Two recent High Court decisions have shaken the faith of people in Indian judicial system.First Ms. Jayalalitha is acquitted of Corruption charges and second Salman Khan given bail inside 3 hours.  Both decisions in lower courts were well reasoned, yet the high court ignored them. The Indian judicial system is motheaten and corrupt as said by Ex Supreme Court Justice Katju. Is there any hope for 2.54 lakh poor criminals behind bars and trials still on ?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There is also the case of the BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu who was jailed for a death in a road rage case and even after 8 years he can be seen laughing on TV as the Supreme Court has given a .stay. Surely the Indian state is looking down the barrel of a gun

The judicial system may be okay but this is costly. The rich can pay the cost and so get justice. Poor are at disadvantage. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

The judicial system may be okay but this is costly. The rich can pay the cost and so get justice. Poor are at disadvantage. 

Kiran Bedi said, " the rich andpowerful can escape from the judiciary net."

I donot think so, the case against AIADMK chief was initiated by DMK government their bitter rival, so it might be true or false, but higher judicial system is too costly for common man and that cost should be decreased to bare essentials other wise common man would not reach to higher justice system at all. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Money power and power in thepolitical circles play a vital role in the judicial system. Yesterday Salman, today Jayalalita and Ramalinga Raju's cases proved this.

The judicial system in India is  a gift of the English, but in England I have seen that generally the trials are not delayed and such preposterous verdicts are not handed down. I wonder where we went wrong.

I would fully subscribe to this growing feeling that there  is something very seriously wrong in the system. This is in stark contrast to systems of some of the advanced and progressive countries. I am not naming any particular case but it has been the trend for quite some time. Judiciary is our last hope and if it is allowed to be afflicted with any life-threatening ailment that snuffs out our last hope nothing could be more tragic!!! Very very disturbing trend!!! All we know how Rajat Gupta was made  to feel the full heat of the American judiciary!

rambabu wrote:

Kiran Bedi said, " the rich andpowerful can escape from the judiciary net."

This is  sad and points to serious flaw in the system. Th eBritish have ironed out their law while we have not.

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

I would fully subscribe to this growing feeling that there  is something very seriously wrong in the system. This is in stark contrast to systems of some of the advanced and progressive countries. I am not naming any particular case but it has been the trend for quite some time. Judiciary is our last hope and if it is allowed to be afflicted with any life-threatening ailment that snuffs out our last hope nothing could be more tragic!!! Very very disturbing trend!!! All we know how Rajat Gupta was made  to feel the full heat of the American judiciary!

Yes, rightly said, but the Judiciary is sick. Justice Katju gave a list of 8 Judges corrupt to the Chief Justice and nothing happened.

MG Singh wrote:

How the system could be okay which suffers from such gross infirmity? Unaffordability negates the very idea of justice. A judicial system which prices itself out of the reach of the poor and disadvantaged should be immediately dismantled and dispensed with for the sake of justice!!!!  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.