The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes Gulshan.The Factories act 1948 provide for child care.But almost all companies had neglected that part and even the present MD s of various companies doesn't know this provision at all.This is because we common people are also ignorant about the different acts.If one mother is dare to question the facility to be provided all mothers will escape from this extra burden.Unfortunately we feel day care centres as more comfortable than this one!

What Ceem said is also a reality.The family budget will de-rail if there is no job for women also in present situation.But at the same time we are making all these for our better livelihood.If we have no time to enjoy life with our children and spouse why should we earn?To whom we are earning all these if we have no such a relation with them?Whom will you blame if they put us in old age in future?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]Yes Gulshan.The Factories act 1948 provide for child care.But almost all companies had neglected that part and even the present MD s of various companies doesn't know this provision at all.This is because we common people are also ignorant about the different acts.If one mother is dare to question the facility to be provided all mothers will escape from this extra burden.Unfortunately we feel day care centres as more comfortable than this one!

What Ceem said is also a reality.The family budget will de-rail if there is no job for women also in present situation.But at the same time we are making all these for our better livelihood.If we have no time to enjoy life with our children and spouse why should we earn?To whom we are earning all these if we have no such a relation with them?Whom will you blame if they put us in old age in future?[/quote]

Life is living in harmony in family as well as society. Neglect of children means bad and unsuccessful life. But you need money for family. So men and their wives both have to earn.

The best way will be to concentrate more on children rather than employment. But this is too much to expect from today's moms. The views expressed by Ceem are no doubt true. There can be no decent life without upbringing children well. However, high cost of living and career ambitions are hindrance.

Solution lies in striking a balance between need for family and earning. This is for parents to achieve. There are many ways- get help from other family members if possible, take maternity and without pay leave, distribute child care errands between both parents and ensuring quality of service in day care center. Entrusting babies to day care center does not rid parents of all responsibility.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I find perfect agreement among the participating members that the maternal care is such a valuable thing for the formative years of a child that it's next to impossible to find a substitute.If there be any substitue whose effectiveness is of dubious kind and the cost is not worth bearing.And when I talk of its enormous cost I am not alluding the monetary element but the soical cost! Our children are our future and their mental and physical development should be accorded the highest priority.

Here we have discussed so far the pleasure of a child in the company of his or her mother.What about the divine pleasure of the mother or rather the parents to see their little one growing up right before their eyes! The mother too is denied a very important source of pleasure which makes motherhood such a splendid experience.Thus it's two-way traffic in which both the child and the mother are involved.

Now looking at the psychological aspect of the problem.The psychologists are agreed on this point that early separation of a child from the mother causes incalculable and irreversible damage to the mental as well physical health of a child.And in India the emotional needs of children are least cared for.The most interesting thing about children is that they are capable of reacting and interpreting to such neglect in their own ways which may not manifest in visible signs and forms.I have heard leading child psychologist expressing concern over the rising cases of depression among the children.An unhappy childhood prepares a fertile ground for all kinds of mental disorders.The profiles of some criminals reveal the neglect of worst kinds they suffered in the ealiest parts of their lives.

In my next post I would deal with some others aspects.
The discussion is near close. The participants appear to be unanimous on the issue. Personal care of parents especially mom is absolutely necessary for upbringing a child. Both parents should function as a team. Child care including breast feeding is part of scheme of nature. By any stretch of imagination, the care of child is not worth delegating to child care centers.

But there are hard realities. The human race has traveled far from nature. Even the basic thing like child care has to be compromised for sake of career of both parents. we cannot wish away the career ambitions of today's women. But let them give first priority to babies. They may avail of all avenues- parents and in-law's help, maternity leave, both parents' active coordination. Entrusting child care to the centers should be last resort and even then parents must not entirely depend on child care center but closely monitor their child's care in these centers and devote at least part of day with child.

I conclude my discussion.

thks fr topic to owe my gratitude for my mom

to begin with motherhood is most important & god gift for human race than any other gift in this world.so ,a child always has soft corner in his heart from the birth till his journey in the life .eg.many strong hearted people cry for there " x "loss

i can assure you a women or mother whatever her nature is beleive it or not she gives her child emotional support which we can't get in this fast pace life

Nows days had come that a pregnant mom even if she is on delivery date has to work for future of child & not for "money"
due to which she has to keep to their young children in a daycare facility and focus on their own career side by side

to keep to their young children in a daycare facility i feel that in months of pregnancy is medically risky due to

1.fatal outside condition as ,pollution ,terroist so even u wan't money u can't risk a child in womb

2.a child born & kept in daycare facility as per me is like child abondoned by mother due to which many pshycological disorder are visible in childrens of working women

3.so in end i feel a child planning need to be done ,if u wan't motherly care then a the mom must decide to

unite with inlaws,

or resign job atleast 1 year

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
Sumit has aptly explained the utmost necessity of close child care by mother for at least one year. even expectant mother is to be careful. He has viewed totally against child care center and advised either uniting with in laws or leaving job for one year.

I agree. But mom need not resign as such. she may retain the job but manage time by availing admissible leave including leave without pay and if absolutely necessary, send baby to care center but ensure that the center is efficient by casually visiting there either herself or her husband may do so.

I gave my concluding views in the last post. This post is just for giving my comments on sumit's suggestions.

Now I want to engage your attention to the genesis of this problem and its linkage with the collapse of the joint family system in urban India.To me it is the singlemost contributor to this problem.More amd more women are being driven by their economic needs to join the workforce to eke out a living and ignoring not only the needs of their children but also other duties towards their families.This particular problem is not all that acute in rural India where the virtues of a joint family system are still cherished and practised.A child can be taken care of either by the grandmom or any aunt in the absence of the mother.But a typical nuclear urban family consists of only three or four members of a family and in some of these even granddads and grandmoms are not present.There were days when the company of grandads and grandmoms was thought to be most beneficial for both.Unfortunately things are different now!

In the course of this discussion some of my participating friends have suggested various solution and remedies for this problem and I am very happy to note complete unanimity among us that there can not be any substitue for mother's care which if tried mindlessly might be diastrous for the family,society and nation.Some of my friends mentioned provisions of some social welfare legislations but the reality in India is that all these statutes grace the law books and are implemented half-heartedly and reluctantly.We shouldn't forget that the government has not been able to enforce even provisons of E.P.F and E.S.I an other acts properly and to expect our employers to run day-care centres efficiently is to stretch our imagination too much!

As we are dealing with a complex problem ,we have to be imaginative in solving this problem.I broadly agree with the suggestions made by Gulshan and others in this respect.Lastly,
I would once again emphasize that a mother has to be ready in making appropriate sacrifice in ensuring a happy and well-rounded future for her child and a child's future is too precioous to sacrificed at the altar of career advancements.With this I conclude and thanks to all of you!
I being in Eid celebration I couldn't concentrate in this discussion more and since it is not a fair practice to post it now I don't post them.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thank you friends for your valuable views on this topic! An overall good discussion! :) :)

The topic is now closed for discussion! Will post results in a couple of days! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.