Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with Chinmoy..There is lot of truth in his saying" The Indian state is quite and more capable of defending the integrity of the country than ever before."

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

At this point of time I don't see any merit in this question. It is true that there were times,say, some twenty or thirty years down the line that the scenario looked quite bleak and now we are well past it. The Indian state is quite and more capable of defending the integrity of the country than ever before. China and the USA have been at it for quite some time to hard-sell this piece of idle fantasy to no avail . In fact in the late sixties the top US  leadership was convinced that India would break up under the weight of diversity but it took years to learn the hard way that it has been an asset for India - that typical India spirit which continues to act as a glue. Now the question of involvement of the military in civil matters, what is the ratio of such involvement given to India's geographical spread. Countries of far less size of that of a small India state with no cultural or lingual diversity have permanent military presence to keep a semblance of stability. The military might. alone can't ensure integrity of a state as the the break-up of the USSR and Bulgaria would amply demonstrate. After all we have never sent tanks to crush our own people to tackle domestic instability.China would do better to introspect on its own policies and future rather than meddling in the internal matters of India!   

I totally agree with you. In fact military might may and has only proved to further alienate the places that it has been  employed in. We only have to look towards Tripura and Manipur etc. Instead of using more tact and sensitivity, granting special forces to Army there has resulted in those states being more alienated. As far as scholars in China are concerned, they need to look hard and long at their own history and their own conduct towards their people. They should be more worried of their country disintegrating rather than ours.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks Kalyani and Rambabu! While I don't sense any danger lurking in the horizon I am extremely concerned about rabid ,right-wing , atavistic thinking and actions born out of it to jeopardize our national integrity. By the I inadvertently named Bulgaria for Yugoslavia! Sorry, mates!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
chinmoymukherjee wrote:Thanks Kalyani and Rambabu! While I don't sense any danger lurking in the horizon I am extremely concerned about rabid ,right-wing , atavistic thinking and actions born out of it to jeopardize our national integrity. By the I inadvertently named Bulgaria for Yugoslavia! Sorry, mates!

True...BUt thankfully for us, the numbers of such people are far less to create any real damage.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Five fingers are not the same in hand and similarly all people cannot be same but still all these fingers create the palm which is made of hand, so India is united, will continue living unitedly no matter what so ever adverse conditions and situation arise. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Well said. Your comparison with the palm with unity of India is appropriate.

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

At this point of time I don't see any merit in this question. It is true that there were times,say, some twenty or thirty years down the line that the scenario looked quite bleak and now we are well past it. The Indian state is quite and more capable of defending the integrity of the country than ever before. China and the USA have been at it for quite some time to hard-sell this piece of idle fantasy to no avail . In fact in the late sixties the top US  leadership was convinced that India would break up under the weight of diversity but it took years to learn the hard way that it has been an asset for India - that typical India spirit which continues to act as a glue. Now the question of involvement of the military in civil matters, what is the ratio of such involvement given to India's geographical spread. Countries of far less size of that of a small India state with no cultural or lingual diversity have permanent military presence to keep a semblance of stability. The military might. alone can't ensure integrity of a state as the the break-up of the USSR and Bulgaria would amply demonstrate. After all we have never sent tanks to crush our own people to tackle domestic instability.China would do better to introspect on its own policies and future rather than meddling in the internal matters of India!   

The Indians used the Air Force to bombard Aizawl in Mizoram in 1966 and overall APC and latest weapons are used against the separatists. Fighter bombers from Jorhat were used.This is just for info. I suggest before making any comment about NE India and Kashmir a visit there will be a help. These peripheral areas are waiting to break away if there is no army. Now the IAF is going to use MI 17 heligunships( I used to fly them)  against them. The problem is not with India , but only with certain regions like the North east. 

The Chinese report is a research paper. We have also a an Institute of defence Studies and National defence college which give their assessments of China. These are scholarly debates and is not meddling in affairs. so one must study the opinion of teh American and Chinese

As on date the NE states will secede from India if the army is withdrawn. I know I spent a total of 10 years there. Kashmir , particularly the valley is rabid anti Hindu and India

I agree with you  MG Singh  ground realities can be judged only after living in those areas. I have lived in almost every state of North East and know the reality. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.