Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

@Usha

Scope for honest disagreement should always be desirably there and we may not be on the same page on all issues. Being a keen observer of politics I have noted several shortcomings in Modi's personality and the worst and most dangerous for the country is his penchant to lead a larger than life existence and nursing dictatorial ambititons and Advani's fear of another emergency may have been prompted by Modi's style which is also the reason behind his choosing a mediocre and faceless team. I am aware that a year is just not enough

Yes Chinmoy, I am aware of several shortcomings on the part of the present government , but as you rightly said we need to give them some more time ...If they mean to deliver they will realise their mistakes and give a better performance or else go the congress way..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In politics one week is a very long time. Already nearly 60 weeks have passed how many more weeks are needed.

Modi is a showman. I have not understood his wearing a suit costing Rs 9 lakh to welcome Obama.  The uS President commented on it in a humorous way. In my view it shows that Modi has lopsided priorities. With 10,000 farmers ( 2500 this year) having committed suicide, I wonder what was the need to give a line of credit of all countries to Mongolia for 1 billion dollars, when he should be working to feed the hungry.

MG Singh wrote:

Modi is a showman. I have not understood his wearing a suit costing Rs 9 lakh to welcome Obama.  The uS President commented on it in a humorous way. In my view it shows that Modi has lopsided priorities. With 10,000 farmers ( 2500 this year) having committed suicide, I wonder what was the need to give a line of credit of all countries to Mongolia for 1 billion dollars, when he should be working to feed the hungry.

The suit was given to him by a tailor who had specially stitched iit and Modi himself may not even have known the kind of media furore it caused apparently it is just exaggeration that it cost 9 lakhs since it fetched 6 lakh odd in an auction ! however, I do agree that more care should be given to domestic matters , otherwise Modi and BJP too would go the Congress way

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

The suit was given to him by a tailor who had specially stitched iit and Modi himself may not even have known the kind of media furore it caused apparently it is just exaggeration that it cost 9 lakhs since it fetched 6 lakh odd in an auction ! however, I do agree that more care should be given to domestic matters , otherwise Modi and BJP too would go the Congress way

@Usha. The suit fetched Rs 4.30  crores at the auction and not 6 lakh. Modi is a narcissist. There was a film on his dress. He wears pens ( Mont blanc) dresses which cost a fortune.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

@Usha. The suit fetched Rs 4.30  crores at the auction and not 6 lakh. Modi is a narcissist. There was a film on his dress. He wears pens ( Mont blanc) dresses which cost a fortune.

Can one blame Modi if the suit fetched such a huge sum...By the way which politician isnt narcissist to some extent ? As long as one is committed and is not corrupt , it is not a crime...As for the pen suit or dresses it is just speculation , he has been gifted with Monte Blanc pens which he is fond of...Dressing well is not a bad thing .

No body forced a buyer to buy Modi's suit and pen. Auctioning celebrities' used things is not an uncommon happening. It has become a fashion to Modi's critics to criticize him for everything and anything.. This type of effort is more of a desperate effort keep these critics in the limelight.

The only reason why Modi gets singled out is because he himself raised expectations from himself to very high levels. Now when he behaves as an ordinary politician, barring some diehard supporters others do feel let down. 

True. Mod's arrival created lot of expectations from the nation. Now it seems those very expectations which led to elation for him and his party have become a huge burden. I can say rather he is in suffocating state.

By not taking his errant Ministers and CM's to task he thinks people will believe they are innocent. It will be a hollow victory because that would give licence to others to indulge in malpractices as Modi in order to protect his own name and image would not act against them, But people can see through.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.