Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. In the eyes of law all are equal. There is no discrimination. It is same for all be it a prince or a pauper.

The murders of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh were crimes against individuals but in case of Memon he is guilty of serial blasts that killed hundreds of innocent people and injured several times more. There is no comparison in between these cases.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Exactly. Taking into consideration the amount of loss of human lives and property, Yaqum Memon should be hanged unto death on July 30 as scheduled. This  monster doesn't deserve any sympathy. He is an enemy to the humanity.

rambabu wrote:

Exactly. Taking into consideration the amount of loss of human lives and property, Yaqum Memon should be hanged unto death on July 30 as scheduled. This  monster doesn't deserve any sympathy. He is an enemy to the humanity.

I totally agree with you except that it is going to make him a martyr and elevates him in the eyes of terrorists and his followers...Keeping him alive locked up, helpless until his last day is more severe a punishment ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Some members have stated the both the President and Supreme Court have rejected mercy pleas and must be ib know of the fact that Yakub was promised that he would not be hanged upon his surrendering. The latter may be true. The President, even if was a Congressman, cannot exercise his discretion and is duty bound to go by the advice of the Govt. the Supreme Court takes decisions strictly on the basis of what is presented before it. The deal with Yakub may have been not presented before them. In this connection it is worth noting the article by late Mr Raman in charge of Pakistan operations in RAW where he clearly says Yakub should not have been given death sentence as it was breach of a deal under which he surrendered and also motivated nearly seven of his relatives also to do so.

suni51 wrote:

The murders of Rajiv Gandhi and Beant Singh were crimes against individuals but in case of Memon he is guilty of serial blasts that killed hundreds of innocent people and injured several times more. There is no comparison in between these cases.

Then why where they awarded death sentences? So now a mathematical formula needs to be evolved to lonking numer murders and death sentence punishment.

I read the article. His concluding lines are worth noting. Here they are

"In all likelihood, Yakub Memon's fate has been sealed. But there will always be an alternate school of thought about him being sent to the gallows, and not necessarily from the 'sickular' or 'left wing'. A nationalist officer who orchestrated the entire operation also believed in the same thing. There lies the significance in B Raman's article."

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-yakub-memon-death-sentence-raw-official-who-coordinated-operation-of-bringing-him-back-said-he-doesn-t-deserve-gallows-2107691

But you still want him to be hanged!!!

vijay wrote:

But you still want him to be hanged!!!

After reading this article of course I have to think again. But after reading the concluding lines of the article, I am in a fix. Because he said that there are other schools of thought which may differ. Anyhow, it is worth reading and come to a definitive conclusion.

If we compare the number of criminals hanged till date after independence, then the number of non-muslims hanged is much more greater. How can one say that in any way India is against muslims. People who are giving logic that giving death sentence to Yakub indicates against Muslims are trying to save a terrorist from death. Terrorist have no religion, all who are involved in killing of innocent people should be hanged.

http://www.comparenshop.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.