Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

We once met the Police Commissioner to complain about the severe noise  that marriage processions create en route to a fes marriage party plots near to our society. He informed us that no permission is required to be taken for a marriage procession and thus it is not subject to regulation. Many times when they have confiscated the huge sound systems  the  issue is made so emotional that the police is forced to give in. Recently I saw for the first time some members of a marriage procession collecting the waste left after bursting the crackers on the main road.

Introducing a glamorous law and forgetting the very net day is quite normal way in our administration. Besides strict implementation of noise curbing laws people should realize that they too have a role in making a law successful. The example you quoted that people collected the garbage is an example of People participation in any welfare measure. we need such awareness more and more.

I agree as I know how important is nature for us. I felt it during my recent visit to ''kedarnath'' last month. It was good to see green snow capped mountain and water falls every where. Temperature there was -2 and really it was wonderful to see that place but the irony is we are destroying that place as I saw plastic bags and water bottles every where there. It looked as if don't care for mother nature and expect she would spare us.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

Plastic,noise,dirt,filth,garbage - we have every kind of pollution in our cities, no doubt other countries too are bound to have all this to some extent but they have an efficient  waste management system that works most of the time...Now most Indian cities have banned plastic bags but it is only the major branded shops and supermarkets that follow these rules.The smaller vendors still use plastic bags.It is in our own interest that we take a bag with us.I keep a couple of Jute and clothe bags with me when I go shopping ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Plastic,noise,dirt,filth,garbage - we have every kind of pollution in our cities, no doubt other countries too are bound to have all this to some extent but they have an efficient  waste management system that works most of the time...Now most Indian cities have banned plastic bags but it is only the major branded shops and supermarkets that follow these rules.The smaller vendors still use plastic bags.It is in our own interest that we take a bag with us.I keep a couple of Jute and clothe bags with me when I go shopping ..

Efficient waste management systems are very much prevalent in India too. But all lying in cold storage. Mere having laws is not enough. They should be effectively implemented. Vizag which has been selected as a smart city is still amidst stink and garbage.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.