Rent a bag is a concept initiated by the residents of sanjeev nagar bangalore to use it instead of plastic bags. The bag cost Rs.20 and if you return it the vendor will give the money to you.

http://www.deccanherald.com/videos/watch/8644/dump-plastic-rent-bag.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Well that's a good initiative to curb the usage of plastic, which is a environmental menac.

I prefer carrying my own cloth bag, but in case i forget this kind of initiative is a nice concept to start with.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

At times, there may not be marketing agenda but while on an outing, you may suddenly think of buying veggies. In such situations, schemes like "Rent a Bag" would be of much use.

excellent idea.  This concept should be implemented throughout India.  It could even be tried out at Railway Stations.  Let us allow private people to open Government authorized shops at all major stations.  If we could have someone renting out lunch boxes at some Railway Stations, say for Rs.200/-, and the customer depositing the same at the end Railway Station, then we can simply minimize the use of plastic.  For example, a customer pays Rs.200/- for one ever silver lunch box at Chennai and after completing his travel at New Delhi, he hands over the same to the shop nearby and gets back Rs200/-.  All that needs to be done is to steam wash the lunch boxes.  This way, hundreds of thousands of plastic covers and bags will not be used, thus saving the environment. 

It definitely seems to be a good initiative. Every small steps taken to curb the menace of plastic pollution would make a tremendous change in the environment and should be encouraged by one and all.

I have made several bags using old jeans pants and thick bedsheets for my grocery and vegetable shopping and in my town plastic has been banned and you need to pay Rs 5 to get a jute and cotton mixed bag from the concerned shops. Now I see a lot of ladies carrying their own bags rather than expect the shop owners to provide them with plastic bags 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
usha manohar wrote:

I have made several bags using old jeans pants and thick bedsheets for my grocery and vegetable shopping and in my town plastic has been banned and you need to pay Rs 5 to get a jute and cotton mixed bag from the concerned shops. Now I see a lot of ladies carrying their own bags rather than expect the shop owners to provide them with plastic bags 

That's a nice idea, stitch your own bag using old jeans and clothes, saves money and saves environment.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I carries a cloth bag always in my bag and also give awareness to people to practice the same.Also my pant pockets are stitched well in large(!) to accommodate one or two unexpected purchases!!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

People who are getting awareness about plastics will use it ever. Most of the people are not carrying bags because it will get wet and they should wash it periodically but in the case of plastic bags they throw it easily after its purpose is solved.

Dwarakanathan wrote:

People who are getting awareness about plastics will use it ever. Most of the people are not carrying bags because it will get wet and they should wash it periodically but in the case of plastic bags they throw it easily after its purpose is solved.

One thing to remember is that plastic takes 10lacs years to decay!!That is this much years it has to suffered by earth.So when it becomes large in quantity just imagine the pain of earth.Oh My God!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.