Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

I remember a Tamil film “Anniyan” (outsider), with Vikram in the main role, and directed by Shankar. A Brahmin youth was dissatisfied by the corruption in society but he was helpless because he couldn’t do anything against it. With his suppressed feelings he developed a “multiple personality disorder”, by which assumed different identities. Sometimes he became a strange person with unbelievable physical power and eradicated the corrupted persons from society by killing them brutally. Next moment he becomes the poor Brahmin youth. I think this “multiple personality disorder is the extreme state of this bipolar disorder.

The plot of this movie also reminds of me an excellent novel Tell Me Your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon. It is about a young woman who has been repeatedly raped when she was a child and later on develops same symptoms where she takes up personalities of two more women in addition to her own. I think for such kinds of extreme bipolar disorders, usually a severe kind of trauma is associated during some or the other stage of development.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

I remember a Tamil film “Anniyan” (outsider), with Vikram in the main role, and directed by Shankar. A Brahmin youth was dissatisfied by the corruption in society but he was helpless because he couldn’t do anything against it. With his suppressed feelings he developed a “multiple personality disorder”, by which assumed different identities. Sometimes he became a strange person with unbelievable physical power and eradicated the corrupted persons from society by killing them brutally. Next moment he becomes the poor Brahmin youth. I think this “multiple personality disorder is the extreme state of this bipolar disorder.

The plot of this movie also reminds of me an excellent novel Tell Me Your Dreams by Sidney Sheldon. It is about a young woman who has been repeatedly raped when she was a child and later on develops same symptoms where she takes up personalities of two more women in addition to her own. I think for such kinds of extreme bipolar disorders, usually a severe kind of trauma is associated during some or the other stage of development.

I too have read the book Tell me your dreams  a long time back although I remember the plot sketchily , it was an interesting book .....Kalyani, we realise that childhood is the most important phase of an individual and extreme care should be taken by the parents to make it right , so that they bring up responsible and caring individuals ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Caution should be the catch word for the parents. They should constantly keep a vigil to look for the symptoms of Bi Polar disorder. Watchful parents are rewarded and their child can be brought back to normal condition.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.