Maharastra Village prohibit women from wearing nightie or maxie outside their homes, claiming this to be the cause of crime against women. Women will be fined 500 INR. How ridiculous this sounds isn't it?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/maharashtra-village-bars-women-from-wearing-maxi-or-nightie-outdoors/

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes , it does sound ridiculous. I thought full covered stuff like nighties are supposed to shield the lurking eyes of rapists

Now it will not be surprising if they ban wearing a saree/chudidars outside too? whats next? burkha's???

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh

Please press Enter after giving the kink. Link doesn't work.

Anyhow I can say not allowing women Nightie is a primitive way of thinking.

Your link does not work because you did not enter after inserting this. After entry, the color of the link changes to green. 

I think that nightie is bedroom dress. Only husband of the woman is interested in her night gown, nightie or sleeping suite. I wonder what the whole village has got to do with what a woman wears in her bed room.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sorry forgot to press enter, the link is working now. 

Whatever the reason, it is always the attire of a women which is blamed for any kind of misbehavior or criminal offenses, however, the senior police office in that village has over ruled against any such rules such as levying a fine on women wearing maxie.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Whatever the reason, it is always the attire of a women which is blamed for any kind of misbehavior or criminal offenses, however, the senior police office in that village has over ruled against any such rules such as levying a fine on women wearing maxie.

Yes, link is working.

Most astonishing part is the diktat was passed by woman's association. However the police warned the association that a Panchayat has no powers to pass the Diktats.

@Mosumi Ghosh, I suggest you chose 'discussion' category in place of 'group discussion' as it's reserved for competitive discussions only. I have changed this one for you.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh

Yes , it does sound ridiculous. I thought full covered stuff like nighties are supposed to shield the lurking eyes of rapists

Now it will not be surprising if they ban wearing a saree/chudidars outside too? whats next? burkha's???

Next is prohibition of coming out of the house. Seeing such non sense, I wonder if we are living in old stone age or Jet age.

Yes, link is working.

Most astonishing part is the diktat was passed by woman's association. However the police warned the association that a Panchayat has no powers to pass the Diktats.

Exactly, thank goodness the senior police official has did not comply with such ridiculous rules. We are indeed taking 10 steps ahead and then retreating 12 steps.

Yes, link is working.

Exactly, thank goodness the senior police official has did not comply with such ridiculous rules. We are indeed taking 10 steps ahead and then retreating 12 steps.

We are neither going ahead nor retreating back. Stagnated. Living in the stink of old stone age.

We see men wandering around in pajamas which are supposed by sleepwear , so why shd women be singled out, that too wearing nighties which have also become housecoats since it is worn by women at home due to the convenience and practicality it provides..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.