The BJP led by Modi had made sanction of OROP an election plank. Yet one year down the line it is not approved and one wonders if it will come at all. Non sanction of OROP can seriously affect morale and I learn the common soldiers are getting concerned. The OROp affects all including serving men as todays soldiers will retire tomoirrow, modi is doing a great disservice to the nation by this nonapproval? Looks like shades of Nehru

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said, “All hurdles, including a political clearance on its financial implications, have been removed. Now the actual calculation and administrative details are being worked out. We are sure to get the scheme rolling in the next few weeks.”

I feel though it is delayed, OROP will certainly be implemented. The country cannot afford to dissatisfy the defense forces who are the sentinels of this country.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/defence-news-faq-what-is-one-rank-one-pension/20150529.htm

I failed to understand what is hurry, government come for five years not one year, the OROP has been delayed for more than 40 years, and the financial calculations are done as per @Rambabu and it will be implemented, if it si plank then all these pre step should not be there at all. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

We should give the new government a bit of breathing space. it came in to power amidst problems created by the earlier governments.

I too feel that instead of blaming Modi and the government for not being able to correct all evils that have come down through the years, we need to wait and give some more time.There are four more years and if they still don't do anything worthwhile and keep up their promises ,they will automatically be thrown out..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's natural to look towards a newly formed government which is bent upon putting an end to all the destructive work of the earlier governments. In this process the new government has to be given time. Parrikar has already assured that OROP will be certainly implemented.

The sventh Pay Commission is in process. I hope the recommendations of the commission will take place from 1.1.2016.  May be the seventh pay commission would suggest action plan for one rank one pension.  It is just and proper that all pensioners retiring in one rank with same service should get same pension irrespective of date of retirement.  Presently, the pensioners reting at later date get more pension even if their service is not more and rank not higher than he old pensioners who retired earlier. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Manohar Parrikar has already assured that the scheme will be implemented. Ha said all the bottleneck issues were cleared.

Mr Singh has some capacity to berate Nehru on a daily basis. Now even OROP is blamed on him. If OROP is sanctioned what prevents other services from asking for similar benefits. Repeatedly a threat is sought to be issued that morale of army will go down - this is not fair. Modi has used it to garner votes and now has to fulfill his promise by taxing citizens to meet the higher outgo. Have patience, before Bihar elections package will be announced.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
rambabu wrote:

Manohar Parrikar has already assured that the scheme will be implemented. Ha said all the bottleneck issues were cleared.

But he has now promised to keep silence for next six months !!

Then, the impatience in the ex armed forces will grow.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.