India has myriad problems and these are compounded by a lack of uniform civil code and article 370 which was introduced by Nehru. The directive principle s of the Indian constitution  lays down the requirement of a common civil code for all Indians.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Article 370 of the Indian Constitution is a 'temporary provision' which grants special autonomous status to Jammu & Kashmir

The above means If it is temporary, one day, it has to abolished.

J&K is part of India, why have a Special status and not allow Indians from other parts to own land and settle there.This also send a wrong signal to the world community that it is a disputed area.Even the Muslims in Kashmir get a wrong signal as if it is not a part of India.

Certainly article 370 has to be scrapped. It is an impediment to National integration.

Kashmir also has a separate constitution and flag. This is not compatible with concept of a  single nation and weakens India's case in front of the world

Every thing and anything that contributes to National disintegration should be scrapped. Only Tri color should fly in every part of Bharat. We should not allow the efforts of our patriots who strived for the "One India."

I agree it was Nehru and whoever else was there at that point of time who messed up the Kashmir situation...I too feel that article 370 should be scrapped and Jammu and Kashmir should be completely integrated as part of India with the same rules and regulations as the rest of the country.I am surprised that Congress with all its big talk on nationalism has not even moved a step closer to doing that instead only made the situation far worse in all its years of rule...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nehru was a dreamer. He could not see the problems arise in future. Article 370 is an obstacle on India's development and progress. By all means article 370 should be scrapped.

i wonder who will bell the cat as even the BJP which had made abolition of article 370 and a common civil code as part of their manifesto have done nothing. 

Of course belling the cat is difficult task. But BJP has to abide by its manifesto. If it fails, it's certainly a Dooms Day for the BJP. 

As regards common civil code, we have already uniform law on all criminal, civil and business matters that concern all citizens alike. Personal law for Hindus, Muslims etc are separate only for their internal issues of family- marriage, divorce, succession.  There is no point in enforcing so called uniform law designed to coerce minorities to accept Hindu traditions. Can there be same ritual of marriage for Hindus, Muslims and christians or same way of burial? 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Of course there are difficulties in creating a uniform Civil code. There may be good intentions behind the Personal law. But unfortunately this is being abused by different religions. It has also created a hatred and intolerance of religions. Politicians used this for creating Vote Banks.

About Article 370, slowly most of its provisions are weakening due to some amendments and other provisions, some party of kashmir makes it as ego issue and for this slowly time will come when those people will disregard this article, about its history, there is long history of fradulent polices but these are of no use as ofg now, it is time to put focus on how slowly this can be abolished, and as per uniform civil code, I agree with @ that already same law for civil and criminal disputers so government should not interfere, internal family issues. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.