The topic is locked.
Dear Friends,

A new topic for this week's GD contest!

Mobilephone are getting popular with multi purpose activities.Then -

"Is it good to allow students to use mobile phone ?"

As usual the winner will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 50 and the Runner-up Rs. 25 along with 50 points each.

All participants who post at least three valid replies will be awarded 50 points in the Group Discussion. The Replies should be in a constructive manner either opposing or supporting the topic.

See link for more information and rules of the contest:
www.boddunan.com/forums/3-contests-a-rew...test-group-discussio

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
How come no one's started teh discussion yet? :dry: :huh: :dry:

Abid, you hjave posted a good topic and is very much a relevant subject!

My views in this regards are that it is not advisable to allow students to use mobile phones! Allowing them to use mobile phones causes addiction to talking with friends on phone conitinously or using it to keep texting others using up hours in the process - a time that should otherwise be spent on playing with friends in open air and on studying!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Most of the students are using the Mobile phone eventhough they are banned in almost all campuses.As a phone it was a good device.But now it is used for passing the unwanted bluetooth messages.

Also the irrelevant SMS passing from one to one are another curse.The service providers are giving free SMS service to its customers which really had become a burden to all.

Students use hightec handsets with good quality cameras. Those cameras are used for taking pictures of unwanted things rather than wanted.As students they take them carelessly , but when they spread in world many loses their pride and leads to suicide.
So as these things are common among students I think it should not be allowed to students.

Visit my blogs:

[quote]Students use hightec handsets with good quality cameras. Those cameras are used for taking pictures of unwanted things rather than wanted.As students they take them carelessly , but when they spread in world many loses their pride and leads to suicide.
So as these things are common among students I think it should not be allowed to students. [/quote]

Abid, You have pointed out the most harmful use that the mobile is put to! It reminds me of the recent incident that happened in New Delhi, where a young girl was taped in compromising positions by her boyfriend and the MMS was circulated to other students in the school!

The students at young age do not have any knowledge of the repurcussions and consequences that may arise out of their actions that they believe are for pure fun! Such consequences may and have in some cases, lead to young girls and boys committing suicide!

If at all, the students need to use a mobile for some reason and is a must considering their security and need to be communicated witha t all times, the phone that they are given must be a BASIC phone without any such apps such as camera, bluetooth etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Mobile phones are a part of our daily life. Nobody- students or others can be reasonably deprived of any facility. The possibility of misuse is no ground for snatching. It may be feared that the mobile phones interfere with studies. In fact, the phones interfere everywhere- offices, court rooms, seminars etc.

Instead of banning the use of mobile, the students should be encouraged to learn the etiquette of mobile communications. The only argument against use of mobile phones is that these interfere with studies. The students may possess the phones, but the should be given proper guidance to use these properly. They must switch to silent or vibrate mode in class rooms. The other etiquette like not using the phone while riding a bike, in conference etc. should also be impressed upon. The deprivation from use of mobile phone will not teach the students the right way to use this.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The Students should not be allowed to use cellphones when they are busy with their classes.They should be allowed to use it once they are out of their class rooms or campus.

Students should be educated by their parents about the usage of cellphone in a constructive manner.The students can make use of cellphones to inform their parents about them arriving late to home when there are special classes or some annual functions etc..Also,they should be taught not to use cellphones when they are crossing roads or when travel-ling.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]The Students should not be allowed to use cellphones when they are busy with their classes.They should be allowed to use it once they are out of their class rooms or campus.

Students should be educated by their parents about the usage of cellphone in a constructive manner.The students can make use of cellphones to inform their parents about them arriving late to home when there are special classes or some annual functions etc..Also,they should be taught not to use cellphones when they are crossing roads or when travel-ling.[/quote]

Nagalakshmi apparently agrees that there should not be blanket ban on mobile phones but only the students should be encouraged to observe certain rules for use of these phones. I had suggested in previous post that the phones in class room should be in silent/ vibrate mode so that class is not disturbed. In case of urgent message, the student can leave the class temporarily with teacher's permission and attend to urgent message. Possession of smart phones by students is not desirable. Simple mobile phones with SMS facility should suffice in most cases. Phones with camera and MMS facility are likely to be misused more and these need be banned.

gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]
Instead of banning the use of mobile, the students should be encouraged to learn the etiquette of mobile communications. The only argument against use of mobile phones is that these interfere with studies. The students may possess the phones, but the should be given proper guidance to use these properly. They must switch to silent or vibrate mode in class rooms. The other etiquette like not using the phone while riding a bike, in conference etc. should also be impressed upon. The deprivation from use of mobile phone will not teach the students the right way to use this.[/quote]

Right.But the present students are not at all ready to hear any such thing.They want full freedom. Then what to do?

Visit my blogs:

The Children are not mature enough to analyze the pros and cons of using mobile phones.It is parents responsibility to guide them and make them understand.

Many of the children use mobile phones just because his/her friend owns a mobile.

For example, the parents can explain the children about the psychological impacts they may face if the cell phones are used unnecessarily for longer hours etc.
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]
Instead of banning the use of mobile, the students should be encouraged to learn the etiquette of mobile communications. The only argument against use of mobile phones is that these interfere with studies. The students may possess the phones, but the should be given proper guidance to use these properly. They must switch to silent or vibrate mode in class rooms. The other etiquette like not using the phone while riding a bike, in conference etc. should also be impressed upon. The deprivation from use of mobile phone will not teach the students the right way to use this.[/quote]

Right.But the present students are not at all ready to hear any such thing.They want full freedom. Then what to do?[/quote]

There is indiscipline and lawlessness in all spheres. Still we try to regulate. Hence, the use of cell phones also needs be regulated. Rules for not using the cell phone in class room, while walking and driving etc. need be framed and strictly adhered to. Breach of instructions is to be considered misconduct and accordingly dealt with.

nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]The Children are not mature enough to analyze the pros and cons of using mobile phones.It is parents responsibility to guide them and make them understand.

Many of the children use mobile phones just because his/her friend owns a mobile.

For example, the parents can explain the children about the psychological impacts they may face if the cell phones are used unnecessarily for longer hours etc.[/quote]

Primary responsibility regarding use of cell phones by children lies on parents. Schools also need to frame strict rules in this regard. Cooperation between parents/ guardians and school authorities can definitely result in proper use of cell phones by children.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.