The Chinese Institute of Strategic Studies feels that in the long run India will break into 4/5 states and then only it can make progress. At present India is dominated by caste system, linguistic rivalries,  and  vast differences in economic levels with 40% of the nation beset by internal revolution like maoist, Islamic and tribal. This may come true if the leadership fails India ( my comment)

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

every big country is diversified. So is India. Chinese may have their own assessment. But we should be capable of maintaining our unity in diversity and progress as a democrtaic country. Our main problem is rising population that needs more use of the limited land resources for various needs. If we can tackle the issue of rising population and optimize use of land, we would have no difficulty. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

every big country is diversified. So is India. Chinese may have their own assessment. But we should be capable of maintaining our unity in diversity and progress as a democrtaic country. Our main problem is rising population that needs more use of the limited land resources for various needs. If we can tackle the issue of rising population and optimize use of land, we would have no difficulty. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Well, if it were to happen as is predicted by the Chinese, obviously it would be in there interest as they have an eye out on our lands for a long time. But in spite of all the caste conflicts, language issues, we will still be one country. I have no doubts otherwise.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The chinese institute of strategic studies has many qualified men and there are Americans also. We should not dismiss their opinion out if hand. When I was in Air force and visited the USA a functionary ( can't disclose) predicted very much the same thing.

I wonder if readers can comment that at present India is held together by army. Withdraw army from Kashmir and north east and India will have immediate secession and break up. The important thing is to face reality and take remedial action.

I do not think India would now ever break up, it is now binded by cohesive unit and most of problems mentioned are created by some political forces which people used to throw them out of power with minimal seats. While, China is fighting with deeper regionalism such as in Xinxua province they had to fight with Islamic extremists, then Tibet issues and plenty of other issues and by the way China is not a rich country, there are many poor people there. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

I sincerely hope India does not break up, but the chilling fact is a withdrawal of army from some areas will lead to secession. Can one think of any American state leaving the union ? There is no army to hold it, yet in India the army is the factor of unity in many states.

Just think about the age of democracy of US and India, and the answer is hidden inside it. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

MG Singh wrote:

I sincerely hope India does not break up, but the chilling fact is a withdrawal of army from some areas will lead to secession. Can one think of any American state leaving the union ? There is no army to hold it, yet in India the army is the factor of unity in many states.

Its true that Army is a factor of unity in some states. In many states Army is serving as the protector of peace. My own state AP army is the protector of Peace.

That's fact that it's easy to manage small area but that doesn't mean that India will break in future. 

True. Smaller states are easy to manage in the administrative point of view. This was the view behind the formation of Linguistic states. But the down point was, language rivalries sproute up. Now it's what happening in the newly formed states AP and Telangana.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.