if there is established of day care centre near the offices where womens work by the company, it would be very helpful for mothers to care their childrens and their child will also feel comfortable with their mother. It would be a huge help to mother to take great care of their children.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.