Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

These are related with amendments to constitution of India and for this two third majority means 380 seats in parliament and two third states in power for one party could then it be possible as most of other political parties are opposing this. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Opposition is expected. There is nothing new. But the ruling party should have the will to abolish this article 370

rambabu wrote:

Opposition is expected. There is nothing new. But the ruling party should have the will to abolish this article 370

Yes! the importance is having the will, but the BJP which had made removal  article 370 a part of its manifesto has forgotten it completely. 

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes! the importance is having the will, but the BJP which had made removal  article 370 a part of its manifesto has forgotten it completely. 

I agree with you. BJP started the issue and forgot about it. If Modi continues his forgetting about the issues he started, well he is inviting trouble both for himself and to his party. I feel only time will decide.

Only will cannot create constitutional amendments it is in democracy the need is the support and that too of two thirds members of parliament and states. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

And two third's members are none other than the representatives of the people. Support of the people is most important. Without the active participation of people nothing can be achieved.

I think it is too much to expect from BJP in one years time, let us give them some more time....How many major issues can one tackle especially when you have an opposition opposing for the sake of doing so on every single issue...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Very true. The country was reduced  to shambles for decades. When the Nation accepted and tolerated for decades, can't we give time to the newly elected Government? Rome was not built in a day.

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I agree with you. BJP started the issue and forgot about it. If Modi continues his forgetting about the issues he started, well he is inviting trouble both for himself and to his party. I feel only time will decide.

actually the issue like common civil code, Rama temple, articler 370 are just for seeking votes.  It is neither proper nor practical to introduce so called common civil code.  Evfen if the saffron forces get more majority, they have no guts to introduce common civil code or bvuild Rama temple. Also there is a saturation point beyond which these issues will not even fetch votes. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

MG Singh wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

As regards common civil code, we have already uniform law on all criminal, civil and business matters that concern all citizens alike. Personal law for Hindus, Muslims etc are separate only for their internal issues of family- marriage, divorce, succession.  There is no point in enforcing so called uniform law designed to coerce minorities to accept Hindu traditions. Can there be same ritual of marriage for Hindus, Muslims and christians or same way of burial? 

In case we go by your logic then France( biggest Muslim minority of 5 million) USA and other countries should not have common civil code because Muslims don't want want,. In our own state of Goa there is a UNIFORM CIVIL CODE and accepted by Muslims ( No choice was given by Portuguese). Be realistic and I have a feeling why India does not progress and we know the reason.

I wonder how USA is mentioned here. U.S.A does not have even common criminal law not to speak of common civil code. U.S.A. is a federal state unlike India which is quasi federal.  Other countries are small and predominantrly Christian unlike Inda that has large diversities asnd you can't have common civil code even for Hindus. You have Dayabhag in some regions and Mitakhra elsewhere. The teribal have their own traditions and law. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.