I feel that each person has his or her own perception of religion and I felt that it would be interesting to get different view points from members...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Here is my view point. Religion is not necessary as it is not going to help me in any sphere of life. I remember a movie song, "Aao, Mehnat Ko Apna Imaan Banaaye..." Work and hard work is my religion.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
rambabu wrote:

Here is my view point. Religion is not necessary as it is not going to help me in any sphere of life. I remember a movie song, "Aao, Mehnat Ko Apna Imaan Banaaye..." Work and hard work is my religion.

However, one simply cannot wish away the religion into which one is born into since that's what becomes your identity, so that extent religion does become important to an individual...am I right?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

However, one simply cannot wish away the religion into which one is born into since that's what becomes your identity, so that extent religion does become important to an individual...am I right?

Sorry. I beg to differ with you. I'm of the opinion  religion and caste have split the society. I also believe that when man was born,there was no religion. Still he survived. A person may get a seat in a college by virtue of his reservation  on the basis of his religion.But not a degree. Where religion fails hard work succeeds. It's my experience . And in this regard my opinion on religion remains unchanged.

Religion has not given identity but my merit achieved through hard work gave me an identity in the society.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sorry. I beg to differ with you. I'm of the opinion  religion has split the society. I also believe that when man was born,there was no religion. Still he survived. A person may get a seat in a college. But not a degree. Where religion fails hard work succeeds. It's my experience . And in this regard my opinion on religion remains unchanged.

That is your personal view but practically and broadly speaking every individual in the present day society is identified through his religion and caste whether he or she likes it or not..

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Sorry. I beg to differ with you. I'm of the opinion  religion has split the society. I also believe that when man was born,there was no religion. Still he survived. A person may get a seat in a college. But not a degree. Where religion fails hard work succeeds. It's my experience . And in this regard my opinion on religion remains unchanged.

That is your personal view but practically and broadly speaking every individual in the present day society is identified through his religion and caste whether he or she likes it or not..

True it's my personal  view. Religion has not given me an identity, but it's my merit achieved through hard work gave me an identity.

To me religion is something that I gives me an identity yes, but to follow it or not is upto me. But I sometimes think that without following religion how would my life be...religion does not imply fervently praying or keeping fast etc. it is a way of life. It dictates how a person should observe certain rules without which we will all become uncivilized. Religion is something that holds people, community, a nation together. We really cannot do away with it completely can we?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

For me personally, religion is important to me since it gives me my identity and is also responsible for my social conditioning. Also, I would like to add that I try to follow the basic rules of my religion, that is, tolerance and kindness to all others around me, I try to be a good human being and am not at all ashamed to say that I belong to a particular religion. What we see and hear nowadays about religion being a poison and that it has created a rift in our society, have I or you done it personally? Aren't the politicians responsible for it?> So why should shun it when I know I am a good human being!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Religion is a belief system or a methodology created by man, to approach his another creation, God. Its plus point is that it teaches us ethics to be followed in our life.  Its negative side is that it has become a business and just an instrument to fight each other. I believe in Freedom. I believe that to realize God, no religion is necessary; because God has no religion. But, whether I believe in it or not, my religion (that is, the religion endowed to me by my birth) is my identity in the society where I live and it has become a necessity for my survival. So for me, religion is just an outer sheath to convince the crowd that I am also a part of it!

For me religion is nothing. Humanity is my religion.  I don't believe much on God as we have made them different for different religion otherwise there is only one power which has created this world. People who think praying God 4-5 times a day make them religious then they are wrong. Serving others is what religion teaches us which we all don't want to understand.

Mousumi Ghosh
To me religion is something that I gives me an identity yes, but to follow it or not is upto me. But I sometimes think that without following religion how would my life be...religion does not imply fervently praying or keeping fast etc. it is a way of life. It dictates how a person should observe certain rules without which we will all become uncivilized. Religion is something that holds people, community, a nation together. We really cannot do away with it completely can we?
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

For me personally, religion is important to me since it gives me my identity and is also responsible for my social conditioning. Also, I would like to add that I try to follow the basic rules of my religion, that is, tolerance and kindness to all others around me, I try to be a good human being and am not at all ashamed to say that I belong to a particular religion. What we see and hear nowadays about religion being a poison and that it has created a rift in our society, have I or you done it personally? Aren't the politicians responsible for it?> So why should shun it when I know I am a good human being!

It is good to see you back Mousumi...I agree with both your views because each of us see religion differently !

I agree that religion need not be what form it has taken now after several centuries of manipulations..

Religion as I perceive is an institution that came into being because there was a need to regulate human behavior and for Hindus it is an extension of nature itself since our gods are part of our life with the three main gods representing birth, life and death and the Ashta dikpalakas representing the eight directions of the earth..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.