The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

We have deviated from the main topic in the thread. It is becoming a referendum on Nehru. Like all great persons he too had his quota of faults. The decisions taken in his tenure were taken in the environment of those times. We are evaluating them in today's polarized environment with not full knowledge at our command. Some of us keep sticking to our perceptions even when proper answers have been provided. A wedge is sought to be created between Nehru and Patel. When decisions went right then credit is given to Patel's sagacious advice and when things have gone wrong then it is highlighted that Patel was loyal to Nehru and followed his wrong orders also. Patel was a tall leader like Nehru and both gelled very well and had couirage to oewn up joint responsibility. As soon as Kashmir acceeded to India the first person to dash to Srinagar in a army Dakota plane was Sardar Patel who took an army briefing at the  airport itself and cut short his stay promising supplies and troops immediately on return to Delhi. 

When a statement is made that Nehru liberated Goa a member has given a list of many others who fought for its liberation. but when a mistake is committed it is only Nehru who has to be blamed. 

I guess you are not used to listening to different view points in a discussion forum, rather stick to your own guns and consider your opinion as being final ....

The feeling could be mutual. No problems. Show must go on.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

We have deviated from the main topic in the thread. It is becoming a referendum on Nehru. Like all great persons he too had his quota of faults. The decisions taken in his tenure were taken in the environment of those times. We are evaluating them in today's polarized environment with not full knowledge at our command. Some of us keep sticking to our perceptions even when proper answers have been provided. A wedge is sought to be created between Nehru and Patel. When decisions went right then credit is given to Patel's sagacious advice and when things have gone wrong then it is highlighted that Patel was loyal to Nehru and followed his wrong orders also. Patel was a tall leader like Nehru and both gelled very well and had couirage to oewn up joint responsibility. As soon as Kashmir acceeded to India the first person to dash to Srinagar in a army Dakota plane was Sardar Patel who took an army briefing at the  airport itself and cut short his stay promising supplies and troops immediately on return to Delhi. 

When a statement is made that Nehru liberated Goa a member has given a list of many others who fought for its liberation. but when a mistake is committed it is only Nehru who has to be blamed. 

I guess you are not used to listening to different view points in a discussion forum, rather stick to your own guns and consider your opinion as being final ....

VIJAY is wrong. Sardar patel never visited kashmir. In fact he was kept out by Nehru from all matters of  J an K

@MGSingh for once you are wrong Pl read the book 'Slender was the Thread" written by the Commander of the Indian troops in Kashmir in 1947 operations, I think it was Mr Sen but I am not sure. Pl check before making such absolute statement. 

Thank you said by: rambabu
vijay wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

I respect your opinion Vijay. This attitude of the members can take the forums in to interesting heights. Let's take it easy and try our best to enrich the discussion forums.

vijay wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

Sure, as long as we are clear about things :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: vijay
@Vijay So you accept Instrument did not c contain the terms. It is getting curiouser and curousier.Any law student knows that a valid contract between parties must have consideration unless it is out of love and natural affection. Name the document which produced this voodoo arrangement- legal chimera which as poor a man as I am in knowledge,is not able to understand this superior thesis. Mind you it was not before 1956 that J&K ratified this instrument. When it comes to scrapping a temporary provision all our holy anger is raised but permanent guarantees are abolished it is OK for us! If it is not duplicitous then what is duplicity?
vijay wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

VIJAY is wrong. Sardar patel never visited kashmir. In fact he was kept out by Nehru from all matters of  J an K

@MGSingh for once you are wrong Pl read the book 'Slender was the Thread" written by the Commander of the Indian troops in Kashmir in 1947 operations, I think it was Mr Sen but I am not sure. Pl check before making such absolute statement. 

Anyone interested to read what Dr Karni Singh had to say about Sardar Patel?

http://www.karansingh.com/blog/?p=55

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Babu saroj

What is the theme? Is Kashmir a sovereign state?  The answer is in negarive as J & K is part of India as per merger treaty norwithstanding special status. The second issue is whether J & K can make its own law. The answer is in affirmative. J & K can have own law except on foreign affaits, defence, currency management. In fact, every state in India can frame own law in matters in state list. India is a quasi federal state and all states have their own jurisdiction. J & K has greater autonomy and some privilges. Also most Indian legal acts do not apply to state of J & K.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
@Gulshanji I wish I could swallow your otherwise wonderfully crafted and facile oversimplification of a theme which continue to puzzle, daunt and frustrate the entire political class-leaders of all hues.Our successive generations will never forgive the ones whose folly and sin have landed us in this quagmire.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

What is the theme? Is Kashmir a sovereign state?  The answer is in negarive as J & K is part of India as per merger treaty norwithstanding special status. The second issue is whether J & K can make its own law. The answer is in affirmative. J & K can have own law except on foreign affaits, defence, currency management. In fact, every state in India can frame own law in matters in state list. India is a quasi federal state and all states have their own jurisdiction. J & K has greater autonomy and some privilges. Also most Indian legal acts do not apply to state of J & K.  

Thank you sir for presenting a complex issue in a down to earth language.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
vijay wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
vijay wrote:

@vijay, i have read the book of gen Sen. I stand by what I wrote. Just after the accension was signed only VP Menon landed at Srinagar to bring back the papers. It was then only a DC 3 with 28 Sikh troops and Lt Col Rai landed as nobody was sure that airport had fallen or not. Patel if he wanted also could not have landed. Anyway read the Mountbatton papers. Only Nehru and Mountbattin took decisions on Kashmir. Patel was not consulted.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.