The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thinking beyond our planet is much necessary for our planet. More we explore beyond the planet, more we could save our planet better.I believe that we have enough money to do the space exploration and also can keep our planet better,if we make use of our money in proper way. Moderate use of money should be done in space missions, but you can't avoid space missions. Going beyond at another height gives us opportunity to solve our solutions.Whether exploration is done in global communication, GPS,weather prediction and many more, all are important. We can't skip these things.

Want to make each day Accountable

There appears near unanimity about significance of space research. Although the total cost is apparently very high, this is really not so alarming in view of its long term benefits. Space research program should be considered as capital expenditure giving benefit to humanity in future centuries. Compare it to an individual expenditure. Huge money spent on buying a house is akin to space research whereas spending on a cup of coffee is normal day to day expense.

The total expenditure by NASA on space research is just 1% of total discretionary expense and hence not unreasonable. In this connection, following link is relevant:

http://useconomy.about.com/od/usfederalbudget/p/nasa_budget_cost.htm

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I apologize for posting same content twice.

Space missions do work well also with moderate use of money. But, as far if money is problem,then i believe that world has 60 trillion/year economy and if we use hundred or million times more money then too, we won't face problem of povery,hunger etc like problems. So, instead of putting a issues of money we should see the advantages of space missions and should support the space missions. Although,these space missions will help us in future,we should support these missions for the betterment of our planet.

A report by space foundation U.S.A. indicates that space program is not only expensive but also contributes to the economy. Many industries benefit fro space technology and research. Space related activities contributed 180 Billion dollar to the economy. The companies related to space program contributed 60% of the economy. It is claimed that every dollar spent on space contributes 10 dollar revenue. Thus space program is not a waste but makes positive contribution to economy. For greater details the link provided in my earlier post refers.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

"RACE OF SPACE EPLORATION"

It is claimed that every dollar spent on space contributes 10 dollar revenue as per my colleague views but think that lot of scam & corruption & in country of farming with so many hungry people ,i sometimes feel that it is utmost importance raise the standard of SC/nt/LOWER INCOME GROUP .

as not thinking for them keeping money for space exploration space contributes 10 dollar revenue like is that starving underprivileged like what is depicted in slumdog film & making effort in scientific sector is truly in human & if we are All emotional human race then let us all unite for upliftment of BACKWARD week sections like bihar , & slowly & steadily we can catch up "RACE OF SPACE EPLORATION"

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
Friends,

The moment I had a look at the title of the topic of theis week's GD I felt it just articulated the misgivings and doubts in the minds of millions of people of all over the word over the wisdom of spending tons of money on our space research programmes and its direct linkage in uplifting the well-being of the submerged sections which account for a huge and ugly number in India.But then India is land of paradoxes! If half of the populace of the financial capital lives in slums and shanties the same city captures the attention of the world media for recording the feat of an industrial magnet whose mind is least disturbed and whose conscience is least pricked to spend a whopping and mind-boggling sum of Rs 5000 crore to build his futuristic house!Hence we need to address this question with all rational parameters and angles.That's surely an intellectually rigorous exercise.We have to undertake a social cost-benefit anlysis.We have to recognize the eternal nature of human spirit to break into fresh areas of knowledge and information and relate it to our overall human development.

I hope to deal with other relevant aspects in my next posts.
thks chinmoymukherjee for raising my point that we need to address this question with all rational parameters and angles.

actually who cares for space when you can't fulfill basic amenities of food cloth ,shelter.we say daily 100-1000 dies simply because they don't have basic amenities of food cloth ,shelter & political parties are busy making scams & speeches of SPACE EPLORATION .
i had seen an news in which a child was tied in leg by his mentally ill mom & he was crying ,yelling like anything to get food which was so near & so far

i can say underprivelidge india is need to be consider before funding SPACE EPLORATION as you may never know if india time is bad what especially poor people would do

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
@Sumit

It's true that it is one of the aspects that would continue to agitate any rational mind.Having said that we need to awaken ourselves to many of the positives which have emerged as a result of tangible success achieved by our space scientists and technologists which can significantly contribute to the overall well-being of the vast numbers of our populace.It goes to the wisdom of our late Prime Minister and venerable space scientist late Vikram Sarabhai whose vision and dedicated efforts laid the foundation of our space research programmes.

Now the question which is very material and relevant,is whatever spending has been done on it if the results are worth.Similarly the question can be asked if this spending if not incurred would automatically translate into social sector spending.Basically what India confronts today is lack of good governance and this is a very fundamental lacunae and any amount of money can not solve the basic problems of a vast majority of Indians unless corruption is rooted out form our society.A cursory glance at the size of our plan expenditure over the decades would show that these thousands of crores originally meant,allocated and sanctioned for various social sectors actually pocketed by a rentier section aided and abetted by a thoroughly corrupt political system.So those who delude themselves with the thoughts that expenditure incurred or investments made in terms of maney could have been better utilized for uplifting our socially and economically disadvantaged sections,I am surely not one of them.

In my next post I would deal with the role and achievements of our space scientistas and technologists and their siginificance in the context our overall development.
Two more days to go! The topic closes for discussion tomorrow night!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.