Can any one advise me that while writing an Article, what is Meta Data , keywords and Meta Descriptions?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Meta data and key words are nothing but salient words and phrases in your article that would be searched the most on any search engine. Metadescription is a brief summary of what the article is about in 2-3 sentences.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Samir Dave

These are tags that help you let the audiences know about the content of your article. Keywords that you give should be present in the article at least once ot three three times.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you Kalyani and Mousumi!

That means, for e.g. if my article is on "Success", in Meta Data I should write words like :- motivation, optimist, ambitious etc... and in description two or three lines summery about the article...

No, it's like this. Keywords in your article are the words that catch the attention of a search engine. In your article on success, the keywords are, success, motivation, self motivation goal setting etc. Remember the keywords should be separated with a comma.

In the meta description, the gist of the article in short. Eg. Success depends upon dedication, determination and Desire to win.

Key words should be from those used in the articles. These cannot be just for search engine if not found in the article. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Key words should be from those used in the articles. These cannot be just for search engine if not found in the article. 

That goes without saying. Created keywords cannot be identified by search engines. Even if these keywords are recognized by search engine, this particular article written by the member will not be pointed out. Because, other articles written by other than this writer might have written using the same keywords.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Samir Dave wrote:

Thank you Kalyani and Mousumi!

That means, for e.g. if my article is on "Success", in Meta Data I should write words like :- motivation, optimist, ambitious etc... and in description two or three lines summery about the article...

To add more about keywords, keywords should be written at least 2-3 times in the article for search engines to easily locate the articles using these keywords.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Even if you use keywords more than one, mentioning of one keyword is enough in the keywords.

Perfect!

So if someone types chocolate into the query box on a search engine page such as Google, then it is time for the query software to get to work. And if your article and keyword contains chocolate, your URL will appear...

Definitely. By this, you will get more hits whosoever clicks on your article.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.