We seem to value everything around us , but the ones that really matter to us are free but priceless...Fresh air, water, nature ..

242747_1_11012060_10204474218280960_72045831266766665_n.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you, we are least bothered about all these essential natural gifts which are available without any price otherwise. I am lucky, I live in an area comparatively hassle free. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Even if you are living in a busy metro city, if you have the mind, you can make time to spend time with nature instead of doing overtime to earn more money, go for a long walk instead of spending time window shopping at a mall or cooped up inside a cinema hall..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Natural jungles are converted into concrete jungles. Trees which protect the environment are cut indiscriminately. Garbage and industrial effluents are dumped into the rivers. Mother earth is raped and ravaged. All wrong priorities and preferences. We are signing on our own death warrant.

Human beings especially here in our country have no respect for anything that has no monetary value.When a wild animal ventures into city and is caught by the forest  dept , I see people poking sticks at it, throwing stones at it through the grill  and of course a picnic in open spaces means eating, drinking and making merry and litter the place with all that they have used for their enjoyment...We are a despicable lot !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Human beings especially here in our country have no respect for anything that has no monetary value.When a wild animal ventures into city and is caught by the forest  dept , I see people poking sticks at it, throwing stones at it through the grill  and of course a picnic in open spaces means eating, drinking and making merry and litter the place with all that they have used for their enjoyment...We are a despicable lot !!!

Absolutely. Greed makes us big destroyer of nature. Animals are caged and tortured. Parks have become  garbage cans. Animals are better than us.

suni51 wrote:

I agree with you, we are least bothered about all these essential natural gifts which are available without any price otherwise. I am lucky, I live in an area comparatively hassle free. 

@Usha - Thanks for your suggestions. In fact being a Nature Lover I try my best to do as much walking and traveling in peaceful areas as possible. Incidentally I live very close to Himalayas, so I get plenty of opportunities. Besides I leave no chance to visit walking areas and big parks wherever I go. There are plenty of natural spots close to my residence and one right in front of my home.

suni51 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

@Usha - Thanks for your suggestions. In fact being a Nature Lover I try my best to do as much walking and traveling in peaceful areas as possible. Incidentally I live very close to Himalayas, so I get plenty of opportunities. Besides I leave no chance to visit walking areas and big parks wherever I go. There are plenty of natural spots close to my residence and one right in front of my home.

You are lucky to be living so close to nature and still are not cribbing about not living in a large city like some people do...I too live in a relatively small city and I have to go just 5 kms and I am in open spaces and hilly places where I can wander about as much as I want and my family too is very happy with this rather than live in larger city..

Thank you said by: suni51
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

You are lucky to be living so close to nature and still are not cribbing about not living in a large city like some people do...I too live in a relatively small city and I have to go just 5 kms and I am in open spaces and hilly places where I can wander about as much as I want and my family too is very happy with this rather than live in larger city..

In fact I have lived in metros for decades so I finally decided to stay back in my hometown although not at my ancestral' home but in a colony located at Delhi Dehradun Highway 10 km away from main city. Cities like Mussori, Dehradun, Haridwar, Shimla, Nainital are well within 2-4 hours' drive from my place and I leave no chance to visit one or the other place according to weather. Delhi is also within an hour's drive from my place. And yes, I have visited your city several times and your entire area including Coorg and places like Kodachadri during my posting at Bangalore.

We are consciously destroying nature and everything beautiful in it. It is a terrific truth that we are least bothered about the future of coming generations. We should be ready to face the reality; otherwise we would have to stand embarrassed in front of the fusillades of questions from the coming generations about a sustainable world.    

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
suni51 wrote:

In fact I have lived in metros for decades so I finally decided to stay back in my hometown although not at my ancestral' home but in a colony located at Delhi Dehradun Highway 10 km away from main city. Cities like Mussori, Dehradun, Haridwar, Shimla, Nainital are well within 2-4 hours' drive from my place and I leave no chance to visit one or the other place according to weather. Delhi is also within an hour's drive from my place. And yes, I have visited your city several times and your entire area including Coorg and places like Kodachadri during my posting at Bangalore.

We visited Madikeri(coorg) last month and I am posting a picture I took of Brahmagiri mountains( western ghats) from TalaKaveri , birth place of Kaveri...It is so serene and beautiful that time stands still when you are up there ..

399761_2_6brahmagiri mountains.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.