Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

If population is the main factor  that hinders the nation's progress Then its growth must be curbed. So far so good. For this don't you think that Family planning should be strictly adhered to by all and by all religions. But some religions like Islam opposes Family planning. It doesn't believe in restricting the family. It believes only in multiplying the family.

How India can tackle this?

MG Singh wrote:

The chinese institute of strategic studies has many qualified men and there are Americans also. We should not dismiss their opinion out if hand. When I was in Air force and visited the USA a functionary ( can't disclose) predicted very much the same thing.

I wonder if readers can comment that at present India is held together by army. Withdraw army from Kashmir and north east and India will have immediate secession and break up. The important thing is to face reality and take remedial action.

I beg to differ - Army comes into the picture when there is unrest and when the elected government is unable to handle the situation since it has gone out of control.But under the normal circumstances a nation is held together by its leaders and more importantly the economic,social and political system .When there is failure al round it might lead to civil unrest and later even lead to a civil war and division like it happened in USSR where the USA played a very large part...If we are wise we can overcome these adversities and remain a strong united nation...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The chinese institute of strategic studies has many qualified men and there are Americans also. We should not dismiss their opinion out if hand. When I was in Air force and visited the USA a functionary ( can't disclose) predicted very much the same thing.

I wonder if readers can comment that at present India is held together by army. Withdraw army from Kashmir and north east and India will have immediate secession and break up. The important thing is to face reality and take remedial action.

I beg to differ - Army comes into the picture when there is unrest and when the elected government is unable to handle the situation since it has gone out of control.But under the normal circumstances a nation is held together by its leaders and more importantly the economic,social and political system .When there is failure al round it might lead to civil unrest and later even lead to a civil war and division like it happened in USSR where the USA played a very large part...If we are wise we can overcome these adversities and remain a strong united nation...

This is what exactly i expressed in my earlier threads. Barring a few states, overall Army is doing its duty of keeping the law and order in control. These states never utilized the army other than what it is meant for.

If the true meaning of Unity in diversity is understood from our National Anthem which is acclaimed to be the world's best Anthem and if it really sticks to the meaning it delivers then we can stay together in harmony. Caste discrimination should be done away with under Modi's rule to ensure equality and unity. It is inconsistent system which does not promote good intellectuals to higher level and lets substandard creep in by it's process and working.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

India is a vast nation consisting of different cultures. Despite its vastness India never deviated from its core characteristic  of being together as a nation. It's but natural to have some inconsistencies. Now the situation is changing. "Ache Din " are not far away under the Stewardship of the Captain Modi.

Remember that it takes time to see the fruits of Change. Rome is not built in a day.

MG Singh wrote:

The comment is not without some merit. It is true that some regions are virtually kept together with army deployment only. North East and Kashmir are rightly mentioned.  Also in some parts like Chhhatisgarh, the Maoist challenge cannot be met without massive deployment of armed forces or para military forces.  There is greater need for emotional integration with nation. Overall development of all regions and people and not only of the super rich is needed for this. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The comment is not without some merit. It is true that some regions are virtually kept together with army deployment only. North East and Kashmir are rightly mentioned.  Also in some parts like Chhhatisgarh, the Maoist challenge cannot be met without massive deployment of armed forces or para military forces.  There is greater need for emotional integration with nation. Overall development of all regions and people and not only of the super rich is needed for this. 

Buddhists are against idol worship. Hindus believe in  Idol worship. Muslims do not believe in planned families. With so many variations in  beliefs and faiths, overall development of all religions is not possible unless there is a uniform religious code.

Unless all reservations are quashed and every one follows the same rules (in reference to country as a whole), all special powers to particular states withdrawn and every citizen treated at par and all rules followed strictly by everyone on uniform basis, the situation will remain the same. We do not want government/s to give up to blackmailing politics by religious or cast based groups. 

After all India is not the only country having multiple cultures but there are several countries in the world that follow the same rule formula for each and everyone.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with you Sunil. India is not the only country  wth various cultures and religions.But other countries followed "uniformity ". Which is why despite diverse cultures, with uniformity in all aspects of life including religion, they progressed. We failed miserably in maintaining Uniformity and remained without progress.

At this point of time I don't see any merit in this question. It is true that there were times,say, some twenty or thirty years down the line that the scenario looked quite bleak and now we are well past it. The Indian state is quite and more capable of defending the integrity of the country than ever before. China and the USA have been at it for quite some time to hard-sell this piece of idle fantasy to no avail . In fact in the late sixties the top US  leadership was convinced that India would break up under the weight of diversity but it took years to learn the hard way that it has been an asset for India - that typical India spirit which continues to act as a glue. Now the question of involvement of the military in civil matters, what is the ratio of such involvement given to India's geographical spread. Countries of far less size of that of a small India state with no cultural or lingual diversity have permanent military presence to keep a semblance of stability. The military might. alone can't ensure integrity of a state as the the break-up of the USSR and Bulgaria would amply demonstrate. After all we have never sent tanks to crush our own people to tackle domestic instability.China would do better to introspect on its own policies and future rather than meddling in the internal matters of India!   

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.