Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Yakub Memon is to be hanged yet killers of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh  CM punjab got a reprieve and were spared the noose. The only 2 hanged so far in India are Muslims (recently).

No doubt there is a lot of debate going on about the merits and demerits of granting Yakub the death sentence...His crimes too are serious .However, I am totally against death sentence because it does not deter the would be criminal one bit...I feel that they should be given life sentence , until death without parole, so that they repent their act each day !

Coming to Yakub Memon there are many grey areas.  It is not clear whether he surrendered or was captured. Mostly it appears he surrendered on his own and also gave a mine of information to RAW about activities of ISI. He at the most deserves a life sentence.

suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:
suni51 wrote:
vijay wrote:

Seeking minority votes is vote bank politics but seeking majority's  votes is not vote bank politics. Great.

That's the whole point, if a decision makes majority happy that certainly will not be called vote bank politics. However the truth is hanging terrorists is not the decision of present government but came from SC. In case of Rajiv Gandhi murders it was decided by Congress party. I don't think hanging terrorists is vote bank politics.

Hanging should not be a case of vote bank politics, but when state assemblies pass resolutions in favor of terrorists what do you have to say? 

Do you really need an answer for that? The law should take it's own course and legislatory should stay away in such cases.

And it is taking place. Politician interference is going unabated. If this goes on , I'll not be amazed to see Yakub Memon may  go scot-free in the coming days.

All are equal before the eyes of law. But this cannot be said of those administering law.  Probably bias against minority community also works. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree with what you said, " All are equal before the eyes of law." But not with your comment " Bias against minorities." had there been any bias, minorities would not have been enjoying all the priorities under the sun.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yakub Memon is to be hanged yet killers of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh  CM punjab got a reprieve and were spared the noose. The only 2 hanged so far in India are Muslims (recently).

No doubt there is a lot of debate going on about the merits and demerits of granting Yakub the death sentence...His crimes too are serious .However, I am totally against death sentence because it does not deter the would be criminal one bit...I feel that they should be given life sentence , until death without parole, so that they repent their act each day !

Coming to Yakub Memon there are many grey areas.  It is not clear whether he surrendered or was captured. Mostly it appears he surrendered on his own and also gave a mine of information to RAW about activities of ISI. He at the most deserves a life sentence.

I was following a discussion 0n TV news channel where many of the people present were against death sentence for Memon because he had surrendered under the condition that he would give them information and he would not be given death sentence.It was also a fact that 2 or 3 attempts were carried out by Dawood gang to kill him while he was in police custody all of which he withstood...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I heard Asaduddin Owaisi's version. But my question is why the President and the Apex court refused his mercy pleas.. Are the above said agencies are not aware of the conditions under what conditions Yaqub surrendered ? The arrangements for his hanging are in full swing. He will be hanged on July 30 when the news was last heard.

rambabu wrote:

I heard Asaduddin Owaisi's version. But my question is why the President and the Apex court refused his mercy pleas.. Are the above said agencies are not aware of the conditions under what conditions Yaqub surrendered ? The arrangements for his hanging are in full swing. He will be hanged on July 30 when the news was last heard.

Thats what I have been thinking ! Pranab Mukherji is a Congressman and so he would not go against his party interests , as implied by others saying that muslims are targeted by the BJP rulers.. Supreme court is an independent body and often we have seen how they pull up the government when there is some wrong doings by them !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Thats what I have been thinking ! Pranab Mukherji is a Congressman and so he would not go against his party interests , as implied by others saying that muslims are targeted by the BJP rulers.. Supreme court is an independent body and often we have seen how they pull up the government when there is some wrong doings by them !

With all said and done, I'm of the firm opinion that Yaqub Memon should be hanged unto death on July 30 as scheduled. Law is blind about the deaths caused by this terrorist ?

law is law and its meant for everybody wheather it is me or you law see everybody with one eyes 

bhuyali saroj

rambabu wrote:

I agree with what you said, " All are equal before the eyes of law." But not with your comment " Bias against minorities." had there been any bias, minorities would not have been enjoying all the priorities under the sun.

Law is administered by human. There is no doubt that bias- apparent or  in subconscious mind- works whatever you do. Anti Muslim ias is very wide.  The Hindu oppressed classes got all the privileges like reservation in services but Muslims remained less educated and backward. This is bias. In fact, if a SAcheduled caste person becomes Muslim or Christian, his facilities are taken away.  It cannot be denied that the adminsitartyor of law are not unbiased.  I'm not referring to any particular case.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.