Why have capital punishment in the statute books if it is not be enforced for any reason. It emboldens a killer

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

You are talking of which country, as when there is such punishment in statute books then from time to time in grievous acts such punishments is there. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I prefer reformatory measures instead of Death sentence.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
mohan manohar wrote:

You are talking of which country, as when there is such punishment in statute books then from time to time in grievous acts such punishments is there. 

Thanks I am taling of India. We have executed only 3 persons iN last 15 years and more than 800 are on death row. The fact is many grievous cases of death sentence is not carried out 

rambabu wrote:

some patholokgijcal killers are beyond reformation

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

some patholokgijcal killers are beyond reformation

While agreeing with you, I'd like to impress upon you as you said such cases are very few. Even if it's a pathological case,law enforcement authorities should ensure that such instances are beyond reforms. By hanging nothing could be achieved.

A death sentence is always a deterrent. Even psychologists have confirmed this. To talk that nothing is achieved by executing a criminal, then what is the option?. Let him live for ever at the expense of the public? These are deep questions. let me tell readers  that when i was in England  two months back, a debate has rekindled that the death penalty be reintroduced. The USA and Japan have not done away with death penalty. It is essential as a deterrent as a criminal or ra[ist will feel that come what may he will NEVER be hanged.

There are a plethora of options. In the prisons like Tihar, Kiran Bedi has shown the prisoners need not be a burden to exchequer. Instead, they were trained to make household utilities which in turn generate revenue . This stops the prisoners from being a burden to the exchequer. Additionally, the self reliance and the sense of achievement will become an example for others.

I agree, all these can be achieved only through an overhauling of The present Jail reforms. Finally a strict implementation of jail reforms.

I do agree with capital punishment but the only concern for me is that the culprit should be awarded painless death not hanging till death. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I'm against capital punishment. Punishment should be aimed at reforming the person like what Kiran Bdi did in Tihar jail.

There is another thread on same issur- Death punishment by hanging'.  I sincerely belive that object of punishment is to reform rather than revenge as in olden days. Tooth for tootrh, eye of eye, death for death can not be motive of punishment.  So deaqth sentence must be in very rare cases. Even in extreme cases where the killer is a psychopath, he needs be reformed by psychological counseling rather than hanged till death. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.